Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sterkoder
    replied
    New day, new cruise ship in Kristiansund. Today we were visited by Phoenix Reisen GmbH and M/S Amadea.

Arrival via Markussundet inlet at 13:45 local time
    SSL21959 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

181 meters long, 24 meters wide, built by Mitsubishi in Nagasaki, Japan and put into service 24. December 1991
    SSL21963 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

I like this harbour alot, but then again..., I was born here and I live here still today :-)
    SSL21964 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

The ship crew prepare the gangway
    SSL21970 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

The sundbåt is always present, this time it's sundbåt ANGVIK
    SSL21977 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Since the first time I took a picture of a cruise ship in Kristiansund, I've liked this spot alot
    SSL21978 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

I like to put something in the foreground, so that it makes some kind of depth in the picture
    SSL21983 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Sunday 9. July 2017 saw NAUTICA visiting Kristiansund.

Nautica and the sundbåt ferry Framnæs, filled with happy cruise passengers sightseeing Kristiansund
    MS Nautica by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Nautica as seen from a place at Innlandet not normally accessible for everyone
    MS Nautica alongsode Storkaia quay by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

From that same spot. The sun suddenly shined on that tree to the right, and I liked the light and green sunlit colour
    MS Nautica by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Nautica, built in France and delivered in year 2000. She's181 meters long, 25 meters wide.
    MS Nautica 2 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

As seen from Thon Hotel car park at Innlandet
    MS Nautica and a small friend by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Framnæs sundbåt and the old city at Innlandet as seen under the bow and moorings of Nautica
    MS Nautica bow moorings by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    I see VIKING SEA is in Bergen today, and the VIKING STAR is still in Tromsø - according to marinetraffic.com/ais

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Galaxy, if you see this before Wednesday: What is the status of 28. June 2017, as the list say both Viking Sea and Viking Star will visit Kristiansund together??

Can't find any info on the Viking Cruises web-page, and the calls are not listed in the Port Authorities cruise info.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    I'll try to take as many pictures from as many angles I can of the two Vikings, but can't promise anything.
    This is due to the fact that I'm at work from 0800 to 1600. On top of that, the Tahitifestivalen 2017 open up on the 28th and I have a ticket for Jack Vreeswijk and Bo Kaspers Orkester.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Balmoral is such a beauty of a ship, and the new grey hull color really suits her a lot.

WAOW! Two Viking-ships coming in to port on the 28th? That sounds like a rgeat reason to go to KSU for a visit, but it being a nightwatch week, I guess it's not in the cards for me this time. And, as if it didn't hurt me enough - Viking Ocean Cruises has still not made the trip to Trondheim (yet).

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks again for the fact that you take time to update this info of visiting cruise ships! :-) 2018 seem to be quite a year with two double calls and Queen Victoria in one of them. I guess 29. May 2018 will be a day off work ;-)

• Sterkoder
    replied
    This is the remainding calls for June from cruise ships to Kristiansund:

27.06 : Silver Whisper
    28.06 : Viking Sea
    28.06 : Viking Star
    29.06 : Gann

But today, we had the pleasure of having Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines M/S Balmoral here. And what a beauty she's become! I really like the blue/grey hull far more than the all white.
    Due to work I had no way to be around at her arrival, but after a couple of hours I drove in the company car to Nordlandet and Innlandet to photograph this ship in her (to me) new colors.
    I must say I was rather pleased with the old Pentax today, if I might say so myself.

Oooops...! Seems like I had my camera on "cloudy" white balance on the next five pictures

Last edited by Sterkoder; June 23rd, 2017, 08:05.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Title has been changed as per wishes!

Wonderful images of the Marco Polo, Mr. Sterkoder!

It's no secret at all that ocean liners and classical passenger ships like this are on borrowed time - as we know, the Vistafjord (OASIA) is currently on her final voyage to Alang. We will never know whether this will be the last visit or not of this fine veteran. I'm so glad you got to document it so well as you did.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    commented on 's reply
    Oh, I thought also the initial poster could change the heading/title. But anyway, thanks. Look forward to the season myself :-)

• Galaxy
    replied
    Great pictures Sterkoder..... look forward to see more from this season The change of the name of this topic is sendt to Admin. so i guess we see a change soon

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    I'm sitting here with a little smile on my face, my friend Cecilia, because usually your comments are a bit longer and consist of comments in general and usefull phototechnical comments.
    But this time, and the reason for me smiling, I think of an old saying: "When Cecilia is lost for words and write short comments, your pictures are perfect"

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    I have just been sitting here for over half an hour gazing at these special images, immersed in the mood. Your pictures say so much, Svein; all I want to say is thank you.

Leave a comment:

• nari
    commented on 's reply
    Very nice dreamy photos. I don't like the big ships but Marco Polo has elegant lines and just looks nice.

• Tommi
    commented on 's reply
    Nice evening light!
Working...
X