Request about Sterkoder Trawler.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request about Sterkoder Trawler.

I´m very interested in fishing vessel, espacially the Sterkoder Sterntrawler Type 9104 known as Nevelsk-Class Tawler are my holy grail. :-)
    Is anyone here who can tell me more about the Trawler some stories, pictures and technical information and maybe technical drawings.

Thank you

Matthias

Well, Matthias....., it's an interesting subject you're asking about.

I guess all members eyes and the spot lights are now turned in my direction, but let me just say it at once (so all of you don't have to waste valuable time waiting) I don't think I can help you here. Sorry!

You know, these trawlers were built long before my interest in the subject, and all I know about the trawlers is what I myself have in the Sterkoder Yardnumber-list, and in general how the contract was given to Sterkoder Ship Yard as described in the Sterkoder 75th Anniversary Book.
    No special stories and no drawings though, but as usual in these kind of cases, I'll bring your quest with me in the back of my head....

Now, the interesting part would be if anyone else out there can help you, and come up with stories or things we don't know.
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Re: Request about Sterkoder Trawler.

Originally posted by antias View Post
      I´m very interested in fishing vessel, espacially the Sterkoder Sterntrawler Type 9104 known as Nevelsk-Class Tawler are my holy grail. :-)
      Is anyone here who can tell me more about the Trawler some stories, pictures and technical information and maybe technical drawings.

Thank you.
      Matthias
      I don't have all of what you are asking, but here is a link with some info on one of these vessels: http://exchange.dnv.com/exchange/mai...vesselid=16331

There were two types of large Factory Trawlers build for Soviet account but to Norwegian design. The Sterkoder built type was the smaller, while a much larger type was built in Vigo, Spain with Norwegian design and equipment.

I believe both types were designed by Skipsteknisk AS in Aalesund. (WOG)

Comment

The series of the 20 russian trawlers were based on the designs of the trawlers "Polarborg II", "Atlantic", "Klondyke" and "Longva III".
        These were designed by Fiskarstrand & Eldøy AS.
        As the Sterkoder book describes, the design of the 20 russian trawlers came through on the background of the Fiskarstrand & Eldøy drawings with ajustments made by Mr. Ingvar Stølan (Sterkoder CEO) and a sales engineer.

Comment

Sterkoder, my Model is also a design of Fiskerstrand. :-D
          There are some ships went down under. Amaltal uses two, Amaltal Atlantis and Amaltal Columbia. Nice pics shown on shipspotting.
          Then San Waitaki and San Enterprise. They are all from the Series of ships build for Russia. Volkswerft Stralsund builds a series of 14 for Sakhalin Leasing Flot. I phoned Volkswerft but they say nothing about the ships.
          One of my favorite pictures is this here

Comment

Oh yeah...., that image of "Victoria I" is fantastic!!
            That vessel is yard no. 133 from Sterkoder delivered in December 1992.
            In the line of the russian trawlers, she was no. 15.

Comment

Some technical data are here. Hope the translation works. Original site is here.
              It´s a wonderful ship.

Matthias

Comment

I was obviously wrong re: the designers of these Factory Trawlers.
                There were three competing ship designers in Aalesund at the time. The two mentioned and Nordvest Consult (Now RRM)

I don't know who have, or more to the point, who are able and willing to divulge GA-plans and other design data of the Sterkoder built vessels.
                My best advise would be to contact the designers, now operating under the name Kverndokk & Eldoy (KEAS)
                Here is a link to their web site: http://www.keas.no/default1.asp
                Last edited by ombugge; May 22nd, 2011, 05:14. Reason: correcting typo

Comment

ombugge, thank you very much. I will send my request also to KEAS. Maybe they like my first work and send me some help.

Matthias

Comment

I think I might have some images from the building of either NEVELSK or NAVARIN in my collection somewhere.

I remember them being built while I stayed in a basement apartment in Dalegata just above the ship yard.
                    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                    Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                    Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                      I think I might have some images from the building of either NEVELSK or NAVARIN in my collection somewhere.

I remember them being built while I stayed in a basement apartment in Dalegata just above the ship yard.
                      Oh, great!!!
                      And any..., ANY...., other picture from Sterkoder Mek. are also very much welcome, if they exist somewhere...!

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                        Oh, great!!!
                        And any..., ANY...., other picture from Sterkoder Mek. are also very much welcome, if they exist somewhere...!
                        Very welcome. ;-)

Matthias

Comment

Only one answer arrived from eight mails. Sefety Team said, no drawings.

Matthias

Comment

Not much luck so far? If the original designer doesn't reply, the builder and original Owners don't exist anymore my best advise is;
                            Try contacting present Owners. Maybe some of them are willing to give you a copy of the original GA-plan.

If you don't already have their name and contact details, try to go to: http://exchange.dnv.com/exchange/main.aspx
                            and enter IMO number and/or present or original name of the vessels.
                            All these trawlers were built to DNV Class so their record will be available there.

Best of luck with this one Mattias.

Comment

Here is a link to a web page that talk about a book called "Norske Fabrikkskip" (Norwegian Factory Trawlers) It is in Norwegian and written in part by a man that knows more about Factory Trawlers built or owned in Norway than anybody else I know; Arne Hammer, Aalesund.

I cannot give out his contact details without his consent, but if you wish to try contacting him you should be able to find him yourself with the info found on the link.

He is always very helpful and I believe he would be able to help find whatever is available in the open domain on these trawlers. (Or at least the forerunner, F/T "Longva III")

Comment

Working...
                              X