replied
    Re: Cruise anløp, Kristiansund 2012

Thanks,Sterkoder

I do my best to keep u update and always get the right info

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

From page 1 of this thread, I see some differences according to the link from CruiseTimeTables.com.
    I always get my info from our member 'Galaxy', and they have always been correct after a season is wrapped up.
    Think I'll go for 'Galaxy's info this time too...

Leave a comment:

• Gaelsail
    replied

Another website is listing these arrivals in 2013 / 2014 but they don't seem to have the same listings as Cruise Norway.

Leave a comment:

• Gaelsail
    replied

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
    (I also checked the other dates you mentioned and confirmed Thu 21 Feb and Sat 9 Mar.)
    Yes, the 21 Feb visit is on my itinerary. Thread

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied

Probably just a mistake in the re-designed website. Silly not to include the ship names…but at least your harbour have forthcoming cruise calls on their web site which is more than I have around here!

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

Thank you!
    It was more the change in size and weight I wondered about with the call of 24. March...

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied

I looked up the Fred Olsen website and here is the cruise on Boudicca:

Clicking on “itinerary” at the bottom of the page shows she reaches Kristiansund on Sunday 24th March.

(I also checked the other dates you mentioned and confirmed Thu 21 Feb and Sat 9 Mar.)

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

Kristiansund harbour administration has changed their page showing what cruise vessels will arrive in 2013.
    All that is ok, but the main info...., the name of the ships...., are absent.
    Stupid, or what...?

Another thing I discover is, according to info from page one of this thread, BOUDICCA from Fred. Olsen Lines will visit 21.02.,09.03 and 24.03.

But if you look into the dates in this link:
    http://www.cruise-norway.no/Arrivals...3&end=31.12.13

What happened to the ship on the 24.03.? Did it shrink by 1 meter and 54 centimeters or what??
    She's also 38 kilos lighter in Gross Tonnage.

Since they don't display names in the list, is it BOUDICCA which arrives or is it another one from Fred. Olsen...?

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

Thanks for giving us that story...!
    Now I recall the story, because I can remember you've told it before, or at least written about it on your CV pages.

It's crazy to think about it...., as it's really not so very long ago..., that I had no interest in cruise ships, no interest in photography and did not care what happened in my city.

Holy, am I glad I have changed!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
    I'm sure Jan-Olav can give us the story, as he was on board one of them.
    Yupp.... that is correct, I was an Officer Apprentice on board the Royal Viking Sun that time, and we had spent a day in port of Kristiansund that day. It was "Cruise Dagan" (Cruise Days) in Kristiansund and the Crystal Harmony was on the way southwards on their North Cape cruise. Captain of the RV Sun was Harsheim and Captain of C. Harmony was Maalen (a Tustna-native), they are amongst the VERY FINEST CRUISE CAPTAIN's you can ever imagine, and best of friends... to honor the city and the thousands of people in town that day, think it might have been a Saturday... Crystal Harmony made an un-scheduled call at KSU, arriving at the exact same time as we vacated the berth... cruise ship horn battle, a close bow-kiss between the ships, and thousands of locals cheering at the dock side....

What an AMAZING experience.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

Juhuu!!!!

Yes, it was back in the "old" days when the captains more or less was free to go where they wanted..., not the destination, but along the route, so to say (after talking to the ship owner company)..., in 1992 I think it was.

I'm sure Jan-Olav can give us the story, as he was on board one of them.
    (Please don't ask me for names right now, I'm completely lost...., at work..., stressed to go home).

Thanks for the ever so valuable update, Galaxy..., at least to me!

Leave a comment:

• Galaxy
    replied

It looks like it goes the right way for Kristiansund as a cruiseport,2 more is added one in 2013 and one in 2014....... Have it been 2 cruise ships at the same time in Kristiansund before?

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

Change noted! Thanks!!
    I'm on a short holiday, on and off internet due to very bad conditions, but via my iPhone here I just want to say I'm glad GANN went out of the list.
    That is from a photography standpoint only, of course.

Leave a comment:

• Galaxy
    replied

Im sorry Sterkoder,i was wrong about the cruise call 08.06.2014.....Its Silver Explorer not Gann like i write,but i have change it on the list now.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

Thank you so much!!!!

Many familiar names, an ex. hurtigrute and two new ones (to this city).

ARTANIA (ex. Royal Princess and Artemis) and THOMSON CELEBRATION are new also to me, so....

Seems like the hard work of getting cruise calls to this city is paying off then, because it surely must be more ships visiting in 2014, I guess.
    They never had so "many" names on the table so early before.

Thanks again, 'Galaxy'!!

(I often visit page 1 of this thread, and so I did yesterday before posting my question, but the five missing names were not there then.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X