Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galaxy
    replied
    Because of the weather MV Magellan have changed itinerary. The vessel is today in Ålesund and tomorrow in Olden. This means that Krisitiansund on saturday is cancelled.

*UPDATE* After the visit in Olden saturday Magellan sailing north to Kristansund
    Last edited by Galaxy; October 13th, 2017, 20:59.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Originally posted by pakarang View Post

Same here.... why didn't I do it before it became completely necessary?

Most as in all of the images on my various Photobucket account have and will disappear within the next 30-60 days - Once my paid time is up, I'll delete all the accounts and pray to higher powers that Photobucket goes belly-up soon.
    Well, I don't know how Photobucket works, but don't they accept to keep my photos as long as I pay the annual $ 25,- pr. year? If so, I belive I will have them resting there, because I can always go into an album and "Save image as.." to my own pc, and then upload it to Flickr or Facebook from my local hard-disk.

Anyway, I have 13 albums on Photobucket, with over 1000 picture in each..., so....

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
    All of my images from day one on CVF are posted via photobucket, and so there's not enough time in the universe for me to start looking up the lost pictures and repost.
    I've switched to Flickr, and yes I know some of you out there told me (us PB-people) to do it long time ago, and now I admit: why the h*** didn't I do it when you told me to. A lesson I could've done without.
    Same here.... why didn't I do it before it became completely necessary?

Most as in all of the images on my various Photobucket account have and will disappear within the next 30-60 days - Once my paid time is up, I'll delete all the accounts and pray to higher powers that Photobucket goes belly-up soon.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Thank you, both.
    First of all, nari: Me too love this harbour. Not because I'm born in Kristiansund, but also because I can take pictures from 360 degrees around without going into a boat or trespassing on any private ground.
    Second, janihudi: Yes, my photobucket pictures are lost for all but myself. The thing is, I have no intention whatsoever to pay those photobucket people $ 500,- pr. year to open them. No way!
    All of my images from day one on CVF are posted via photobucket, and so there's not enough time in the universe for me to start looking up the lost pictures and repost.
    I've switched to Flickr, and yes I know some of you out there told me (us PB-people) to do it long time ago, and now I admit: why the h*** didn't I do it when you told me to. A lesson I could've done without.

Leave a comment:

• nari
    replied
    I also agree that not only does Kristiansund have a practical and attractive harbour; it has a feel about it that is hard to describe, as though it seems a very friendly sort of town. I spent a couple of hours on the wharf just idly talking with some of the locals, who came up and asked about how I was liking the Lofoten and their town. Both very positive responses from me!

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    On discovery channel there was a programm about the " viking sea" , or the other ine.
    Which moored in Kristanssund.
    Didn't see you on the cardeck or somewere else.
    Not be able to get there Svein, or are the images in progress of placing here.
    A lot of your images here ( 1or2 pages back) are lost .
    Says photobucket.☹

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    commented on 's reply
    Oh, it's ok. Thanks for your comment :-) It's getting more and more difficult by the season to take good pictures of a cruise ship, as they all move into the very same spot.
    The only thing being different in two pictures are the ship itself, and I beg to higher powers that you guys don't get fed up with cruise pictures from Kristiansund.
    Rest ashore, I have it in my mind, in the back of my head to try go find new spots..., but I've walked them all...

• Galaxy
    replied
    Sorrry,for that im a little slow to update,i will try to be better

Yes,Queen Victoria will visit Kristiansund one day earlier,so just relax you dont lose her

btw,nice pictures you have taken this season

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Words from the Kristiansund port authorities: Queen Victoria will call Ålesund, as Sunnmørsposten say, 29th May. BUT, she will call Kristiansund on the 28th. (Now I can breathe again).

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Thanks for the upgrade, Galaxy

I have a question though (as I've also asked the port authorities just now):
    As I just start to think a little bit about the next season and planning of photography of cruise ships, I have looked forward to May 29th 2018 (and still do), when it is said that Cunard will call Kristiansund with the Queen Victoria.
    As many of you know, I also try to squeese in one or two visits to Ålesund during the summer, depending on which ship is announced there on suitable dates.
    Now, I opened the link in the local newspaper in Ålesund, Sunnmørsposten, today and their list of cruise calls for 2018...., and to my surprise, Queen Victoria will also be in Ålesund on May 29th.
    Does Kristiansund loose again?

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    commented on 's reply
    I notice we pass, or actually reach, 30 calls in 2018. If we count in The World at anchor on the north side of island Smøla. 20 different ships (if The World is still counted)
    That is a quite nice number if we add up the list you provide (which I'm so thankful for), but when I read the article in your link and what the project manager for Visit Northwest (Synnøve Henden) say, we will "only" have 20 calls in 2018.
    There has been some "no show" on the 2017 list of calls already, so I'm a little bit curious about the difference of 10 calls.
    I guess your list is provisionally and Visit Northwest and Kristiansund Port Authority's list are "locked"?
    That said, I really hope Kristiansund will grow as a cruise port, specially for the larger sized ships. And to make that happen, we HAVE to get more "theme cruises" to this city by connecting it to calls at each end of the season (winter), connecting cruises to the Opera city of Kristiansund, to the Nordic Light International Festival of Photography, Atlantic road, Grip and such. Make tourists WANT to go to Kristiansund for a REASON, not only for being a passenger on a ship that happen to have this port as one stop among them all, if you all see what I mean.
    Last edited by Sterkoder; August 21st, 2017, 22:31.

• Galaxy
    replied
    https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/c...e-cruises.html

Kristiansund is a great city,so i hope to see cruise calls grown in the future.....

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    commented on 's reply
    No, Clipper, not received your message. You can use my e-mail if you don't want to go public on the name: ludvigsensvein@gmail.com

• pakarang
    replied
    You are NOT wrong when stating that Kristiansund MIGHT be one of the nicest ports in Norway! I totally agree - and I don't even live there!

Leave a comment:

• Clipper
    commented on 's reply
    Big S, I have sent you a private message - at least I think so - I hit the "Post" button and it appeared to go but I can't see it in my out box!

Let me know if it doesn't arrive and I will re-send.

Clipper
Working...
X