No announcement yet.

Cruiseships in Kristiansund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great pictures,Sterkoder. I miss see Ocean Majesty here in Olden...she is a beauty..... btw list is updated

Comment

• Sterkoder
      Sterkoder commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, and thanks for the update. Always appreciated :-)

I see differences though, as you have BALMORAL tomorrow 21. June and they (Port Authorities) does not.
      28. October 2019 you got MARCO POLO and they don't, but 11. February 2020, they got BLACK WATCH, but that is not on your list.

Anyway, it's great to have page 1 of this thread, thanks again, and have a nice day :-)

BRAEMAR visited Kristiansund today, 25th June 2018.
    The ship came in rom Leknes at 07:30 local time and left at 15:00 for Southampton.

​​​​​​SSL26202 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​SSL26204 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​SSL26205 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​SSL26206 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

I like your images of the Breamar, Sterkoder!

She looks so nice with the blue hull - so stylish and close to perfect colour for the ship. She is a very long cruiseship, yet her profile is so low. Just 8 or 9 decks above the waterline, kind of unusual for a ship at this length. But then again, she was lengthened many years ago.
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

To be able to post this early, the visit of P&O Cruises ARCADIA, I have to post images from my iPhone 6S. (Sorry, for the poor quality).
        (Oh, my Pentax K-5 II is full of ARCADIA-pictures from three different locations, but I want my MAC to do some editing work and to do that, I have to finish work fist ).

Anyway, she arrived 7:30 AM local time, to the usual three welcome salutes from the cannons up at the Bauta, and she will leave for Trondheim at around 8:00 PM tonight.
        (I really like the "new" P&O livery).

Arrival via Markussundet inlet
        arcadia1 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Had to use my 10-17 mm lense to get her full length if I wanted to get her picture from over at Thon Hotel Innlandet
        arcadia2 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Finally moored at Storkaia, and the city is ready for 2.300 pax and some (don't know how many) of the nearly 1.000 crew off duty
        arcadia3 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

I promised you pictures of ARCADIA from my Pentax. Here they are, together with some in the 'This is Kristiansund'-thread

She arriver 30 minutes early, but left 30 minutes before schedule. So then I guess all are happy
          ​​​​​​SSL26832 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Like a wall
          ​​​​​​SSL26835 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

From Thon Hotel. Had to use my 10-17 mm lense to get all her 290 meters inside the frame
          SSL26836 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

-"Ooooo...., did you see that girl?"
          SSL26857 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

ARCADIA with Thon Hotel Innlandet in the background
          SSL26855 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Properly moored
          SSL26856 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

An officer (and a gentleman) looks down from the bridge
          SSL26888 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

As seen from a car park building
            SSL26887 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

A couple from the ship view the ARCADIA from the car park building. I was about to climb into my car, but could not resist the motif
            ​​​​​​SSL26892 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

Really nice collection of images of a beautiful ship that has many "traits" from former ship - though she is clearly Cunard-copy.

If memory serves me right, wasn't she actually INTENDED to be a Cunard-ship at time of ordering?

Love the "did you see that girl" image - cleverly noticed!

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Thank you, captain for nice words. And for noticing the #245/4 picture

Holland America Line ordered the ship from the start. When the keel was stretched, and some more, Cunard took over the ship as they planned that this would be their Queen Victoria.
                When the typical signature of Cunard was in place (the special cowling around the funnel basement and the main mast), the ship was taken over by P&O Cruises.
                P&O removed the "Cunard cowling" around the funnel, but kept the mast design.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                  Thank you, captain for nice words. And for noticing the #245/4 picture

Holland America Line ordered the ship from the start. When the keel was stretched, and some more, Cunard took over the ship as they planned that this would be their Queen Victoria.
                  When the typical signature of Cunard was in place (the special cowling around the funnel basement and the main mast), the ship was taken over by P&O Cruises.
                  P&O removed the "Cunard cowling" around the funnel, but kept the mast design.
                  Excellent - I knew there was a connection, an interesting background. My thoughts goes back to the years when every ship was a one-off and special, not these pre-fabricated and twin-like ships we have today. Do you remember the Winston Churchill, the Mermoz, Canberra, the exotic Greek ships as well as several more - those were the days.

Comment

• Sterkoder
                    Sterkoder commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh yes, I remember the old beauties.
                    In the late 1970s we had play cards with aircraft and cruise ships. Don't remember how we played, but the cards had a picture on one side with vital info about the ship on the back side.
                    They were all there, the old ships.
                Working...
                X