Island Patriot

Bourbon Orca

Bergen Harbour

Far Scout

Far Sapphire

Far Saga
    View more photo's at my Flickr photostream blog

Comment

Love the fact that our collection of these macho vessels grow steadily.

I have no idea what it is, but I'm starting to like these kind of vessels more and more each time I see one.

If anyone else around the world spot any oil-/ supply-/ AH vessels around their area, please share them here.

Burbon Orca and Island Vanguard are now among my favourites.
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
      Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
      Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

One particular vessel visited Kristiansund again today. It was "Skandi Bergen" and used to be blue.
        Today she sailed into Sterkoder Ship yard bright red and with a new helicopter deck over the bow.
        I didn't get to take pictures, because I started to work at 0800 AM this morning and got off at 0800 PM.

I've also heared rumers that the coming summer could be a good one for me when it comes to taking pictures of offshore vessels.

I've heared that all new ships will sail directly from the ship yards at Sunnmøre to Kristiansund to get on board all their wires and chains, as a local company got a huge contract to equip new ships with such equipment.
        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

I can look at work boats all day long. Keep the photographs coming.

Comment

Wider world

Nice to see Offshore vessels of the world on this site, not only Cruisers and Liners. So far it appears that Ulsteinvik and Kr.sund N. is the world, so I thought I'll post a few from the other side of the world as well.

10 Offshore vessel moored alongside each other at Loyang Offshore Base, S'pore

A newbuilt AHTS of 5000 Bhp. China built

Newbuilt Salvage Tug Salviscount

Shearleg crane barge Asian Hercules II, 32000 t. SWL leaving Singapore under tow by Smit Lumut(Two jobs in China)

Marine 305, typical J/U Rig working over a platform in Yadana Field, Burma (Now Pride Hawaii)

Top modern MODU leaving Jurong Shipyard for sea trails and off to GOM.
            Last edited by ombugge; September 27th, 2011, 08:38. Reason: correction of previous mistake

Comment

I belive you posted nice pictures 'ombugge'...., but I can't see'em....

Comment

ombugge: When I checked the picture properties it is linking to a Photobucket folder, not to an individual picture.

Comment

Also have in mind that the link to a picture will be broken if you delete the picture from Photobucket.
                  That means; it will not only be deleted from Photobucket, but also all places on the internet you have used that picture....

(Only ment as a tips if anyone have plans to have a spring cleanup in their Photobucket albums).

Comment

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
                    ombugge: When I checked the picture properties it is linking to a Photobucket folder, not to an individual picture.
                    That seems to be correct what pilotdane writes. The IMG tag you should use is for the picture itself, the so called IMG code. Please let us know if you need any more help.

This is the code I use... (from my album):

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                    (Only ment as a tips if anyone have plans to have a spring cleanup in their Photobucket albums).
                    I was just about to do that a while ago.... suddenly, I realized it was not such a good idea.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                      Scandi Captain still in dry dock at Ottersøy last night, March 25th 2009:

Scandi Captain still in dock on March 28th 2009:

Comment

"Ocean West" sailing out of Kristiansund harbour this afternoon....
                        Last edited by Sterkoder; April 5th, 2009, 22:28.

Comment

Energy Searcher OPL S'pore 02.04.2009

Here is a real old lady, built as M.S."Lappland" at Eriksberg in 1959 as a Ore Carrier, converted to Drillship in Hong Kong in 1982 and still going strong.
                          I was the Captain on her for a few months back in 1997. The last Owners had gone bust and a French company had bought her. We worked for UNOCAL in Thailand.

Now belonging to Northern Offshore (John Frederiksen)
                          Link: http://www.northernoffshorelimited.c...NOF%20Short%20
                          Specifications%20-%20Energy%20Searcher%20Aug%202008.pdf

I took these pictures OPL S'pore a few days ago, where she is waiting on new assignment.

I will check if I have any "action pictures" from my last visit to the Searcher, while working for Talisman off Malaysia in 2006.
                          Last edited by ombugge; April 26th, 2009, 08:47. Reason: Reapir damagae done by moving pics on Photobucket

Comment

How was the view from the bridge of Energy Searcher? It looks like the drill rig completely blocks the forward view.

Comment

Now that is an amazing looking vessel... nothing like anything I have ever seen at sea.

I find it very interesting studying such vessels though.

Comment

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
                                How was the view from the bridge of Energy Searcher? It looks like the drill rig completely blocks the forward view.
                                As you can imagine, not too good. I used to insist on having a look-out on each bridge wing when we were sailing, even in open sea, but that was not popular with the Rig Superintendent. He wanted all hands to WORK.

She has a radar scanner and CCTV camera pointing fwrd. but that does not do much in a court of law. That became clear to most after she had a collision in the Singapore Starit sometime in 2004 or 2005.

Comment

Working...
                                X