Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the Challenger actually got scrapped she must be one of the first 704s to go that way.
    Of the 90-odd UT 704 built in the 1970s and very early 1980s only two or three is no longer with us.

Comment

Isn't she a BEAUTY????:

You don't agree??? Well beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, I guess.

Comment

Some Offshore Vessels seen at Loyang Offshore Base, Singapore last week.

CSV Southern Ocean:

Seismic vessel CCG Amadeus, Saigon:

The Support vessel for the Amadeus:

Also Vietnam flag.

Comment

One of Swire's new PSVs, the Pacific Harrier:

An old OSA boat moored in front of her.

The Cargo deck of a brand new PSV, the Topaz Armani, on delivery voyage from the yard in China to her first assignment in West Africa:

Last edited by ombugge; November 16th, 2013, 11:18.

Comment

Another CSV cum Cable layer, the Indian flag Seamec Princess:

Converted from a ice strengthened Finish RoRo vessel, the Solano.

The Trinity Revival. An old Japanese Patrol boat, now used as Survey Vessel (some times):

I believe I have posted quite a detailed report on this one some time ago.

A Tidewater AHTS showing off:

Comment

To the other side of the island. A CSV seen at anchor at at Western Anchorage, Singapore:

As seen from a passing HSC on the way to Batam.

Comment

I forgot the view back long the pier at Loyang:

A familiar sight for many of our guests and some of the members here on CVF.

Comment

Here is a few Offshore vessels seen at West Jurong Anchorage this week.

First an overview of the anchorage on a very calm day:

The NE Monsoon front is in the area, but not yet active, most days.

The AHTS Maersk Seeker is sticking close to it's roots:

She was built here some years ago.

A newly completed Floatel is waiting for her first assignment:

AHTS Deep Sea 1 is in to discharge equipment from her last assignment:

A very powerful vessel at 25,200 Bhp total installed power. Here is the specs: http://goaus.com.au/media/5457-Deep_Sea_1.pdf
                  Originally ordered by Mosvold Shipping in Norway, together with three sister ships, but the order was cancelled due to late delivery.
                  Now under Indonesian flag and operated by Go Marine Group in Australia.

Comment

A much smaller and less powerful AHTS, The Interspray:

One of the regulars at AJW, the Salvigilant:

Normally used for long range towage around the world.

A small Harbour tug is standing by with 4 large Yokohama fenders alongside:

DS 1 in almost Pakarang view as well.

The AHTS Harrier K:

A GO Marine PSV heading East:

Too far away to see the name, but the probably Explorer 3 or 4.

Comment

A PSV under construction at ASL Shipyard, the Mermaid Leeuwin:

​AHTS Pacific Battler at Kim Heng Yard, Pandan:

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                        ....The Trinity Revival. An old Japanese Patrol boat, now used as Survey Vessel (some times).
                        I believe I have posted quite a detailed report on this one some time ago.
                        Indeed you did ombugge, an excellent report which I particularly remember:

http://www.captainsvoyage-forum.com/...674#post102674

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                          Isn't she a BEAUTY????: You don't agree??? Well beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, I guess.
                          Put it this way, Ombugge, your photo is a beauty, anyway.

I forgot the view back long the pier at Loyang: A familiar sight for many of our guests and some of the members here on CVF.
                          You're right, even I recognised it immediately, although I could not have said exactly where it was. (Nor roughly, come to that.)

And I do very much like #1518.1 and 3, as images.
                          Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                          Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

A few offshore vessels are always in the offering when you visit Jurong West Anchorage, Singapore. Here is a few from a trip to the anchorage.

Pacific Wrestler arriving with a barge in tow:

Pacific Battler has been featured before on CVF:

Far Fosna waiting for dock space:

Not actually an Offshore vessel but a deck cargo carrier, the Crest Zapata:

Comment

Many offshore vessels in Kristiansund today.
                              SIEM TOPAZ at the oil- and gas field service base OSS-NOR on the east side of Markussundet
                              (We have three such bases in our area; Vestbase, Oss-Nor and Kristiansund Base at Averøy. KB is owned by Vestbase though)

Three alongside Storkaia, among them OLYMPIC ZEUS
                              "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Some Offshore vessels seen at Kemaman Supply Base (KSB) in Terengganu, Malaysia a couple of days ago.
                                Dive Support Vessel Allied Conquest:

AHTS Armada Tuah 9:

AHTS JM Seri Besut:

AHTS Tanjung Gelang & Setia Mandala:

AHTS Setia Luhur:

Comment

Working...
                                X