• Time
  • Show
Clear All

AHTS JM Ehsan heading in to get provision:

Waiting for AHTS Sea Sovereign to get out of the way:

Comment

Lots of boats at the anchorage and idle:

A jack-up rig is further out:

Looks like he is freeing legs. (Listed quite a bit earlier)

Sea Sovereign is steam towards his favorite anchor position:

I was on board the AHT Lewek Kea, but did not manage to take any picture of that one.

Comment

Shell Prelude.

From the BBC: "World's biggest 'ship' takes to water"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25213850

We learn that "when fully built, Shell's Prelude will weigh over 600,000 tonnes." That's nearly 3 x Oasis/Allure of The Seas.

Unfortunately, the article is very short and doesn't tell us much more. Maybe someone knows which shipyard is building this beast?

The video is a time-lapse of the launch and manoeuvring by tugs - I can count 8 of them.

---------------------------
        Harald Jarl, Honningsvag to Svolvaer, Summer 1985.
        Deck plan geek.
        The first 5 days after the weekend are the toughest.

Comment

• ombugge
          ombugge commented
          Editing a comment
          This beast is under construction at Samsung Heavy Industries, Geoje shipyard in South Korea

• Clipper
          Clipper commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah right, South Korea. Thank you.

Pacific Battler still at Jurong West Anchorage with the barge and cargo:

Comment

A very big Swier AHTS seen at Jurong West Anchorage, Singapore:

Comment

AHTS Maersk Seeker loading chains and wires at AJW for a deep water mooring operation:

Comment

A new Utility Vessel out testing FiFi:

Comment

Offshore Construction Support Vessel (CSV) North Ocean heading towards Keppel Shipyard, Tuas:

Converted Container Feeder, now Offshore Support Vessel (OSV) POSH Bangka:

Accommodation Work Barge Lewek Champion:

Comment

Two veteran Offshore Vessels seen side by side in Tuas Basin, Singapore:

UT 704 Swiber Trader:

One of the oldest Smit-Lloyd boats, now known as Innjyn Captain:

Comment

http://www.smit-lloyd.com/47.htm

above the story about the ''smit lloyd 47'',the former ''injynn captain'',but it says that she is laid up since 2010 and probally will go soon to the scrapers,
                    together with the ''swiber trader''.

best regards Thijs

Comment

• ombugge
                      ombugge commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That is true, she have been idle for a long time and without much maintenance. It is unlikely she will be back in service again.
                      I don't know why she is still with us, unless it is nostalgia by the Owner??

Two newbuildings for Mermaid at ASL Shipyard, Singapore:

An old UT704 with a list at Glen Marine yard at Pandan, Singapore:

Comment

• ombugge
                      ombugge commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The name is Glenn Columbus. One of the original UT 704s, built in Papenburg for Will. Wilhemsen as Thender Senior.
                      The history; 85 MAERSK SENIOR - 85 TENDER SENIOR - 86 FAR SOUTH - 88 RED ROBIN - 95 RED HAWK - 98 SEABULK HAWK
                      She was sold to Glenn Defense Marine Group in 2008. I have seen her in the gray Navy colour and idle at their yard for a few years now.

Glenn also own another veteran AHTS, the Glenn Freedom, built as Maersk Topper at Ulstein Hatlo in 1974.

What will happen to the Glenn Marine group and their assets now is a bit up in the air, since the boss was tricked into going to the US and got arrested for corruption there: http://rt.com/usa/navy-bribery-military-contractor-515/

Unmistakeable a UT704 there yes. Happen to know her name...?

In Kristiansund today we have SIEM Garnet, MAERSK LASER and ISLAND WELLSERVER on a line alongside Storkaia

We also have NORTHERN COMMANDER and SJOBORG (inner)

All images Copyright: Svein S. Ludvigsen
                    (If anyone feel like stealing a few)
                    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

In connection with the ISLAND WELLSERVER picture, let me give you a link to a video made by the captain and crew on board, based on the music by the Ylvis brothers and their What does the Fox say?
                      http://www.tk.no/nyheter/article7057070.ece
                      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

• Seagull
                        Seagull commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Jolly Christmas! Specially like the bit with the angel wings!

Very nice lineup along Storkaia you had yesterday, Sterkoder (no, I couldn’t decide between #1537/1 or 2 either!), and I much appreciate the details revealed in the extra viewpoint of Siem Garnet too.. You know, I surely must have said it before, but I was just thinking how great it is that there are always interesting viewpoints of ships moored in Kristiansund compared with Leith where often ships are “hidden away” in the inaccessible parts of the port. Love your harbour-centred city – like “theatre in the round” for shipspotters!

Comment

A CSV under construction at Brattvaag:

Comment

Working...
                        X