X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galaxy
    started a topic Cruiseships in Kristiansund

Cruiseships in Kristiansund

Det ser ut som at Kristiansund i 2012 får rekord i antall cruise anløp,pr dags dato ser det ut til at 8 har booka seg inn

It looks like Kristiansund will have a record number of cruise calls in 2012... as per today, there are already 8 ships booked.
    Last edited by Galaxy; October 17th, 2011, 18:33. Reason: Added translation. ....

• pakarang
    replied
    Thanks for sharing these... clearly, she is doing cold-weather cruising with little time to freshen up the ship side.

Marco Polo was here in Trondheim on the 1st of November, and the Magellan will be the last one this year in two days - on the 7th of November.

Leave a comment:

• Galaxy
    commented on 's reply
    Nice pictures

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Last call of the cruise season 2018 in Kristiansund today.
    MS Magellan arrived at 08:30 local time and departed at 16:00.
    ​​​​​​IMGP0191 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP0193 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP0197 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP0194 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP0206 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP0203 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    commented on Guest's reply
    Thank you!
    Yes, the camera will suit me very well, but I soon discovered I need another lense..., maybe a 300mm 2.8 or preferably 1.4 to make full use of the camera.
    But that have to wait for now.

Guest replied
    Great pictures of this old venerable ship.
    Congratulations with the new Pentax FF camera.
    Satisfied so far?

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Marco Polo is one of the absolutely most beautiful ships out there. She looks perfect! Even the choice of hull color is perfect for this vessel. May she have many years of sailing ahead!

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Second to last cruise call to Kristiansund today, when MARCO POLO arrived at 07:30 local time. She will be the first to visit in the 2019 cruise season on 27th March

Marco Polo moored, HMS Enterprise on her way out Sørsundet outlet
    ​​​​​​IMGP0055 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Marco Polo as seen through my new Pentax K-1 II from Thon Hotel Innlandet
    ​​​​​​IMGP0058 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Og først nå ser jeg at vi sitter her på CVF og skriver norsk (hahaha). Takk skal du ha, for øvrig :-)

Leave a comment:

• Galaxy
    commented on 's reply
    Kjekt at det kjem store skip til Kristiansund og Bare hyggelig det,cruise skip er en velldig fin hobby det og kjekt å hjelpe andre

• Sterkoder
    replied
    You know, I (we) have waited for many, many years to see large cruise ships in Kristiansund.
    To see and photograph other than medium sized ships, I had to take days off work and drive to either Ålesund or Åndalsnes, or both.
    Over all, I belive it is you guys up in Honningsvåg who are lucky, both for the numbers of cruise calls and the ship sizes.
    This is the first season I haven't been in Ålesund, nor Åndalsnes, and it feels like something is missing.
    Anyway, you all have a great fall and enjoy life :-)

Leave a comment:

• PoloUK
    replied
    You lot are lucky to get the Cunard Queens and P&O boats like Arcadia. They don't seem to get up to Honningsvåg like they used to.

At least the beautiful Oriana is due in this year, but only once, and when we're not there!

http://nordkapphavn.no/informasjon/a...lopsliste-2019

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Oi, det var interessant.
    Jeg har jo måtte kjøre utenbys for å se Costas største, og C' Pacifica har jeg stiftet bekjentskap med i Ålesund og på Åndalsnes.
    Ja, de vet vel at de kan ta inn store skip her også nå da, når det gikk så greit med Queen Victoria i mai.
    Snakket med en los og han sa at de hadde kjørt ganske heftige simulatorforsøk på å ta inn Queen Mary 2 til Kristiansund, og det gikk jo veldig greit det.
    Det var meningen at Cunard skulle stille med QM2, men så fikk vi QV i stedet, uten at det hadde noe å si for meg. Hyggelig at Cunard finner Kristiansund interessant.
    Så hadde vi jo det tiltenkte Cunard-skipet Arcadia inne nå i sommer, så joda, Kristiansund har tatt steget opp fra å være en havn for cruiseskip av middels størrelse til også å kunne ta de store.
    Takker så mye for info, det settes fortsatt STOR pris på det skjønner du :-)

Leave a comment:

• Galaxy
    replied
    Det kan sjå ut til at Kristiansund får besøk av eit rekord skip i 2019,Costa Pacifica er booket inn

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
    I agree strongly on what you say about the exterior look of the ship.
    We often see crew with both hoses, brushes and white paint here in Kristiansund, but not today.
    I had the same thought as you about her hull, and I thought; this 90 days cruise must be the mother of all cruises, and the fares sky high, so why don't the crew pay more attention to how the ship look, specially in port, as they KNOW they will be photographed and posted all over. Anyway...
    Yeah... the great thing with Crystal Cruises was that they didn't only WANT to be the best in the world, they really WORKED hard on making sure that happened. The crew of Crystal was so dedicated, so professional and so wonderful... Needless to say, I've never worked with this particular line, but it does surprise me that they doesn't even have a paint raft on the water to do something with the rust marks. Naturally, there could be a simple reason to this as well: the port authority not allowing such work to be performed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X