No announcement yet.

Cruise ships in Norway 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few more of a beautiful and magnificent vessel called Marco Polo, a style of ship that is fast becoming as extinct as the Boeing 747:

2018_08_23 EOS5D-Marco Polo-IMG_6696 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_08_23 EOS5D-Marco Polo-IMG_6692 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_08_23 EOS5D-Marco Polo-IMG_6689 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_08_23 EOS5D-Marco Polo and AIDAsol-IMG_6700 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

New record in number of cruise ship calls and passenger numbers for Aalesund port this year: https://www.smp.no/incoming/2018/09/...r-17572351.ece
      The season has been stretched to 102 days. Next year will be even better, with mare calls and longer season, as will 2020.

Comment

Azamara Journey inbound to Tromsø back in august.

Comment

Seabourn Ovation outbound from Tromsø back i july.

Comment

Crystal Serenity outbound from Tromsø back in july.

Comment

MSC Meraviglia and Mein Schiff 5 in Tromsø back in july.

Comment

A really beautiful collection of ships, some not seen at Trondheim.

Crystal for example, they haven't been to Trondheim for so many years now, and there appears to be no plan to include Trondheim in the nearest future either. Sad, but mostly for me.

I love seeing the Crystal Serenity - takes me back to happier times of my life. So many delightful memories sailing the world on a Crystal ship. And getting paid well for it.

When I'm looking at these gigantic ships, I tend to think back on the days past when ships like the Mermoz, Winston Churchill and those alike sailed along the coast. These are the ships of today, and we will never get back the ships that "looked like the real ships". It's perhaps good, evolution will forever move onwards, based on demands and environmental restrictions.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Here is the ZENITH very early this cruise-season at Trondheim. She is a ship that I have seen so many places around the world and that I have seen in ports together with my current ships... I remember her from Florida, the Caribbean and I do also remember her from the Panama Canal.

2018_06_09 Zenith and Jaguar E-Pace-DJI_0462 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_06_09 Zenith and Jaguar E-Pace-DJI_0459 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_06_09 Zenith and Jaguar E-Pace-DJI_0455 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_06_09 Zenith and Jaguar E-Pace-DJI_0451 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Comment

A few more of the ZENITH - the images have been cropped quite bit to fit the frame of the image:

2018_06_09 Zenith and Jaguar E-Pace-DJI_0448 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_06_09 Zenith and Jaguar E-Pace-DJI_0445 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_06_09 Zenith and Jaguar E-Pace-DJI_0443 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Comment

Wonderful pictures Jan-Olav with great details seen from bird's eye view.

Comment

• pakarang
                        pakarang commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you so very much - always interesting to see "familiar" things from a different viewpoint.

Astoria moored at Prostneset quay in Tromsø today.
                      It's 70 years since this ship started its career as a passenger ship and after many rebuilding, she still sails.
                      The ship is probably best known for the collision with Andrea Doria in 1956.

Comment

I have to admit that I have never truly "liked" the Astoria, not even in any of her past liveries, but the more time passing by, the more I like her. She is one of a kind, and one of the few old-school passenger ships still in operation. With great sadness, I saw earlier this week that another familiar classical was on her way to the choppers in Turkey.

Comment

Working...
                        X