Ships & Boats in Aalesund 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ships & Boats in Aalesund 2018

A new thread for pictures of all ships and boats seen in Aalesund this year. (Cruse ships exempted

Today, 06. Jan. was a fairly busy day, with three brand new Trawlers and a large Offshore Construction Vessel in town:

Good old Gunnar Langva was also still in town.

With a large tug thrown in. Here is Pakarang view of Boa Odin:

And a stern view for good measure:

The Alicia 2 has been sitting idle since she broke lay-up in Sept.

Still no word on whether or when she will be heading to the US to prepare for her film career though

But the star of the show today was the brand new and very large Trawler Nordtind, still fully dressed after her naming ceremony yesterday:

Across the finger pier was another new German trawler Berlin:

Comment

The Berlin has a sister, the Cuxhaven, moored at Sjogata.
      Seen here between the bow of Gunnar Langva and the stern of Nordtind:

A closer look:

And a near Pakarang view:

And a better look at the Gunnar Langva:

Comment

The Edda Freya is one of the largest Construction Support Vessels in the Norwegian fleet. She has spent a couple of weeks in Aalesund for some reason:

Nice touch this rounded bridge wing:

She has a 150 mt. Huisman Vertical Lay Tower for cables and coiled pipes:

More to come in this thread as the weather and icy conditions improve.

Comment

I find the hull-paint scheme of the Nordtind a little bit out of the ordinary - seen from a distance, it's almost working like dazzle-paint.... Interesting choice of pattern.
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• ombugge
            ombugge commented
            Editing a comment
            In that first picture you can see the development in vessel design and paint schemes. Just look at Nordtind and Gunnar Langva in the same shot.
            Of course these two vessels are designed and built for different fisheries, but there are also an age gap between them.

• pakarang
            pakarang commented
            Editing a comment
            Good point... when you mention it, and I'm looking for it, I can see that there is a clear evolution in design.

The bows are becoming "straight" and there is clearly thought towards design and exterior look now.

• ombugge
            ombugge commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't know about the look bit. In my opinion the Gunnar Langva win in the look category by a good margin.
            But obviously the Nordtind is ahead on up to date design and efficiency, being a multi-task vessel for both fish and shrimp fishing with triple trawl system, able to process and deliver fresh and frozen fish.
            Gunnar Langva is a combined Seiner/Trawler for pelagic fish chilled in RSW tanks only.

An interesting "Cruise boat" visiting Ålesund for the first time, "Vision of the Fjords":
          https://www.braa.no/fast-ferries/vision-of-the-fjords
          She is due to make a trip to Geiranger later in the week with participants in a conference there.

The old and the new in the same frame:

The Parat III used to run the route Ålesund + Langevåg for many years :

Built 1936 it was "Langevågsbåten" until sometime in early 1970s and "Gripabåten" for some years after that:
          https://brunsvika.net/nyhetsarkiv-al...ripabaten-1975

Here is her replacement on the Langevåg route, HSC "Nørvøy":

Comment

Such a great difference in design between Part III and Vision of the fjords!

I wonder what people would have thought if the newest of those two, came sailing by at the time of the launch of Parat III...

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Nice old unknown sailboat seen in Aalesund yesterday:

Comment

A fish farm service boat seen in Aalesund today:

Based on the L/B-factor this boat is not built for speed, or fuel efficiency.
                Last edited by ombugge; March 14th, 2018, 18:55.

Comment

I just read an article somewhere about the KB Namdal.... and now I see that she is a lot smaller than I thought!

Comment

Container feeder Samba arriving in beautiful spring weather:

The Pakarang view:

Broadside view:

Comment

Don't know what this one is doing, but looks like it may be used for transport of people:

Never seen it here before. (But that doesn't mean it is new to the area, just new to me)

Comment

A self-propelled Houseboat able to move, if not across oceans, at least along the coast and on rivers and canals.
                        This one just arrived at her home port in Ulsteinvik from Horten. Seen here in Aalesund:

Info for those who want to know more:

Heading home to Ulsteinvik:

Comment

Polish sailboat in Aalesund:

Heading towards Svalbard??

Comment

Busy in the Inner harbour:

A Colin Archer replica turning and departing:

Comment

Working...
                            X