• Time
  • Show
Clear All

AHTS Far Stream:

AHTS Pacific Barbarian:

AHTS Pacific Banner:

AHTS Pacific Parrot:

AHTS Touchet Tide:

Last edited by ombugge; February 8th, 2015, 12:02. Reason: Replace wrongly placed picture

Comment

CSV/Accommodation/Maintenance Vessel Arina Samurai:

A Swiber Construction Barge w/a lot of support around:

Forgot which one.

PS> I believe she is the Swiber Resolute.

Comment

I'm still very impressed about the never ending amount of vessels that in each moment are located in Singapore.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommi View Post
          I'm still very impressed about the never ending amount of vessels that in each moment are located in Singapore.
          I think I have stated several times that there are abt. 900 - 1000 vessels of all sizes and types withing Singapore Port Limits at any time, day and night, 24/7 and 365.Some for short visit to bunker, others for year for conversion etc.
          ​This does not include the small Harbour Crafts, such as the launches used to bring people to/from the anchorages, the small wooden tugs etc. (I'm not sure if the larger Harbour tugs and Bunker tankers is counted in, as they sometime operates outside Port Limits and in the region)

In addition there are anywhere from 100 - 200 vessels at anchor outside port limits, but serviced from Singapore and abt. 150 vessel/day passing through Singapore Strait without entering into Singapore Port.

It is the busies Port in the world in overall tonnage and cargo handled, but only No. 2 in terms of Container throughput. (Shanghai handles a bit more)
          ​It is also the world largest bunkering port at something like 44 Mill. tonnes/year being delivered and a major refining and Petrochemical hub. LNG is coming
          Ship Repair, Conversion and Shipbuilding is major business, especially Rig Building. Keppel FELS alone delivered 21 rigs last year.

All you ever want to know about Singapore Port can be found here: http://www.mpa.gov.sg/sites/global_n...tatistics.page

Comment

• ecureilx
            ecureilx commented
            Editing a comment
            I will try to take a night picture of the beach, which is like a well lit up street, with a lot of lights.. that'll give a clue of how many ships are anchored around Singapore... !!

• ombugge
            ombugge commented
            Editing a comment
            That is only Eastern Working Anchorage. There are as many ships at anchor off Changi, on Western Anchorage and at Jurong West Anchorage.
            I gave it a try from the Marina Barrage the other day, but it didn't work for me. You probably have to take a series of picture and stitch them into a panorama, using one of the many tools available for free.

Highland Bugler 9249441 en route Den Helder.

Picture © Ruud Mulder

Comment

Tommi, pardon my low res pictures, just for comparison !

A normal day at the beach .. In Singapore !!

Comment

• ecureilx
              ecureilx commented
              Editing a comment
              ombugge: precisely, sometimes there is too many to count !!!

Pieter Schelte further as Pioneering Spirit the largest ship in the world '
            Pieter Schelte ' now goes under the name ' Pioneering Spirit '. That made the Swiss-Dutch offshore company Allseas on Monday, echoing earlier criticism of the name.
            Allseas left Friday already know that it was apart from the choice ' Pieter Schelte ', "after the broad and wide-spread criticism".
            The Dutchman Pieter Schelte Heerema (1908-1981) served as an officer in the Waffen-SS service. after the war, he was convicted and received a prison sentence for that. The international transport trade union ITF previously demanded that would change the name of the ship and started a petition in which Shell called the ship not to hire.

Comment

"Island Wellserver" in Bergen.

Island Wellserver på byfjorden, Bergen by JoakimAndré, on Flickr

Comment

Troms Fjord 9348211 at Texel roads The Netherlands.

Comment

DINA MERKUR 9344332.

Comment

KROONBORG 9704867 arriving at Den Helder.

Comment

BOA SUB C is like a small mountain alongside the quay in Kristiansund, and someone has just done their man-over-board training :-) (I'm at the ResQ training facility taking this shot)

They couldn't help this guy, so he was left alone (haha)

"IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

HIGHLAND CITADEL 9262857 leaving Den Helder.

Comment

VOS PROMINENCE 9334026 manoeuvring at Den Helder harbour.

Comment

Obviously before change of name and installation of lifting arms: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=114&v=_8tLqzoB_dE

Comment

Working...
                            X