No announcement yet.

Cruiseships in Kristiansund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silver Cloud is in Geiranger today, not in Kristiansund together with Silver Whisper. S' Cloud will call Kr-sund 12.7. :-)
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Hmmm im very sorry for that,Sterkoder.... Then it must have been changed agein,without any notice Well,well sometimes its not goes as planed

Comment

• Sterkoder
        Sterkoder commented
        Editing a comment
        Not a problem at all, my friend :-)

But of course, the guys at work has all the fun on my account now that I have had my nose in the sky (figure of speach) and corrected the list of calls both with the harbour authorities and Kristiansund city. No sweat, I can stand that laugh :-D

I note that 2016 start to tick in. Thanks Galaxy!! :-)

Now, from the newspaper in Kristiansund this morning, we got to know the reason why SILVER WHISPER did not get the welcoming three shots from our salute cannons:

Frightened old american passengers, who had complained to the crew and cruise agent about the saluting in Kristiansund. They think we are shooting at them (!!!!)

The welcoming salute by three shots at arrival and goodbye shot of one or two at departure is a 150 years old tradition in Kristiansund, answered by either shots (in the earlier days) or hornblowing.

The complaining US pax draw the terrorism card when asked about WHY they are so affraid of friendly salutes (My own thoughts: CRAZY! )

City cannoneer Geir Gjengstø at the Bauta, via local newspaper Tidens Krav

Comment

That is so sad and depressing, reading about the cannon complaints. And goodness, having previously received complaints, surely the ship could on future visits have announced on board what was going to happen, giving interesting information about the history and tradition.

These pax better hadn’t visit Edinburgh. They’d sure be scared if they were around Princes Street or the castle at one o’clock! :
        http://www.scotland.org/features/cel...ne-oclock-gun/

Comment

• PoloUK
          PoloUK commented
          Editing a comment
          A friend of mine - from Edinburgh - was stopped in Princes Street by a tourist and asked what time the one o'clock gun was fired. Honestly!

• Seagull
          Seagull commented
          Editing a comment
          That reminds me of an entertaining book about cruising entitled “What Times’s the Midnight Buffet?”

• Sterkoder
          Sterkoder commented
          Editing a comment
          I mean...., seriously..... And where does the white go when the snow melt???
          Well, US pax also strongly belive we have polar bears in our streets so.... (What was that about education and schools in the US again?? Do they even CARE about the world outside of their borders??? (Sorry E, Martin and other US friends).
          I'm working on the content of an e-mail to the cruise company where I want to explain what the 150-years old tradition of the salute cannons in Kristiansund means, and a reminder to use their PA on board next time. Perhaps try to wake up tired US pax with an announcement...., preparing old pax with weak hearts of what to expect whan sailing into Kristiansund.
          Right now I'm only disappointed that we caved in and had two silent welcoming cannons at the Bauta :-(

Thanks for the update, 'Galaxy'.
        We just had a video on the local tv-station TKTV about the work behind getting cruisevessels to Kristiansund and what to do in the future to increase this number.
        When the person in charge for the cruise segment at the harbour authorities mentioned AIDA as a newcomer...., I already knew ;-)
        Well, that was just a little humourous comment, but again; I'm forever thankful for your contribution here :-)

The great thing is that we've booked VIKING STAR, and I guess we're talking about the ship which is under construction at Fincantieri in Italy?

If so, we will be visited by a ship only one year old in 2016, as her mayden voyage will be in May 2015, among other cities including Bergen :-)

Comment

• Galaxy
          Galaxy commented
          Editing a comment
          Youre welcome,im happy to see that u get some new first time visitors in 2016 As we talking about first time visitors it can maybe be Viking Sky who visit Kristiansund in 2016 not Viking Star,but i will come back to that as soon i know

• Sterkoder
          Sterkoder commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! I've found www.cruisetimetables.com, which say Viking Star, but as you know..., I consider you the 'fasit' ;-)

• Galaxy
          Galaxy commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Sterkoder,but as u already found out....sometimes i have wrong because of changes i didnt know about

No Saga Sapphire photos Svein? Just wondered 'cos you'd mentioned the 'Opera Cruise' earlier in the year, and I see that she's back in Dover today.
        Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Pictures will come, but only a handful (2-3) from two different spots.

The reason can be seen on Facebook, where I've posted many pictures from a company teambuilding week-end last week.
          That ment I had to leave SAGA SAPPHIRE behind, with only a short time to take a few shots on my way to the teambuilding last Friday after work.
          Hope that explains it all :-) ;-)

Comment

• PoloUK
            PoloUK commented
            Editing a comment
            Work does get in the way sometimes doesn't it!! A massive Lotto win would seem to be the answer.

I guess you're right. But I'm happy to have enough money to live the life I live. Money is NOT equal to happyness ;-)

Anyway, here are three images of the SAGA SAPPHIRE in Kristiansund 5. September 2014, doing the very first Opera cruise here ever.
          The 500 passengers were very satisfied and many want to come back on their own to be here during the Opera festival in Febuary 2015.

Comment

Oh Svein, this is what thrills me so much in these cruise ship threads - Saga Sapphire coming to your city after being here in Leith to see me! The delight of seeing her with a sundbåt in your first photo, and surrounded by the mountains and the buildings in the magnificent third one. Gentle subtle light in that one, bringing variation to the dark hull, and blending so well with those funnel shades which I was discussing with pakarang here.

I'm sure some of those happy passengers will return to Kristiansund.

Comment

Seems like you have a regular ferry crossing to K'sund. Did you ever try to book a cabin for just this part of the cruise. Maybe they do it, if there are some cabins left...
              Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Thanks Svein. Our friends on board seemed to have a very good time, and they enjoyed watching themselves in the video report in Tidens Krav.

Also a nice report in the Captains blog: http://travel.saga.co.uk/ocean-cruis...hire-blog.aspx
                Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

'Galaxy': I know you know, but let it be said; I'm forever thankful (re. newest additions to the list) ;-)

EDIT: I take it Costa NeoRomantica 15.09.2015 is out of the list then.

Comment

Youre always welcome,Sterkoder..... i Hope to see more calls to Kristiansund.

Comment

• Sterkoder
                      Sterkoder commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Our Harbour Master is over at Cruise Shipping Miami with the new Cruise Kristiansund movie and booklets/pictures in his suitcase..., so there might be a good hope. After viewing the new video, several has shown their interest.
                      CRYSTAL SYMPHONY is a new and nice addition, but personally, I would rather see 300 meters + ships visiting. Not only because it bring more money to the harbour, but also is a spectacular sight in this circus ring-like harbour we got here :-)

• Galaxy
                      Galaxy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thats great,lets hope he do a good job and more cruise lines open their eyes for Kristiansund,and the video is NICE Maybe in the future there will come some huge ships around 300 m for a visit in your port

This years last call at KSU..... they saw the Northern Lights at Tromskø....!

http://www.tk.no/havn/article7703342.ece
                    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Had to let BOUDICCA pass yesterday, as I was not able to leave job during her stay.
                      I see on page 1 here a very positive development in cruise calls, and 2016 is already growing.

Yesterday evening I talked to a pilot (as in LOS), who told me something very interesting as far as cruise calls to Kristiansund goes.
                      He told me not to tell yet, so I'm sorry to say that I can not tell you what it is.
                      He will update me with an sms message, and hopefully I can make a note here in due time.

Comment

• Galaxy
                        Galaxy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Sad you was not able to take some pics of the last cruise call in Kristiansund this year,but i look forward to next year and more photos from your port Thoose news is great im sure about that,and i understand that u cant tell..... Look forward to hear more about this wounderfull news soon

• Sterkoder
                        Sterkoder commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I could always take the company car to drive down to the harbour during lunchbreak..., but you know, Friday mean hot lunch, and this time it was spaghetti carbonara ( ;-) ).
                        The fact that you know alot about cruise calls, perhaps you already know what "secret" I'm thinking about?

• Galaxy
                        Galaxy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hehe eat spagetti when u drive is not the best ting to do I cant say that i know,but i think i can guess who it is
                    Working...
                    X