Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But the most interesting vessel to be seen there is Fugro's Coring vessel "Mariner", built as Kistha Dan in Holland in 1962 and still operating at the ripe old age of 52:
    http://www.fugro-singapore.com.sg/pd...ner04_2013.pdf
    Built for the Greenland trade the frame distance was something like 25-30 cm. and with thick hull plating to withstand the pressure of heavy screw ice. I surveyed this vessel some 10 years ago and was impressed by the condition of the hull then

Here is a picture from the web:

Yesterday she was (again) at Loyang to prepare for her next assignment:

A bit wider view:

Comment

Let us have a closer look at this old lady, starting from the stern:

The bridge wing:

She has got a couple of additional generators installed to drive the Coring drill and winches etc. hence the exhaust pipes up along the front.

2 x Triple drum anchor winches for her 6-point mooring system:

She is able to anchor in up to 200 m. water depth without the assistance of an anchor handler.

Comment

The crane is a fairly new addition:

Discharging core samples from the cargo hold:

Good old wooden hatch board and canvas cover.
        Brings back memory of the Willhelmsen ships I sailed on, with 5 hatches and three decks, all with this type of hatch covers.

Here the hatch is opened up to receive new equipment and stores:

Pakarang view can not be missed:

Stbd. side view:

She has just passed Lloyds +100A1 Class for another 5 years of service. (Next Special Survey due 03/2018)

Comment

Many interesting pictures here, and I like MARINERs lines..., and "jungle" at the stern :-)

This week we have WEST NAVIGATOR in for maintenance and de-mobilisation between jobs.

And at quay #7 was the brand new TROMS ARCTURUS, delivered to the company 28. January 2014. Troms Offshore is a Tidewater company,hence the funnel marking and hull colours
          "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

• Seagull
            Seagull commented
            Editing a comment
            Impressive night shots of some really interesting vessels, Sterkoder.

More Offshore Vessels seen at Loyang Base a few days ago.
          No price for guessing what this one is used as:

Some equipment for her trade is stored on deck:

A piece of equipment you don't normally find on small boats like this:

Sludge Incinerator to receive and dispose of sludge from the large HFO burning Seismic vessels.

She doesn't exactly impress with her size when alongside something like the Geco Eagle (seen above)

Comment

Nice and cozy place for the Work Boat on Geco Eagle:

Another Work boat of the same type on the opposite side.

The stern of Geco Eagle is wort another study:

The streamer deck (or at least half of it) in close-up:

Comment

AHTS VOS Hercules in Pakarang view:

Hercules was a popular name at Loyang that day. Skandi Hercules was still there.

Oil Spill Response boats on stand by:

Comment

Wonder if that work boat on board GECO EAGLE is made in Kristiansund? Nope, don't think so...., on second thought the hull, nore the wheelhouse is Jemar-Norpower design.
                Anyway, WEST NAVIGATOR left Vestbase and Kristiansund just about an hour ago to sail to Draugen Field G1.

As seen from my present living room. Sometimes I feel like I'm in a pilots sea traffic control tower (haha)

A Sikorsky S-92 from CHC Helicopters widened its inbound final leg to the airport, maybe just to take a look or something

Impressive, this 253 meters long steel construction

As seen from my chair in front of the pc through the terrace door window (can't be more precise, sorry ;-) )
                "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

it seems that you are on a golden throne.
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

• Sterkoder
                    Sterkoder commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes..., what do you know; pc with AIS and FlightRadar24, large house windows with a view to the Vestbase in- and outlet plus the inbound flight routes to Kristiansund airport runway 07 (outbound runway 25), airport ATC and a binocular. Golden throne might be a correct frase to use :-)

yesterday in Rotterdam was the new (not even deliverd) ''Sapura Diamante'' moored.
                  although they didn't look bad on the camera screen,they arn't that good on screen.

best regards Thijs

Comment

but today i was there again and under Sunshine.

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                            X