Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sterkoder
    replied
    As you point out, Ralf...., and a thing I didn't notice until you mention it here; MARCO POLO did not have a single light lit. Maybe that was what made the hole scenery so "moody"..., or maybe spooky? Look at my pictures in another way now. Thanks, Ralf, for pointing out

'Galaxy': This thread has become a real important one for me, much thanks to your updates on page 1. How about you edit the title and delete the '2012' in it? Would make it more up to date.
    I also see the cruise organizers in Kristiansund managed to squeeze in a small boat at the 1st May of this year, as the expedition vessel SEA ENDURANCE will visit

Leave a comment:

• Ralf__
    commented on 's reply
    Strange views, as you would expect all the lights being on in this darkness. So it is a kind of unreal scenery. But this makes it very special. Again her elegant lines are very impressive. A beauty. Thank you for posting.

• Sterkoder
    replied
    I couldn't get off work to take pictures of MARCO POLO in heavy snow showers when arriving Kristiansund today, as this seasons first cruise call to this port.
    After work, I drove over to Innlandet to get the ship with a weather system passing in the background out in the Norwegian Sea.
    I kept my pictures a bit too dark, as I wanted to get the same mood in my pictures as I saw with my eyes. A special light as the sun set in the west (behind my back) lighting up clouds and showers in the east-north east (in the background of MARCO POLO). Enjoy

And from the south side of the Sørsundet bridge, here's the "Pakarang View" for you

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you also to you, my friend Ralf.
    What bothers me now is that the newspaper got its info from "Cruise Kristiansund" and their CEO. It's rather strange that this organization didn't know about the summer booking of the "two-name ship" when they made their list.
    Anyway, it might have turned out easier to deal with a "dumb" journalist to say both vessels are withdrawn due to bankruptcy than to get into an explanation about summer- and winter bookings, two names on the one and same ship and so on... ;-)

• Sterkoder
    commented on 's reply
    This is new news to me, so thanks very much my friend :-)
    I knew about the cancelling of Minerva and Deuschland (on her first listed visit), but not the reason for Minerva.
    I really appreciate all kind of new like this.
    It looks like Deutschland will visit on 15th May then.

• Ralf__
    replied
    According to the Phoenix Reisen schedule for MS Deutschland she is at 8th of May arriving Bremerhaven finishing a fully booked cruise from Hamburg - Portsmouth - Lissabon - Agadir - Las Palmas - Funchal - Leixoes(Porto) - St. Malo(Bretagne) - Bremerhaven

At 15th of May she will reach Kristiansund with an up to now nearly fully booked cruise from Bremerhaven - Kristiansund - Eres- und Romsdalsfjord - Geirangerfjord - Alesund - Bergen - Bremerhaven

Your local newspaper must have very old information. Phoenix chartered MS Deutschland (winter name World Odyssey) for 5 summer seasons. I booked my parents-in-law on a baltic sea cruise during June. Especially German cruise fans have now the opportunity to do a cruise on the very famous TV luxury "Traumschiff" for an affordable price. Ir seems to me that this was a very successful idea. No latest news about any financial difficulties. The actually offer 22 cruises on MS Deutschland on their website.

She will be at 28.05. in Trondheim (will Pakarang be fortunately in town?),
    29.05. in Alesund, 19.06. in Tromsoe, 27.06. Alesund again, and a few stops in 2018 are also already scheduled.

Leave a comment:

• Azimut
    replied
    On 27 July 2015 the new owners (Absolute Nevada LLC., Las Vegas, Mr. Donald Hoffman since 05.2015)
    of ship announced that the ship would alternate between two roles. For part of the year the ship would travel as "World Odyssey" transporting "Semester at Sea" students; and for the other part of the year it would be chartered to the German cruise company Phoenix Reisen, sailing under its traditional "Deutschland" name. For this period the ship would carry two names, one for winter, other for summer.

According cruise list to Tromsø harbor will "Deutschland" arrive Tromsø 25.05.17 and 19/06/17 (So we'll see whether this is correct or incorrect)

I also see that the "Minerva" is no longer listed on the cruise list for Tromsø in 2017.
    The ship should have arrived to Tromsø 30.03.17, but is now gone from the list.
    She is laid up for the moment in Marseille (France) after the bankruptcy.

"World Odyssey" is now traveling from Ho Chi Minh (Vietnam) to Yangon (Myanmar) arrives 20.02.17

This was new to me when I had no idea that they changed their name between summer / winter season.

But according to the web site to Phoenix Reisen, "Deutschland" is scheduled for Kristiansund on this tour in May
    "Deutschland"
    Fjord norwegen

DEU013 | 7 Tage | 13.05.2017 - 20.05.2017
    Bremerhaven - Kristiansund - Eres- und Romsdalsfjord - Geirangerfjord - Alesund - Bergen - Bremerhaven

This is probably old news for you, but I post it anyway

Last edited by Azimut; February 15th, 2017, 22:08.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    In today's newspaper in Kristiansund, they say MONARCH is cancelled from the list at 7th July 2017.
    They also say two other ships are cancelled, due to their owners bankruptcy. I see two ships cancelled; MINERVA 8th March and DEUTSCHLAND 8th May.
    If the owners of DEUTSCHLAND is bankrupt, does that mean her call at the 15th May also will be cancelled??

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Thank you for your ever so great updates! They are, as I've expressed before, highly appreciated. I'm so thankful. Have a nice day, Sir

Leave a comment:

• Galaxy
    replied
    After todays update it looks like 2018 will be the season over all seasons in Kristiansund.....so far 28 is on the list

Leave a comment:

• Galaxy
    commented on 's reply
    Youre always welcome Sterkoder Kristiansund is a very nice town everyone should visit.

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Thanks again for the continuous update of cruise calls to my home port. Much appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Marco Polo is fast becoming one of the oldest cruise ships still in service - and she is such a beauty as well.

Thank you for sharing these photos - i think it's been a long while since we saw the Marco Polo in Trondheim last time.

Leave a comment:

• Galaxy
    commented on 's reply
    A very beautiful ship who i hope get many,many more years on the oceans Fantastic pictures from a great town.

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Marco Polo was this seasons last cruise ship to visit Kristiansund (23. August). She will be the first to open the 2017 season, when she sail into the harbour 23. February

Leave a comment:

Working...
X