Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sterkoder
    replied
    I'll try to take as many pictures from as many angles I can of the two Vikings, but can't promise anything.
    This is due to the fact that I'm at work from 0800 to 1600. On top of that, the Tahitifestivalen 2017 open up on the 28th and I have a ticket for Jack Vreeswijk and Bo Kaspers Orkester.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Balmoral is such a beauty of a ship, and the new grey hull color really suits her a lot.

WAOW! Two Viking-ships coming in to port on the 28th? That sounds like a rgeat reason to go to KSU for a visit, but it being a nightwatch week, I guess it's not in the cards for me this time. And, as if it didn't hurt me enough - Viking Ocean Cruises has still not made the trip to Trondheim (yet).

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks again for the fact that you take time to update this info of visiting cruise ships! :-) 2018 seem to be quite a year with two double calls and Queen Victoria in one of them. I guess 29. May 2018 will be a day off work ;-)

• Sterkoder
    replied
    This is the remainding calls for June from cruise ships to Kristiansund:

27.06 : Silver Whisper
    28.06 : Viking Sea
    28.06 : Viking Star
    29.06 : Gann

But today, we had the pleasure of having Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines M/S Balmoral here. And what a beauty she's become! I really like the blue/grey hull far more than the all white.
    Due to work I had no way to be around at her arrival, but after a couple of hours I drove in the company car to Nordlandet and Innlandet to photograph this ship in her (to me) new colors.
    I must say I was rather pleased with the old Pentax today, if I might say so myself.

Oooops...! Seems like I had my camera on "cloudy" white balance on the next five pictures

Last edited by Sterkoder; June 23rd, 2017, 08:05.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Title has been changed as per wishes!

Wonderful images of the Marco Polo, Mr. Sterkoder!

It's no secret at all that ocean liners and classical passenger ships like this are on borrowed time - as we know, the Vistafjord (OASIA) is currently on her final voyage to Alang. We will never know whether this will be the last visit or not of this fine veteran. I'm so glad you got to document it so well as you did.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    commented on 's reply
    Oh, I thought also the initial poster could change the heading/title. But anyway, thanks. Look forward to the season myself :-)

• Galaxy
    replied
    Great pictures Sterkoder..... look forward to see more from this season The change of the name of this topic is sendt to Admin. so i guess we see a change soon

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    I'm sitting here with a little smile on my face, my friend Cecilia, because usually your comments are a bit longer and consist of comments in general and usefull phototechnical comments.
    But this time, and the reason for me smiling, I think of an old saying: "When Cecilia is lost for words and write short comments, your pictures are perfect"

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    I have just been sitting here for over half an hour gazing at these special images, immersed in the mood. Your pictures say so much, Svein; all I want to say is thank you.

Leave a comment:

• nari
    commented on 's reply
    Very nice dreamy photos. I don't like the big ships but Marco Polo has elegant lines and just looks nice.

• Tommi
    commented on 's reply
    Nice evening light!

• Sterkoder
    replied
    As you point out, Ralf...., and a thing I didn't notice until you mention it here; MARCO POLO did not have a single light lit. Maybe that was what made the hole scenery so "moody"..., or maybe spooky? Look at my pictures in another way now. Thanks, Ralf, for pointing out

'Galaxy': This thread has become a real important one for me, much thanks to your updates on page 1. How about you edit the title and delete the '2012' in it? Would make it more up to date.
    I also see the cruise organizers in Kristiansund managed to squeeze in a small boat at the 1st May of this year, as the expedition vessel SEA ENDURANCE will visit

Leave a comment:

• Ralf__
    commented on 's reply
    Strange views, as you would expect all the lights being on in this darkness. So it is a kind of unreal scenery. But this makes it very special. Again her elegant lines are very impressive. A beauty. Thank you for posting.

• Sterkoder
    replied
    I couldn't get off work to take pictures of MARCO POLO in heavy snow showers when arriving Kristiansund today, as this seasons first cruise call to this port.
    After work, I drove over to Innlandet to get the ship with a weather system passing in the background out in the Norwegian Sea.
    I kept my pictures a bit too dark, as I wanted to get the same mood in my pictures as I saw with my eyes. A special light as the sun set in the west (behind my back) lighting up clouds and showers in the east-north east (in the background of MARCO POLO). Enjoy

And from the south side of the Sørsundet bridge, here's the "Pakarang View" for you

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you also to you, my friend Ralf.
    What bothers me now is that the newspaper got its info from "Cruise Kristiansund" and their CEO. It's rather strange that this organization didn't know about the summer booking of the "two-name ship" when they made their list.
    Anyway, it might have turned out easier to deal with a "dumb" journalist to say both vessels are withdrawn due to bankruptcy than to get into an explanation about summer- and winter bookings, two names on the one and same ship and so on... ;-)
Working...
X