No announcement yet.

Ships & Boats in Aalesund 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A regular showed up to bid farewell to the Aurora. (Missed the show)
    She came alongside at Sjogata to drop of a flock of visiting wifes (my guess):

Backing off to return to base:

PS> The decibel level during the disembarkation was on par with that outside Lucky Plaza in Singapore on Sundays. (Maid's day off)

Comment

hahahahahaha.... not only in Lucky Plaza of Singapore, also nearly all streets of Hong Kong too - on maid's day off. So loud!

The crew are really in character too - in bright orange raincoats!
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

A small boat out testing:

Enough testing, time to go home:

Comment

The Haugefisk is catching Norwegian Crawfish in the same spot in Borgundfjorden:

Different weather.

Comment

Live fish carrier Oystrand at Sjogata:

Seiner/trawler Tronderbas heading back to the fishing grounds:

Nice wooden pleasure boat (snekke) in traditional style:

PS> I don't think it is very old though.

Comment

Ahhhh! Trønderbas! I remember when it came into service many years ago, it was by local media up in Rørvik called the "Rolls Royce of the ocean" (havens Rolls Royce).

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

A couple of weeks ago this heavy lift vessel came to Aalesund to discharge 4 new storage tanks to Bunkeroil in Kleivane:

A few days later the first reports of a small oil spill started to come in. It is likely from a wreck situated near where this ship had dropped her anchors while Mediterranean moored to the new wharf just completed at Bunkeroil.
                The wreck is the SS Iris, which was bombed and sunk by allied planes in March, 1945:

Apparently the anchor chains crossing the wreck has caused a small fracture in a tank containing luboil, cause very small amounts to leak out:
                "The surveillance plane shows a couple of drops that reach the surface per minute," said the deputy head of the Coastal Emergency Response Department, Ove Njøten.
                As an aside to this story;
                A piece of shrapnel from this action hit the house where I was living at the time. It penetrated the roof and landed close to the crib I was sound asleep in. (Or so I have been told)

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                  As an aside to this story;
                  A piece of shrapnel from this action hit the house where I was living at the time. It penetrated the roof and landed close to the crib I was sound asleep in. (Or so I have been told)
                  Could have been quite nasty!
                  Reminds me of when the London Blitz was at its height and perhaps we had delayed after the siren had gone at night. We would scurry up to the underground shelter in the brewery paddock a short distance away with shrapnel pinging all round us from the dogfights overhead. Children used to collect pieces, even I picked up one or two of the most horrendously jagged specimens but the thought of "what if...." soon rather put me off.
                  Sorry, OT!

Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                  Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Some more boats that has been seen in Aalesund lately.
                    This a-typical Australian yacht was first observed on the AIS coming out the fjord:

The next day I saw her at the guest marine in Brosundet:

A better look at her without any disturbing background:

Comment

This German sail yacht seen only on webcam:

Comment

Quite a few boats in town for the just completed annual Boat Festival:

Some from far out of town:

They don't lack much in the electronics department:

Comment

I like the name of this one:

NRSS bring these two around to festivals all over Norway:

Eco friendly propulsion is a must to get sympathy these days:

There are some working boats around, even during the holiday season:

And as always, fishing vessels coming and going:

But a lot is aiming at the tourist market. Here is Fjord Molde returning from one of her daily trips to Hjorundfjorden:

Comment

Interesting war-time story, ombugge, thanks for sharing!

The ADA HARDY is as close to perfection as it is possible to come! She is so beautiful, and such a delight for the eyes!

Tat big sailboat - Großherzogin Elisabeth - has also made it to Trondheim, but I have not been able to have a look at her myself yet...

https://trondheimhavn.no/nyhet/celeb...avna-1402.aspx

Comment

Seismic Support Vessel Sanko Sky at Skutvikpiren:

Livefish Carrier Ro Fjord arriving:

And alongside at Stornespiren:

Container feeder Concordia leaving on her weekly roundtrip:

Don't know what this fishing vessel is set up for at the moment, longline, traps or gillnets? (Maybe crabbing??)
                              Skjongholm out on seatrial after docking:

Well dressed "fishermen" returning to town:

PSV Havila Fortune heading for Fiskerstrand shipyard:

Comment

Fish feed carrier Nyksund at Sjogata:

Side gate open for easy access:

Pallet lifts:

Comment

Working...
                                X