Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sterkoder
    replied
    I promised you pictures of ARCADIA from my Pentax. Here they are, together with some in the 'This is Kristiansund'-thread

She arriver 30 minutes early, but left 30 minutes before schedule. So then I guess all are happy
    ​​​​​​SSL26832 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Like a wall
    ​​​​​​SSL26835 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

From Thon Hotel. Had to use my 10-17 mm lense to get all her 290 meters inside the frame
    SSL26836 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

-"Ooooo...., did you see that girl?"
    SSL26857 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

ARCADIA with Thon Hotel Innlandet in the background
    SSL26855 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Properly moored
    SSL26856 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

An officer (and a gentleman) looks down from the bridge
    SSL26888 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    To be able to post this early, the visit of P&O Cruises ARCADIA, I have to post images from my iPhone 6S. (Sorry, for the poor quality).
    (Oh, my Pentax K-5 II is full of ARCADIA-pictures from three different locations, but I want my MAC to do some editing work and to do that, I have to finish work fist ).

Anyway, she arrived 7:30 AM local time, to the usual three welcome salutes from the cannons up at the Bauta, and she will leave for Trondheim at around 8:00 PM tonight.
    (I really like the "new" P&O livery).

Arrival via Markussundet inlet
    arcadia1 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Had to use my 10-17 mm lense to get her full length if I wanted to get her picture from over at Thon Hotel Innlandet
    arcadia2 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Finally moored at Storkaia, and the city is ready for 2.300 pax and some (don't know how many) of the nearly 1.000 crew off duty
    arcadia3 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    I like your images of the Breamar, Sterkoder!

She looks so nice with the blue hull - so stylish and close to perfect colour for the ship. She is a very long cruiseship, yet her profile is so low. Just 8 or 9 decks above the waterline, kind of unusual for a ship at this length. But then again, she was lengthened many years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    BRAEMAR visited Kristiansund today, 25th June 2018.
    The ship came in rom Leknes at 07:30 local time and left at 15:00 for Southampton.

​​​​​​SSL26202 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​SSL26204 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​SSL26205 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​SSL26206 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you, and thanks for the update. Always appreciated :-)

I see differences though, as you have BALMORAL tomorrow 21. June and they (Port Authorities) does not.
    28. October 2019 you got MARCO POLO and they don't, but 11. February 2020, they got BLACK WATCH, but that is not on your list.

Anyway, it's great to have page 1 of this thread, thanks again, and have a nice day :-)

• Galaxy
    replied
    Great pictures,Sterkoder. I miss see Ocean Majesty here in Olden...she is a beauty..... btw list is updated

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Oh, So Marella Discovery also came to Kristiansund too?

She suddenly popped up in Trondheim as well, to my great surprise. I thought she came to Trondheim because of the low-pressure which was moving in from the south.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Today saw MARELLA DISCOVERY calling Kristiansund for the first time. She arrived at 8 AM and left around 3 PM, and with me being at work, I only found time for three pictures this time

​​​​​​SSL26164 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

The mandatory picture together with a sundbåt. This time it was ANGVIK doing the route, seen here leaving Nordlandet for Gomalandet
    ​​​​​​SSL26163 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

The ship moored over at Kirkelandet, with Innlandet and Thon Hotel Kristiansund to the left
    ​​​​​​SSL26166 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you.

About the Ocean Majesty and her lines; I'm very happy she sail without the horrible duck-tail, and if they only had put a more classic looking funnel on top, she would be a 6 on the dize ;-)

Have to get well, because tomorrow after work, we drive to Trondheim to look at a flat or appartement for my daughter, who will start her two year study at Norsk Fotofagskole to be a professional photographer. This is the first flat we look at, but if you know of a place..., please let me know.
    Her only criteria is a fair distance to school and her own bathroom. The one for tomorrow is in Sandgata 11c, with Noba Eiendom AS (or Noba AS) as land lords. You know of them?

• pakarang
    replied
    A beautiful ship with a style and grace you will never get to see constructed ever again. Sad, but true.

Loved the images of Ocean Majesty, especially the second image. She is such a gem in a world of generic and gigantic, modern ships.

Oh, and GET WELL SOON!

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Thank you so much for your comments. Always nice that others like your work, after spending hours in the field and in front of the MAC trying to make some story :-)
    Anyway, today we were visited by OCEAN MAJESTY...., and I got the flu. Had to go home and into bed, but first I had to take a few pictures of the old cruise ship with nice lines.

OCEAN MAJESTY moored at the hurtigrute dock, seen from Nordlandet
    ​​​​​​SSL25788 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

The only way to get a decent picture was from the quay at the Klippfish museum across Vågen inlet
    ​​​​​​SSL25797 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Details from the bridge area and forward starboard spring
    ​​​​​​SSL25790 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

The mandatory...., or rather, MY mandatory funnel picture
    SSL25794 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

And, friends of veteran ships, isn't it nice to see a classic stern without the terrible duck-tail construction? I think so. Thon Hotel Kristiansund can be seen on the other side of the harbour
    SSL25795 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Wonderful captures from so many different places around town.

I think I may know why you like to include parts of your city in your images of the ship: the city part represents perhaps something you know well, both in size and design, and the ship represents what you do not well. Together they might give you an impression of the ship's massive size.

I was really planning to go to KSU that day, but despite all efforts, there was no way I could have made it. No matter what, I'm glad you had a ball of a time that day doing what you like and what you are good at.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    A great collection of images from the long-anticipated day, Sterkoder, and that view from the Sørsundet bridge is a delight to see. Such opportunities too with a vessel of this size to find exciting viewpoints which combine town and ship - love the funnel over the rooftops #233/2 with colourful red and yellow buildings, and the peep from behind the library makes me smile

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    Even better than.
    Keep it like this

• Sterkoder
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you.
    The thing is, I'm the boss at this base here in Kristiansund now, so I only have to synchronize with my customer ;-)
    We were two at this office, but my colleague got a new job, so now I'm in charge...., to a certain extent.
    My boss is in Stavanger ;-)
Working...
X