• Show
Clear All

• pakarang
    replied
    Then, we have the Arcadia in less than perfect weather:

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Looks like the photos show up at my end - hopefully they do at your end too.

Next in line is the Norwegian Jade:

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    So many totally awesome updates here... ships that I couldn't catch at Trondheim and ships that doesn't seem to like visiting my port.

I have been trying to keep up with the ships prior to my own work, but extra days at work and other things such as weather sometimes put barriers in my way.

Here is however some of my ships the past week or so... if you haven't seen them on my bLOG in smaller formats.

Please let me know if they do not show up because of the greed of Photobucket-board of directors.

AIDAsol first:

Leave a comment:

• Azimut
    replied
    "Hamburg" left Tromsø this evening and set course for Hammerfest.

Leave a comment:

• Azimut
    replied
    "Hamburg" inbound to Breivika harbor this afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• Azimut
    replied
    "Hebridean Sky" north Tromsø strait this evening.

Leave a comment:

• Azimut
    replied
    "Astoria" departing from Breivika harbor this afternoon and set course for Ny-Ålesund,Svalbard.

Leave a comment:

• Azimut
    replied
    "Norwegian Jade" out from Tromsø on monday evening.

Leave a comment:

• Azimut
    replied
    "Costa Pacifica" outbound from Breivika harbor last sunday afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• Azimut
    replied
    "MSC Preziosa" inbound to Breivika harbor last sunday.

Leave a comment:

• Azimut
    replied
    Very nice pictures of the cruise ships, Mark

Leave a comment:

• PoloUK
    replied
    Hard to believe, but this is the same day! The clouds rolled in during the evening, and so did AidaSol.

From the right.

Smile.

And from the left.

Leave a comment:

• PoloUK
    replied
    Thanks for your comments Cecilia.

Here are a few more. 24 June 2017.

I'm an engineer. At various times in my career I've designed things. To me they're beautiful. These ships too were designed by engineers and designers, I suspect they also find them beautiful. That does rather prove that beauty is in the eye of the beholder I think. Mind you if you're travelling on the ship, then what the outside looks like is probably less important to you. Certainly the passengers seemed happy, they were enjoying their excursions and many of them were walking around town - being very pleasant to everyone and spending money. They'll have had a great time, and that's far more important than anything else. The captain's sailaway message (broadcast to our house!) was very professional, positive and reflected on a what a great day they'd had in sunny Honningsvåg.

So - old frog-face herself, Crown Princess. In need of a bit of an exterior clean in places. Interesting to watch these ships in harbour, many of them have crews out with paintbrushes the moment that the passengers are off, but this one just dropped a couple of lifeboats with fishing parties in them. I'm sure there was a lot of work going on inside though.

The front.

The back.

More of the back.

A near-Pakarang view.

Wherever you went in the village you could see bits of her.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    Delightful, Mark. I always enjoy those times in the height of the cruise season when we follow a ship from port to port in various members photos. Sometimes from country to country, though I haven't got to see the Viking ships which dock at Rosyth.

Leave a comment:

• PoloUK
    replied
    Next day and the sun is shining. It usually does if you wait long enough in the summer. It may take a couple of days, but it does shine!

Viking Sky - rather elegant - at least from the front. Only just realised, there's something red, white and black lurking around at the back end in the first photo.

Not sure about the back - although if you're on it the extra stability is probably a good thing. Pretty flag and excellent town painted on the stern though, wish you could say the same for the big ships that operate out of the ports near us. Anyone fancy the 'infinity' pool at the back?

I assume that all those wooden longships full of marauding hooligans (oops, sorry, I'm reliably informed that the Norwegian vikings were farmers and traders - and I believe everything my Norwegian viking tells me to) had these on their funnels/masts.

If we were to scale up what our window cleaner charges to what these guys need, I think I'd need another mortgage.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X