Cruiseships in Kristiansund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, both.
    First of all, nari: Me too love this harbour. Not because I'm born in Kristiansund, but also because I can take pictures from 360 degrees around without going into a boat or trespassing on any private ground.
    Second, janihudi: Yes, my photobucket pictures are lost for all but myself. The thing is, I have no intention whatsoever to pay those photobucket people $ 500,- pr. year to open them. No way!
    All of my images from day one on CVF are posted via photobucket, and so there's not enough time in the universe for me to start looking up the lost pictures and repost.
    I've switched to Flickr, and yes I know some of you out there told me (us PB-people) to do it long time ago, and now I admit: why the h*** didn't I do it when you told me to. A lesson I could've done without.
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
      All of my images from day one on CVF are posted via photobucket, and so there's not enough time in the universe for me to start looking up the lost pictures and repost.
      I've switched to Flickr, and yes I know some of you out there told me (us PB-people) to do it long time ago, and now I admit: why the h*** didn't I do it when you told me to. A lesson I could've done without.
      Same here.... why didn't I do it before it became completely necessary?

Most as in all of the images on my various Photobucket account have and will disappear within the next 30-60 days - Once my paid time is up, I'll delete all the accounts and pray to higher powers that Photobucket goes belly-up soon.
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post

Same here.... why didn't I do it before it became completely necessary?

Most as in all of the images on my various Photobucket account have and will disappear within the next 30-60 days - Once my paid time is up, I'll delete all the accounts and pray to higher powers that Photobucket goes belly-up soon.
        Well, I don't know how Photobucket works, but don't they accept to keep my photos as long as I pay the annual $ 25,- pr. year? If so, I belive I will have them resting there, because I can always go into an album and "Save image as.." to my own pc, and then upload it to Flickr or Facebook from my local hard-disk.

Anyway, I have 13 albums on Photobucket, with over 1000 picture in each..., so....

Comment

Because of the weather MV Magellan have changed itinerary. The vessel is today in Ålesund and tomorrow in Olden. This means that Krisitiansund on saturday is cancelled.

*UPDATE* After the visit in Olden saturday Magellan sailing north to Kristansund
          Last edited by Galaxy; October 13th, 2017, 20:59.

Comment

• Sterkoder
            Sterkoder commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the update. I wrote a longer comment on page 1 of this thread ;-)

Then its updated agein

Comment

Thank you!
            I have thought about it; will I ever see the new explorer hurtigrute ships in Kristiansund. You gave me a positive answer. Great! :-)

Comment

Has there been a slight change in the arrival day of Queen Victoria, or is it me that messed up the dates?

I previously noted that Queen Victoria will be there on May 29th, but from the website of the port, I see she will arrive on the 28th of May.

Doesn't really matter which day, because I'm on leave that time and will most likely make my way to Kristiansund that day. It's however important to go travelling the CORRECT day.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

According to Cunard, May 28 in K'sund: http://www.cunard.co.uk/cruise-searc...nd-excursions/

Haugesund is an unusual choice for a big boat like this one. Not a bad place to visit though.
                Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

How is it possible to make such a difficult to navigate web site..., Cunard? Huh...???

Anyway. I have Queen Victoria in at 08:00 on the 28th May and departing at 18:00 local.

there are many things happening at work just now...., I might be alone from 1st May. Really hope for a quiet day on the 28th though.

Comment

Thanks for helping me out - my calendar is booked for May 28th!

Hope weather is going to be great that day - no rain, please!

Comment

Sterkoder,i see that Kristiansund havn now doing a great job with have their cruise lists until 2021 online ( thats REALLY great,wish others did that too ),so the question is,do u like i keep update this list or?

Comment

Yes, I noticed that.
                        Don't know how much work it is for you, but I've always considered your list and updates a bit more complete and not to forget early with the latest info.
                        (I've always considered you more updated than the port authorities here).
                        But as the Kristiansund Port Authorities cruise lists looks ok, and goes three years forward, I guess you don't need to update here no more.
                        I also notice they say that their Facebook account will be updated with changes in the cruise traffic every time it's needed, as the changes happen, so I guess we (I) will have some sort of a "real time" cruise list on the port authorities Facebook-account, to put it that way.
                        As I've said and pointed out several times, I'm forever thankful for what you do and have done. Thank you so much!!!

Comment

First time ever that AIDA Cruises visit Kristiansund, and they did it with their 203 meters long AIDAvita today, 23rd April 2018.
                          Here are 19 of my 54 pictures from the arrival at 0700 and departure at 1600 hours

​​​​​​SSL25077 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​SSL25081 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

This quay was until a few days ago an ISPS-restricted area with a high ugly green fence. The port authorities tore down the fence, opened up the quay and put benches and tables there for us to enjoy.
                          ​​​​​​SSL25080 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

AIDAvita built by Aker MTW in Germany and delivered in 2002. She cost $350 millions to build.
                          ​​​​​​SSL25079 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Sundbåten is always in the middle of what's happening on the harbour
                          SSL25088 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

SSL25085 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

SSL25090 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

SSL25092 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

You can get really close to cruise ships moored in Kristiansund
                            SSL25096 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Every cruise ship funnel stand out in the city
                            ​​​​​​SSL25100 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

The newbuilt city square near the City Hall
                            SSL25102 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

SSL25106 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

As seen from the quayside at Nordlandet island, AIDAvita with the Pier and City Hall to the right
                            SSL25108 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

And at 1600 hours, when the rain showers were at their most powerful, a familiar view appeared
                            ​​​​​​SSL25113 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

SSL25116 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

A great looking harbor, I think. And in my opinion, good weather conditions for photography
                            SSL25119 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

AIDAvita will visit three more times this season, next time at June 1st.
                              ​​​​​​SSL25123 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Departing via Markussundet outlet
                              ​​​​​​SSL25124 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

We say good bye, safe sailing to Rosendal and welcome back
                              ​​​​​​SSL25129 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X