No announcement yet.

Cruise ships in Norway 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This year at Trondheim, a lot of the same ships have come back more often then some of the coastal steamers... such as for example the MEIN SCHIFF 1:

2017_07_25 Mein Schiff 1-DJI_0187 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2017_07_25 Mein Schiff 1-DJI_0179 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2017_07_25 Mein Schiff 1-DJI_0176 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2017_07_25 Mein Schiff 1-DJI_0174 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2017_07_25 Mein Schiff 1-DJI_0172 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2017_07_25 Mein Schiff 1-DJI_0171 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Here is the AIDAbella when she came to Trondheim:

2017_07_15 DJI MAVIC Aida Bella - DJI_0080 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2017_07_15 DJI MAVIC Aida Bella - DJI_0074 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2017_07_15 DJI MAVIC Aida Bella - DJI_0067 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2017_07_15 DJI MAVIC Aida Bella - DJI_0061 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

One of my most daring trips with the C-GULL.... far from land and out on the fjord to capture the cruise ship KONINGSDAM at anchor:

2017_07_14 DJI MAVIC Koningsdam -DJI_0025 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Comment

And then again, the MEIN SCHIFF 1 came back to us again:

2017_07_14 DJI MAVIC Mein Schiff 1 -DJI_0019 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2017_07_14 DJI MAVIC Mein Schiff 1 -DJI_0014 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2017_07_14 DJI MAVIC Mein Schiff 1 -DJI_0012 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2017_07_14 DJI MAVIC Mein Schiff 1 -DJI_0011 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Comment

Sharp and clear images with fine colors
            I like these photos very well taken from bird's perspective.
            Beautifully done, Jan-Olav
            Best wishes from
            Bengt Domben

Comment

• PoloUK
              PoloUK commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, absolutely agree with Bengt. I think 109/2 is my favourite.

"Mein Schiff 3" departed from Tromsø tonight and headed north to Honningsvåg.

Best wishes from
            Bengt Domben

Comment

Enjoying the Tromsø photos as ever Bengt!!
              Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• Azimut
                Azimut commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you for the comment,Mark

Dear PoloUK and Azimut - I'm really thrilled that you both enjoyed those images: kind of makes it worth the extra trip to town to capture them!

This year's cruise season at Trondheim has been (for me) rather disappointing because we have had around 40+ cruisecalls - most of them have been here 4-5 times, if not more often!

Next year looks better though - but as far as I've heard, the QM2 will sail PAST Trondheim without making the trip in the fjord! Too sad!

Comment

• Seagull
                Seagull commented
                Editing a comment
                It has undoubtedly been the Best Ever summer of Trondheim cruise calls for me, enjoyed virtually through your images so very much.
                I suppose all those repeat calls at least indicate that some companies realise Trondheim has lots to offer.

Main Schiff 4 is an impressive sight from this angle:

Even a block of flats is no match for this one.

I got alerted to a small ship being in town that was not on my list. Out of curiosity I check on Aalesund Havn webcam and was met by this view:

Norwegian Jade backing away from the wharf.

And later turning around Slinninsgodden:

While leaving Hebridean Princess alone at the finger pier:

But leaving shortly after, bound for Gursken:

Comment

Britannia was in town again a few days ago:

She can compete with any block of flats for number of balconies:

And any duck for her ducktail:

Comment

I would very much like to see Britannia in Trondheim - she has been to Norway a couple of seasons already I think but as far as I know, not to Trondheim as of yet!

Comment

Can't find QM2 going past you, but she gets very close - she's travelling from New York to visit Captain Ombugge!

http://www.cunard.co.uk/cruise-searc...21b-nyc1-nyc2/

I know she's not the same, but you do get Queen Liz next year.
                    Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Awww... what a shame!

I continuously catch myself "complaining" (as in whining) about ships sailing passed Trondheim each year on their way north or south. I don't think the two hours each way journey in and out the fjord is what is stopping them, but perhaps the facilities they have on offer in our port. I think Port of Trondheim could have done so much more for these seasonal calls, such a improving the dock, it's length and terminal facilities (which is non-existent at the time).

Comment

Something big, beautiful and with red funnels aiming at you tonight then Ombugge?
                        Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• ombugge
                          ombugge commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I'm planning to get a few pictures before she leaves this afternoon. Maybe a video of her departure as well.

• PoloUK
                          PoloUK commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Just in case anyone wonders what we're talking about, the QM2 is occupying all of the cruise berth in Ålesund today.

I was recently in the port of Eden on our far South Coast ship watching. There was a chunky vessel with bows that look like a catamaran but these "bows" ended in a wall way back near the superstructure,sporting a gigantic anchor.
                        The light was poor and the photo did not display the anchor in detail. She was probably around 150 metres or more in length. Definitely a working ship with a heavylift crane behind her superstructure. near the stern.

Any clues on what an anchor amidships under the superstructure between the twin bows would be for?? Thanks for any suggestions.

Comment

• ombugge
                          ombugge commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It would help if you posted the picture.

• PoloUK
                          PoloUK commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Nari - if you'd like me to post the photo for you, drop me a personal message and I'll send you the email address to send it to.
                      Working...
                      X