NRK1 - a tv-programme TONIGHT!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NRK1 - a tv-programme TONIGHT!

NRK1 has a documentary about a small cargo vessel on the west coast of Norway tonight.
    I'm sure you also can view at NRK web.tv (nrk.no) Title: "Folk - Veien til øyriket"

NRK1 at 19:55 local time thursday 5th March

About the programme (norwegian only):

http://www.nrk.no/programoversikt/?p..._artikkel_id=0
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

By a great coincidence, I switched over to this channel just a few minutes before 8, so I only missed a few minutes of it.

I have to say, this was a great program and I had no idea there were still places in the provinces of Norway where old cargo ships such as this one still operated on a scheduled sailing!

Beautiful shots and great sceneries also!

Good news in case you did not get to see it as well: you can see it any time you want and as many times you want through podcast: www.nrk.no/podcast
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Well, I didn't get to see it myself. Had to do some overtime at work tonight...

I had no idea there were still places in the provinces of Norway where old cargo ships such as this one still operated on a scheduled sailing!
      When you write this, I want to go a little bit OT....; did you ever see the just finished series on NRK1 called E6, where a tv-team started to drive at Svinesund and ended up in Kirkenes..?

I saw all the 8 programmes and each time they stoped around and met people along the main road through Norway.
      I thought much of it was a bit mediocre, but I wonder what kind of series it would be if a tv-team boarded a suitable boat and made an equal series from Oslo to Kirkenes along the coastline...., THAT would be something!!!

Comment

I loved E6... Truls Svendsen is just so friendly and he makes me smile!

You have a very good idea for another program: should we get Kong Olav and just do it?

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I didn't mean that E6 was a bad series, and I also like Truls as a tv-host.
          I just ment that a voyage along the coast could generate so much more norwegian PR as a tourist-nation and I would mean (that's just me) that they would meet so much more interesting and special people....

And as for the "Kong Olav" idea; I could very well see us do that, together with the rest of the CV crew, and you got the money to finance...? ;-)

Comment

I know the heading of this thread says 'tonight'...., but since we already have this thread about programmes at NRK, I will use it to inform about a coming documentary:

I don't know when, but I would guess in a months time, the norwegian broadcasting corp. channel NRK1 will send a programme/or a tv-series called "Vår Ære og Vår Makt" (directly translated 'Our Honer and Our Power') about norwegian seamen/women, norwegian shipping, ship and sea history and where our shipping nation stands today.

The programme/series will also be broadcasted at www.nrk.no web-tv under 'Dokumentar' when times comes.

I don't know anything else about it right now, other than it will be hosted by our famous national tv-personality Arne Hjeltnes.
            (For norwegians well known from the tv-series "Gutta på tur").

Comment

Was this the program which ran on Christmas Eve?

I saw a program around 10-ish in the background featuring a lot of background story on the "Meteor"....

Comment

Nope..., that programme was a documentary made up of several 8mm movies by the grandson of the former captain of "Meteor".

The programme "Vår ære og vår makt" is a series of 4 programmes, starting January 3rd 2010, at around 20:15 or something.
                Don't know much about it, but I've heared the last episode will be about our modern fleet, where Norway as a shipping nation is today and the team behind the series will be on board some offshore vessels.

The series will be shown on NRK1 and rerun on NRK2, but there will also be a first time programme at NRK2, so you'll need to check in at www.nrk.no to find out more (Dokumentar)

Comment

Here's the schedule (in norwegian) for "Vår ære og vår makt".

Be aware that they alter between NRK1 and NRK2 and that some episodes do not replay.
                  (Hopefully they will upload all episodes to NRK web-tv)

NRK1, søndag 3.1. kl. 20.15 Vår ære og vår makt: Reiarane.

NRK2, onsdag 6.1. kl. 23.30 Vår ære og vår makt: Reiarane. (reprise)

NRK1, søndag 10.1. kl. 20.15 Vår ære og vår makt: I krig og kjærleik.

NRK2, mandag 11.1. kl. 21.30 Vår ære og vår makt: Norsk skipsfart i krig.

NRK2, onsdag 13.1. kl. 23.30 Vår ære og vår makt: I krig og kjærleik. (reprise)

NRK1, søndag 17.1. kl. 20.15 Vår ære og vår makt: Gullalderen.

NRK2, mandag 18.1. kl. 21.25 Vår ære og vår makt: Berre ein kom tilbake.

Comment

Donk Donk Donk! The sound of the boat :P

Comment

Donk Donk Donk! The sound of the boat
                      I have an open mind..., and usually I have a great sence of humour, as I usually understand much of the humour and comments presented to me.

In the context of the thread though, this time I have to say: Ehh..., ok...?
                      (The question mark being placed there because I really want to learn what you ment. Please, don't get pissed at me, Joakim..., honestly, I really do).

Oh..., Oh....., "donk-donk-donk" is really the sound of a boat, but you see, this series from NRK is all about ships, so it can't be that...?

Well, ok..., enlighten me

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                        I have an open mind..., and usually I have a great sence of humour, as I usually understand much of the humour and comments presented to me.

In the context of the thread though, this time I have to say: Ehh..., ok...?
                        (The question mark being placed there because I really want to learn what you ment. Please, don't get pissed at me, Joakim..., honestly, I really do).

Oh..., Oh....., "donk-donk-donk" is really the sound of a boat, but you see, this series from NRK is all about ships, so it can't be that...?

Well, ok..., enlighten me

hehe. Do not be mad at you. I'm just used to the old craft makes a sound like that when they run away. Did nothing with it either. just like the old donk sound from an old Sabb engine but this boat did not have such a kind of donk sound
                        Last edited by Joakim; December 30th, 2009, 04:26.

Comment

Haha...., bought a cd a couple of years ago from a small local museum up north: "Dunk, dunk along the norwegian coast" with over 20 tracks of engine sounds

Comment

nice. where have you bought it from?

Comment

Bought it from Norsk Fiskeværmuseum.
                              (Turn up the volume when clicking into the link)

http://www.datadesign.ws/nfmuseum/cd.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X