Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BNS F 930 Leopold I ex HNLMS F 827 Karel Doorman.

Picture © Jack Mulder

Jack Mulder

Comment

Unknown northbound through Toppsundet

Comment

Not so unknown; Norwegian Coast Guard Vessel W331 - Farm, IMO No. 9353333, Built in Poland 2007.

Comment

HMS SEVERN, an offshore patrol vessel visiting Jersey Boat Show on bank holiday weekend. Launched on december 4th 2002. Along with HMS TYNE and HMS MERSEY she forms the backbone of the Fishery Protection Squadron, the oldest Squadron in the Royal Navy.

on guard, on HMS SEVERN

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Poster on HMS SEVERN

GANGWAY had to be replaced, or we would have been stuck on ship

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

on board the Navy Training vessel at the Jersey Boat Show , bank holiday weekend

the controls

Comment

Hey Kiki what a fantastic treat you had for the holiday (and fantastic weather, though I imagine it always being like that in Jersey!)), but also a treat for us to see your excellent photos. I specially like “on guard”, and the one of the gangway…makes it all the more interesting when something unusual like that happens!

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                  Hey Kiki what a fantastic treat you had for the holiday (and fantastic weather, though I imagine it always being like that in Jersey!)), but also a treat for us to see your excellent photos. I specially like “on guard”, and the one of the gangway…makes it all the more interesting when something unusual like that happens!
                  hi Cecelia, sorry i missed your birthday, we had such a heatwave i was at the beach most days, i put photos of different boats on other threads, still getting to grips with what thread to put them on, took me hours to do it all. I am off on holiday on the 16th may to Alaska so need to make sure my camera is ready for action . How do you get the little faces on when you do a reply ? kiki

Comment

Yes you found all the right threads, and I’ve just been looking at them and am super-impressed with your latest photos. Alaska is going to be great!

Those smiley faces…you need to be in "advanced" rather than "quick reply". Then, when you are typing a reply in the box, you will see some smileys on the right. At the point in your typing that you want one to appear, click on it - you won't see the face immediately but some code-characters will appear -then just carry on typing.

Then when you Preview Post or Submit your post the actual faces magically appear!

The ones at the right are just a selection, if you press More beneath them, others will appear in a separate window which you can use in exactly the same way (the extra window dissapears automatically when you submit your post).

Comment

do you know i never knew what the go advanced was and never thought of trying it, you will now see me with them all over the place

Comment

Norwegian Navy not to far ago: W333 "Njord" (Nornen Class Coast guard Vessel):

KV «Nornen» (W 330)
                        KV «Farm» (W 331)
                        KV «Heimdal» (W 332)
                        KV «Njord» (W 333)
                        KV «Tor» (W 334)

Details in Norwegian can be found here: http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nornen-klassen
                        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

PS: Thank you very much for that report of your kiki!
                          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

'kiki'..., wow...., thank you for that report. It's always interesting to see images of/from navy vessels.

Bengt: Holy.....!!!!! You must have the best lense. What sharpness!!!
                            "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Caught a quick glance of the KNM Skudd patrol boat in Oslo.

Olympus user
                              E-M1, E-M5
                              w/ Lots of new and old (adapted lenses)...

Hurtigruten ships traveled on:
                              MS Richard With, MS Nordnorge, MS Nordkapp, MS Nordlys, MS Finnmarken, MS Midnatsol (Both old and new)

Cruise ships traveled on:
                              MS Sunbird, former RCI Song of America, now MS Louis Olympia (August 2002)
                              MS Adventure of the Seas (October 2010)
                              MS Vision of the Seas (June 2012)
                              MS Enchantment of the Seas (October 2016)

Comment

Originally posted by Asimut
                                CV "Harstad" on her way to the quay earlier this afternoon.

Super pics

Jack Mulder

Comment

Working...
                                X