Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SKANDI WAVENEY 9239604 en route Den Helder.

Comment

HIGHLAND ENDURANCE 9249518 en route Den Helder.

Comment

TROMS FJORD 9348211 during departure Den Helder.

Comment

Oh Jack, in #1691 you have the Skandi Waveney! The river Waveney divides the two counties of Norfolk and Suffolk here in East Anglia, and is two minutes from my door!
          Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
          Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• Jack Mulder
            Jack Mulder commented
            Editing a comment
            Sounds good Ivy

• wherrygirl
            wherrygirl commented
            Editing a comment
            Actually, Ombugge, there are camels about half-an-hour's (car) drive away from me. See http://www.oasiscamelpark.co.uk/About.html but I think the 2 minutes to the river Waveney can be accomplished by human foot. Last year when the Vink tribe were over here, I wanted to go to Oasis because you can have a camel ride and take a llama walkies all by yourself, apart from the fact that there are many other smaller animals to be seen. I gave the tribe the choice of going there or going to see the horses out at Chippenham Green where they spend the summer roaming wild (very friendly creatures) and they opted for the horses (no charge!). I know Thijs' wife Henny would secretly have loved to go to Oasis. However, if the Vinks ever reappear then she and I will go to there and the rest can ........!

• wherrygirl
            wherrygirl commented
            Editing a comment
            It's a beautiful river, Jack and flows into another much nearer the sea which finally ends up at Great Yarmouth. That's where I go to see their Maritime Festival which will be in two weeks' time. They always have a Tall Ship there, and since I've been going that has been a Dutch one except on just one occasion, when they had the replica Shtandart. But this year it's the Swedish replica Gotherborg plus a British one, the Lord Nelson, specially adapted for a disabled crew.

Some Offshore Vessels seen in Batam this week.
          Panorama of Sekupang Anchorage:

A couple of PSVs at Jaya Asiatic Shipyard (JAS):

The Multi-purpose Maintenance/Accommodation vessel MMA Privilege at JAS, ready for delivery:

Comment

PSV NAO Protector in drone video from Stavanger: http://gcaptain.com/drone-video-plat.../#.VdgSwLKqpBc

PS> There are also other interesting vessels showing here.

Comment

We can probably agree that this one looks strange, but she is very practical when you want to tow as many cables and sources as possible behind you: http://gcaptain.com/ship-photos-of-t...2#.VeF_nPaqpBc

The alternative would have been to build a Catamaran type vessel to get the same beam at the stern.

Comment

MSC SIROCCO 9643764 docked by DAMEN BV Den Helder.

Comment

AHTS "KL Saltfjord"

AHTS KL Saltfjord by Joakim André, on Flickr

Comment

Very nice picture in very calm waters, Joakim!
                    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I can't remember if this one has been featured here before:

She ain't no beauty, but said to be very efficient for the work she is doing.

Comment

Not every year we vitness a ship christening here in Kristiansund, but today we had a christening seremony for the brand new PSV (Platform Supply Vessel) SIEM PRIDE. It is yardnr. 856/1 from Remontowa Shipbuilding in Poland, and has a three year contract with Shell in the Norwegian Sea.

The seremony took place at Storkaia just outside AMFI Storkaia Brygge shopping mall, as seen from Innlandet

The view from the area around Thon Hotel at Innlandet

I'm happy they used Storkaia, as I was able to use one of my favourite spotter place on top of the car park building at the shopping mall

The Harbour Master welcomes invited guests and crew

I don't know the name of the girl performing the christening, but she handled the champagne bottle well

The ship officially got its name, and we say congratulations to crew and owners

Last edited by Sterkoder; November 12th, 2015, 14:49.
                        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

I'm so happy you got to witness and photograph this event Sterkoder.... and you captured the moment of the christening so well!

Nice looking vessel and congratulations to it's owner, it's officers and crew, and congratulations to Port of Kristiansund!

Hopefully, no scandal following this simpler ceremony.
                          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• Sterkoder
                            Sterkoder commented
                            Editing a comment
                            No scandal can come from an 18 minutes seremony, I would guess. And the woman breaking the champagne only got a barmful of flowers, at least as far as we out in the open are concerned. What she got as a christening gift at the christening dinner...., I don't know.
                            But nothing to raise a scandal like in Bergen I would guess :-)

Not that we need reminding how the harbour is the centre of things in Kristiansund, but getting a "grandstand view" of a christening from a favourite spotter place is a delight. Great champagne moment, Sterkoder!

Comment

• Sterkoder
                            Sterkoder commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thank you so much!
                            I'm actually on sick leave on crutches due to a bad anckle..., but you know me...., what could hold me back? :-D

• pakarang
                            pakarang commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Not even an empty gasoline tnak could hold you back, and I for one, is very happy about that!

Get well soon!

• Seagull
                            Seagull commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Hope you get better and off those crutches soon Sterkoder

http://www.tk.no/nyheter/skipsfart/s.../s/5-51-127781

Can't see Big S on his crutches in the photos though!
                          Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• Sterkoder
                            Sterkoder commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I guess no one spotted me. I was high up on the roof of the car park building...., almost like a secret agent. Took my pictures and retreted, unseen (haha) ;-)

• Tommi
                            Tommi commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I can imagine those turning James Bond license plates on the car too.
                        Working...
                        X