Cruise ships in Norway 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few more of MSC Meraviglia:

2018_06_07 MAVIC PRO-MSC Meraviglia-DJI_0418 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_06_07 MAVIC PRO-MSC Meraviglia-DJI_0420 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

2018_06_07 MAVIC PRO-MSC Meraviglia-DJI_0424 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_06_07 MAVIC PRO-MSC Meraviglia-DJI_0428 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

2018_06_07 MAVIC PRO-MSC Meraviglia-DJI_0432 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_06_07 MAVIC PRO-MSC Meraviglia-DJI_0437 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Comment

Gigantic indeed!

I was especially awestruck by #76/1 which kind of makes Trondheim look like a model!
          My other favourites are the one with Munkholmen, and #77/1 with the churned greenish water from the thrusters adding an extra colour on a grey day. Yes, you caught this in other photos too, but this one feels just the perfect height of flying for a really satisfying composition in the frame.

But if even just the thought of actually cruising on such a ship feels exhausting, be cheered - Serenissima is heading your way, pakarang, on Friday morning, the 20th!

...and then to you too Ombugge in Ålesund on Saturday.

Comment

Serenissima documented - though not from air. Insert really sad smilie right here.

I need to speed up the work on this photos - and there is going to be a small video on youtube as well.

Local paper Address also made a short story on the ship, and Sir Gaute Myhre, a local historian also in love with this ship. I will make a video about that too, with my comments, if you want.

Comment

I am delighted to hear about the local interest in the dear ship.

YES photos, YES video! ... I want! (as if you needed to ask! )
              But I'll be patient. As I just said in Serenissima's thread, you do need to rest occasionally.

I am pleased though that you already got round to updating your main page and included the link to your maiden voyage video.

I keep meaning to tell you that quite a number of guests (the 'right kind of guests' that really appreciate an older traditional ship) that I have met during my cruises mentioned having googled around when trying to find out more about Serenissima, and came across your main page. They had understandably been put off earlier by many negative reviews especially on Trip Advisor from the 'wrong kind of guests' (the kind of people that would honestly be best advised towards other kinds of cruise ships). As a result of CaptainsVoyage and your influence the appreciative folk did choose Serenissima . The ship now has many repeat guests and a following, including many who had earlier travelled in Norway by hurtigrute ships.

For these reasons, my intention was to add my support, and I would have devoted time in reinstating my earlier Photobucket photos in the Serenissima thread on the forum - though fortunately that task is now not required.

Comment

Serenissima certainly has a very special part in my heart (oh, that rhymes too!)... and that will never change.

When it comes to cruise ships, I really miss the good old days with ships such as the Canberra, Winston Churchill, Mermoz, Dalmajica and such.

Comment

Here are some images of the Arcadia from a couple of days ago. If you look further behind in this thread, I think there should be some that was taken from elevated angle as well.

Port of Trondheim naturally, dated August 11th 2018.

I especially like this first one for some reason:

2018_08_11 G7XM2-Arcadia-IMG_2282 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_08_11 G7XM2-Arcadia-IMG_2287 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_08_11 G7XM2-Arcadia-IMG_2295 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

And then, in the afternoon, she set sail again. Wouldn't have mind sitting poolside on that thing with a fancy coloured tropical fruit drink with some alcohol....

2018_08_11 G7XM2-Arcadia-IMG_2304 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Comment

Back on June 14th 2018, the Marella Discovery suddenly popped up in Trondheim on an unscheduled visit - I think it was likely because of a strong low pressure system further south.

She is the former Splendour of the Seas and former TUI Discovery:

2018_06_14 EOS5D-Marella Discovery-IMG_6397 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_06_14 EOS5D-Marella Discovery-IMG_6401 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_06_14 EOS5D-Marella Discovery-IMG_6402 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_06_14 EOS5D-Marella Discovery-IMG_6410 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                    X