Ships in Aalesund 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ships in Aalesund 2019

The new year starts a bit slow, but here is the new Coastal Authority vessel OV Ryvingen out trying her equipment close to home base.
    She won the Motor Ship Award for innovative and environmental friendly design: https://www.kystverket.no/Nyheter/20...ts-nye-fartoy/
    (No lack of space and comfort for the crew)

Last edited by ombugge; January 22nd, 2019, 14:34.

This should be a really interesting thread as the year goes by
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Nice!

Quite up here in Trondheim too, but I guess the year will bring some more ships as soon as spring arrives...

I attended a thinking workshop in Oslo last week, and one of the attendants was working in Kystverket. Not sure if he was on this vessel or not.
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

The same ships alongside at Stornespiren for quite some time now. Nearest is the Seismic Support Vessel Rig Adbromeda with the Seismic Survey Vessel Geo Barents (Same company)
        On the opposite side of the finger pier, Russian trawler Arctica:

The very large Russian trawler up a bit closer:

Too cold and slippery to go any closer.

Comment

Also in Aalesund today; M/F Glutra on stand by for some days now
          The seiner/trawler Straumberg doesn't appear to know whether to tie up with Port or Stbd. side alongside. here is a compromise:

PS> Maybe they pay less wharfage fee that way??

Comment

Oh, look, there i Glutra taking a short rest.

Now, if we could only get a fresh update on K. Not that she has changed a lot since she left us a month ago.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Not much ships to show yet. Not because there aren't ships in Aalesund but it is too cold, wet or slippery (take your pick) to wander around town looking for ships to photograph.
            Here is the few I have so far. Starting with the "Bethelship" Elieser 6:

The coastal tanker Hatlebakk Bergen at Skansekaia (for whatever reason):

Some ships have been sitting in layup at Stornespiren since last year:

Comment

The rest is ships and boats seen in Borgundfjorden from the comfort of our veranda, starting with my old friend Buddy heading off for another assignment somewhere:

Coastal seiner Albacore heading to Holsfita with a load of herring:

Unknown coaster of some sort (live fish or feed carrier??):

Famous local seiner Gunnar Langva heading towards Vedde:

Comment

Picture # 8/5 is fish carrier "Hedda"
                Best wishes from Bengt Domben

Comment

Surprise to see the Betelship still operating and "alive"... she's been a round for a while, a long while.

Comment

It's been a while since my last update here, but here is a few from the last month or so.
                  Fjord 1 ferry Hjorundfjord heading in to Aalesund 07.March:

A bit chopped off, but they look much the same at both ends.

The brand new Seiner/Trawler Smaragd heading in to deliver her catch of herring 10.March:

Coastal Authority tug Boa Heimdal on standby in Aalesund 09.April:

The new excursion boat Geirangerfjord II visiting Aalesund 09. April:

The Coastal Authority buoy tender Ona taking an Easter break. Seen at their base in Aalesund 14.April:

Fish farm service vessel AQS Njord arriving for a very short visit in Aalesund 19.April:

She was built as Sealink Vanessa 3 in Miri, Sarawak in 2004.

Live fish carrier Ro Fjord in Hessafjorden, heading to Fiskerstrand Shipyard, 19.April:

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                    It's been a while since my last update here, but here is a few from the last month or so.
                    Fjord 1 ferry Hjorundfjord heading in to Aalesund 07.March:

A bit chopped off, but they look much the same at both ends.
                    Nice. I'm not 100% sure right now, right on the mark, but I believe the HJØRUNDFJORD (and STORFJORD) was christened at the same time and day in Poland back in 2009. I remember walking on board her, she was far from completed. Pretty sure it was this one.

Comment

Lots of large yacht visiting the coast these days. Here is one that have been around a while: https://www.smp.no/nyheter/2019/06/0...o-19162848.ece

Comment

Chemical tanker Otello heading inward to Spjelkavik this morning:

Comment

The Bruvik is kept busy these days, taking tourist for a quick look around on Hjorundfjord, the least exploited fjord in Sunnmore:

Seen alongside at Stornespiren today:

The graffiti in the background is spoiling the view.

Comment

Working...
                          X