No announcement yet.

Cruise ships in Norway 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have a perfect location when it fits with the passage of ships and when you have the opportunity.
    Great pictures of the ship passing by your ship.
    Best wishes from Bengt Domben

Comment

"Albatros" visited Tromsø for a few hour's today.Not the best weather today,only between 8-10 degrees and little rain.
      She left Tromsø at 19:00 and set course south to Stokmarknes.

Albatros outbound from Tromsø by DS Lyngen, on Flickr

Albatros_ by DS Lyngen, on Flickr

A lovely bow section from the early 70's

Foredeck of Albatros_ by DS Lyngen, on Flickr
      Best wishes from Bengt Domben

Comment

Ocean Majesty heading northbound on Wednesday, a few hours north of Trondheim. More like the Med than the Norwegian coast.

Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by DS Lyngen View Post
          You have a perfect location when it fits with the passage of ships and when you have the opportunity.
          Great pictures of the ship passing by your ship.
          I was lucky that time. For the most part, I have been on the "wrong" side of the fjord when they came by, no matter if they were ahead of schedule, on time or even when they were late.
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by DS Lyngen View Post
            "Albatros" visited Tromsø for a few hour's today.Not the best weather today,only between 8-10 degrees and little rain.
            She left Tromsø at 19:00 and set course south to Stokmarknes.

What a beautiful vessel. I have a great friend from the Philippines on board, we sailed together 25 years ago and still keep in touch. Unfortunately, Trondheim is not on the menu this year.

From my friends FB, I also saw images when they sailed INTO and turned around in the Trollfjord! That was amazing!

Thank you so very much for sharing these brilliant images. I'm in love with this ship!

Originally posted by PoloUK View Post
            Ocean Majesty heading northbound on Wednesday, a few hours north of Trondheim. More like the Med than the Norwegian coast.

I have a hate-love relationship with the Ocean Majesty. In the past, like 30 years ago, this would be classified as a .... "less attractive" ship, but today, I'm actually quite fond of this cute, small vessel.

It would probably be a wonderful experience to be a Captain of such a wonderful cruiser.

Thank you for sharing, at least I'm one that appreciates these.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

My last look at PRINSENDAM before she heads to Phoenix See Reisen and becomes a new white swan with a name that I never seem to manage to remember....

Her new name is something with A and E, and it was a short name.

Prinsendam outbound from Trondheim today on June 21st 2019:

2019_06_21 EOS5D -Prinsendam-IMG_9460 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2019_06_21 EOS5D -Prinsendam-IMG_9468 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post

I have a hate-love relationship with the Ocean Majesty. In the past, like 30 years ago, this would be classified as a .... "less attractive" ship, but today, I'm actually quite fond of this cute, small vessel.

It would probably be a wonderful experience to be a Captain of such a wonderful cruiser.

Thank you for sharing, at least I'm one that appreciates these.
                You will all get a lot more pictures to see of her, since we're booked in for a cruise through the Greek islands in October, including the passage through the Corinthian Canal. Start and endpoint of that Cruise is Venice. I agree, Jan-Olav, i have some similar feelings, but it is hard to find a cruise on a traditional small vessel for a reliable price. And so there is Ocean Majesty.

The new name of Prinsendam will be "AMERA". https://www.phoenixreisen.com/amera.html

Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Have another Prinsendam view! Honningsvåg, yesterday, 23rd June.

Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

And for a rather less tasteful paint job I offer you Aidabella this evening.

Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the replies and comments.

AMERA.... will certainly try to remember it next time. Certainly not easy to remember that name.

Thanks for sharing the image of Prinsendam in particular. I just love this ship, I have so many stunningly amazing experiences on this ship, from all 5 continents of the world, and to some of the most exotic ports you can ever imagine!

Your images are so great to see POLO... crisp clear and the light is so beautiful. The backdrop mountains is also enhancing your images as well. Naturally.

Comment

Some more images of the cruise-jam on June 17th 2019: Mein Schiff 5, Serenissima and Norwegian Spirit... pick your favourite ship!

2019_06_17 EOS5D-Trondheim Havn- IMG_9311 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2019_06_17 EOS5D-Trondheim Havn- IMG_9313 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2019_06_17 EOS5D-Trondheim Havn- IMG_9319 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2019_06_17 EOS5D-Trondheim Havn- IMG_9324 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2019_06_17 EOS5D-Trondheim Havn- IMG_9331 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2019_06_17 EOS5D-Trondheim Havn- IMG_9336 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Comment

Some more from that very same day, with the very same ship comparing in sizes:

2019_06_17 EOS5D-Trondheim Havn- IMG_9346 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2019_06_17 EOS5D-Trondheim Havn- IMG_9349 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2019_06_17 EOS5D-Trondheim Havn- IMG_9362 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2019_06_17 EOS5D-Trondheim Havn- IMG_9378 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2019_06_17 EOS5D-Trondheim Havn- IMG_9386 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2019_06_17 G7XM2-Trondheim Havn- IMG_6229 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Comment

Norwegian Spirit inaugural call at Trondheim, Norway:

2019_06_17 G7XM2-Trondheim Havn- IMG_6237 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2019_06_17 G7XM2-Trondheim Havn- IMG_6240 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2019_06_17 G7XM2-Trondheim Havn- IMG_6242 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Comment

Thanks J-O.

Just something a little different - one of the main reasons I find staying in our little corner of Finnmark so restful is that I can watch the 'circus' associated with each cruise arrival. Last night Aidabella visited (photo above), but so much goes into each arrival..

Firstly the Los (pilot) boat shoots out into Magerøysund, returning shortly afterwards without one of her staff.

After a little while something big and graffiti-ed appears beyond the molo (harbour wall) and the rope handling boat Fjordfuglen starts to putter around the harbour, safe behind the ISPS fencing.

The slightly battered cars of the summer harbour crew roll up and loads of layers of waterproof, floaty type stuff gets donned.

A few hardy locals join me on the harbour front, some tucked up in their cars, others sitting on anything that is just a little out of the wind.

Along the pier they go (past the very late-running Finnmarken)

The best fun bit is watching them levitate/hover down from the pier to Fjordfuglen. Basically a leap of faith, one slip leads to an early bath.

Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

NICE.

As you probably have seen in the past, I always love images that show also the people "behind" making something successful. Perhaps that is the care for the underdog in all of us?

Comment

• Tommi
                                  Tommi commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Second to that!
                              Working...
                              X