Cruise ships in Norway 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruise ships in Norway 2019

"Saga Sapphire" from Tromsø this afternoon with destination Alta.

Saga Sapphire by DS Lyngen, on Flickr
    Best wishes from Bengt Domben

I know I must have said this dozens of times before Bengt, but time and time again I am so very impressed by how you seem to find a connection between the ship and the surroundings. It can often be through colours, and sometimes it can be shapes complimenting each other in some way. Here again I see both - the predominently golden-yellow of the lights on ship and on shore, and also the shapes of decks and window on board and the lines of background buildings. It is almost as if there is a ship ashore, its stern a continuation of the diagonal of the ship's stern, starting just above the funnel, and a suggestion of a foredeck and bow. Magic!

Comment

The Cruise ship call list for Aalesund 2019 has been issued: http://www.alesund.havn.no/no/Havna/...CruiseExpected

Comment

Thanks Cecilia, for your thoughts and comments about the image that I greatly appreciate.

Comment

Call list for cruise ships for Tromsø harbor 2019: https://www.tromso.havn.no/trafikk/trafikkoversikt/

Comment

Lot's of AIDA's coming this year as well, this is the cruise-list for Port of Trondheim:

https://trondheimhavn.no/cruiseanlop.aspx

Sadly, the Viking Sky sailed straight passed Trondheim (again) on her way north a week back. Viking Ocean Cruises has still not been to Trondheim.... which I find strange.

No QM2 this year to Trondheim, but lots of Serenissima.
            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

AIDAaura departing from Tromsø this evening.Next port of call is Sortland.

AIDAaura by DS Lyngen, on Flickr

Comment

Nice night time image of the AIDAaura at Tromsø.

She looks so different at night.

Looking at the image, it's almost like an evening image from a tropical Caribbean island like Saint Thomas. But then, I see the snow, and it hasn't been snowing in Caribbean for a while.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

First cruise ship visiting in Aalesund 2019 was Boudicca which arrived out of schedule. (Maybe because of too strong wind to proceed around Stad?):

(From smp.no)
                  Last edited by ombugge; March 29th, 2019, 17:01.

Comment

I like Ålesund and cruise ships best during summer, but I like your pictures, Ombugge.

DS Lyngen, I really like your night panning pictures, not sure how you manage to keep them so sharp, but it works. Great shots.

My first ship of the season is AURORA of P&O Cruises, as I drove to Åndalsnes today for one reason; to watch, listen to, smell and take pictures of NoHAB Di.3 locomotive #642. (Pictures in another thread).
                    ​​​​​​IMGP0971 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP0976 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP0986 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr
                    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Ahhhhh... holy cruise season. May the Lord bless us with great ships and something new and big this year.

Thank you all for adding your ships so far... this will be my favorite thread this year!

In Trondheim, we have only had the AIDA aura twice, so far... both days working days for me. Insert sad smilie.

Comment

• Sterkoder
                        Sterkoder commented
                        Editing a comment
                        We can blow a long one after large ships in Kristiansund.
                        The cruise agents, in short the port authorities, has found out that the passenger willing to spend more money in port are on board smaller to middle sized ships, so that is the future for us :-(

"Aurora" departing from Tromsø 30 minutes before midnight yesterday.
                      Next port of call is Alta.

Aurora last night by DS Lyngen, on Flickr

Comment

"Saga Sapphire" arrives at Breivika harbor, Tromsø this morning.
                        At the time of writing, she is on her way to Alta.

Saga Sapphire inbound to Tromsø by DS Lyngen, on Flickr

Comment

Saga Sapphire used to be such a "boring" ship that I thought nothing of in the past, but after watching a documentary with Joanna Lumley sailing on the ship, I fell in love and think very highly of the ship.

She is a beautiful classic!

When it comes to Aurora, she always "smokes" a lot. Even here in Trondheim a while back, she emitted an incredible amount of smoke. I see she still does.

Comment

"Marco Polo" inbound to Breivika harbor,Tromsø at mid-day today.

Marco Polo by DS Lyngen, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                            X