Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PoloUK
    replied
    Some of these repeat other calls, but not in the setting of Honningsvåg harbour. This is 22 June 2017.

Artania turning outside 'Byggmaker' (the local builders' merchants) to come back onto the cruise berth.

No more taking bunkers from the other side of the harbour, the ugly tanks have gone.

The slightly strange arrangement of the cruise quay means that the rope handler Isfuglen has to assist with stern lines. The summer staff were taking a little while to get completely adept with this, made for some fun watching!

I'm like this with the tablecloth after dinner. I don't usually wear a hard hat though.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    I like this one of "Miss Lippy" (my name for these AIDA ships - the hull art always makes me smile).
    Lovely colours Bengt. The patterns of the melting snow in the distance almost seem to be imitating that serpent thingy in reverse white on blue!

Leave a comment:

• Azimut
    replied
    "Aidaluna" in Breivika harbor today.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    As far as the Arcadia goes; It's rather strange to see a typical Cunard-design funnel and fore mast/main mast on a P&O cruises ship
    Maybe Cunard ordered the ship, but cancelled before delivery...?

Disregard. Found out myself...

Arcadia was first ordered by Holland America Lines, then allocated to Cunard to become their MS Queen Victoria. Just before her launch, they decided to transfer her to the P&O Cruises fleet.

(What we find out when looking at details... haha).

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    The Arcadia berthed at Prestebrygga:

She is NOT flying the EU flag though. Maybe they have started Brixit a little early??:

Or is it because she is registered in Hamilton, Bermuda and thus not technically an EU vessel??:

In any cases, they are definitely showing the Britishness in the bow decoration:

A wall of white along the wharfs today:

PS> The Monarch will be back on 10. July, 2017. I'll try to get some picture of her then. (If not she will be back a few more time this year)

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    Today we had three ships in Aalesund, but the Monarch was relegated to Flatholmen, so I have no picture of her.
    Here is the two that was berthed at the Cruise Terminal in town however:

The nearest is the Costa Pacifica, which was at Flatholmen on her last visit:

She is too long to get in one frame from my normal position for abeam pictures, so here is a panorama:

I don't know why the Monarch couldn't fit on the inside of the finger pier, next to the Pacifica?:

Maybe she was on too deep draft?

The Pacifica is showing her alegiance to the European union in more ways than one.
    First with an EU flag painted on the superstructure:

And by the EU flag flying from the honoured (Stbd.) yard arm:

With the Norwegian "Flag of Courity" flying outermost of course. (The Italians know their flag rules)

Here in a panorama together with the "Arcadia":

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    The Ocean Majesty arrived in the afternoon on 24.June, 2017:

She left again just before midnight and passed Slinnigsodden just as Slinningsbaalet was at "full power". (No pix)

Serenissima was back for a short visit again on 01.July, 2017:

Then we are up to date with the cruise ships visits to Aalesund that I have caught up with.

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    Next visitor I caught up with was the Britannia on 22. June, 2017:

An impressive "stack of decks" as viewed from the stern:

Amidships:

Or the bow:

Leaving after her only visit this year:

A somewhat smaller visitor was alone in the morning of 24. June, 2017:

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    The Serenade of the Seas was also in Aalesund 10. June, 2017:

Two days later a well known vessel, the Balmoral, paid a visit to Aalesund, 12. June, 2017:

You should be careful when passing under low bridges:

OK, maybe that is just what they have been, lowered to top of the mast for that purpose??

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    Three ships visited Aalesund on 10.June, 2017.
    Here the Le Soleal with AidaSol in the background:

Le Soleal leaving first:

AidaSol left alone on the finger pier:

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    Some earlier visitors to Aalesund this year.
    Here the Celebrity Eclipse 04. April, 2017:

MSC Preziosa on 20. May, 2017:

Astor on 26. May, 2017:

Aurora on 05. June, 2017:

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    To paint the name in normal letters anywhere would be too much to ask:

The bow and it's decorations are a "major attraction" on this vessel:

The Navigation Bridge looks like something out of a Disney movie as well:

Not sure if this shape is very practical, or indusive to good watch keeping.

PS> The other two vessels has been mentioned in other threads and by Sterkoder.

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    Not any good pictures of the Norwegian Jade and her "body paintings", but here is some of her "upper part":

And a panorama together with the Disney Magic:

Which brings us neatly to the main attraction of the day (After Serenissima of course):

With that goofy fellow still painting the stern:

It may be Sunday, but work must go on. Lots of stuff to clear from a ship like this:

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    The 5-ship day of 01. July, 2017 has been well documented by Sterkoder on his visit here, but I'll add in some pictures of the event as well.
    First the Star Legend, here together with Norwegian Jade:

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    Mein Schiff 4 visited Aalesund 28. June, 2017:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X