Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RENAMED THREAD: The Korsfjord, and the official FLAKK-RØRVIK thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone still interested in this thread?

Here is what WAS SUPPOSED TO BE Glutra's very last arrival and use of the old dock at Rørvik: it was at the 10:00 o'clock departure on December 19th 2018.

2018_12_19 G7XM2-Glutra last arrival old RVK quay-IMG_3451 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_12_19 G7XM2-Glutra last arrival old RVK quay-1000-IMG_3453 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

- and this WAS SUPPOSED TO BE the last departure by Korsfjord from the old dock at Rørvik, taking place at 09:30 on December 19th 2018:

2018_12_19 G7XM2-K last departure from old RVK quay-0930-IMG_3449 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Not to forget the maiden arrival of a ferry in service at the new ferry dock happened at 10:30, December 19th 2018, by Tresfjord:

2018_12_19 G7XM2-Tresfjord first arrival new RVK quay-1030-IMG_3456 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_12_19 G7XM2-Tresfjord first arrival new RVK quay-1030-IMG_3458 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Comment

Within the next 24 hours or so, some time, K will be history here in Trondheim....

2018_12_05 EOS5D-Korsfjrod gas bunkering-IMG_7186 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_12_05 EOS5D-Korsfjrod gas bunkering-IMG_7188 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_12_05 EOS5D-Korsfjrod gas bunkering-IMG_7190 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_12_05 MAVIC-Korsfjrod gas bunkering-DJI_0040 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_12_05 MAVIC-Korsfjrod gas bunkering-DJI_0048 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
            Anyone still interested in this thread?....
            Silly question! - me…me
            Seems like somewhat choppy waters on the fjord that day, the 19th - attractive light, unusual views and still a bit of ferry history even when not exactly 'last times'! And a first time at the new ferry dock too. So that's what it looks like - terrific image, #1278/1.

And the photos of Korsfjord on the 5th - I'm looking at #1279/2 which I especially like, and the drone shots too complete with Finnmarken - and I'm marvelling at how you are still taking such distinctly different images of the K after all these years.

Comment

2018_12_05 EOS5D-Korsfjrod gas bunkering-IMG_7188 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Korsfjord is one of the most interesting ships seen here from the "pakarang perspective" point of view. Looking a bit funny with that "chopped off" deck.

Comment

Yeah, I agree.... always thought that too. She has a very strange profile from the pakarang stand.

See she's docked at Bolsønes Verft in Molde as we speak, as well as Glutra having reached her next assignments.

Tresfjord will remain for a while.

Comment

Yes Korsfjord is at Bolsones. Nothing said about her next assignment that I know of (??):
                  https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais...311678/zoom:15

Glutra has arrived at Flatholmen in Aalesund, ready to enter the Hareide - Sulesund route tomorrow:
                  Last edited by ombugge; December 31st, 2018, 18:36.

Comment

Having just been enjoying the Christmas stars on the hurtigrutes Bengt has been photographing in Tromsø, I realise I didn't mention how great Korsfjord's looks in your #1277.
                  What a super project that was for your fine trainee engineer - Viggio ? - not sure how to spell his name - and so haven't kept track of how his career developed.

I can't be sure if there was such a seasonal decoration on Fosen or if it is an FNS thing at all, but in any case brand new ferries come without traditions.

Comment

What I don't understand:
                    GLUTRA was once specially designed and built to operate the Seivika-Tømmervåg stretch between Kristiansund and Tustna/Aure, a stretch that over the years has become one of the most used connections in this region besides the Kanestraum-Halsa stretch of course.
                    Then, MRF (now Fjord1) won the battle to get the Flakk-Rørvik stretch and then they "stole" GLUTRA, added a few meters to her length and started to use her there.
                    What we got in return between Seivika-Tømmervåg? Well, what do we usually end up with here in this part of the county? Near scrap: two former Flakk-Rørvik workhorses BJØRNSUND and NORDMØRE, the latter now changed with the just as old STORDAL. (All of them built in 1979, for crying out loud...., 40 years old this year!!!).
                    Then Fjord1 loose the battle for Flakk-Rørvik and GLUTRA is again "free". But do we get her back to continue Seivika-Tømmervåg as her new capacity is much needed?
                    Nope, of course not. She's "more" needed in the southern part of the county, where the Fjord1 is more "at home".
                    Now, they say we will get brand new ferries to operate in my part of the county, the so called "Nordmørspakken"..., but for us who has lived a few years, and heard "breaking news" and fairytales from MRF/Fjord1 a few times before...., the "Nordmørspakken" is X-FILES for me (you don't belive it before you actually see it).
                    Ooooo...., grumpy old man today, Mr. Sterkoder? YES!

Excuse me for emptying my gut over Fjord1 in this thread, but since GLUTRA came on the table...
                    Last edited by Sterkoder; January 3rd, 2019, 13:49.
                    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

• ombugge
                      ombugge commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Glutra is temporary replacement for one of the two new ferries that will be used on the Hareide - Sulesund route. They will be delivered in the nearest few weeks.

• ombugge
                      ombugge commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Here is the first of the new ferries that will be operating on the Hareide - Sulesund route:
                      https://www.skipsrevyen.no/article/m...jCuMLFLePgKrsk

I guess it's still so fresh in my mind, but I do really miss my K....

Within time, I guess she will surely fade into history. But after all, the K has become the ship I have served the longest time on board, of any ships from my life.

Comment

I never really stopped to think that the K was the ship on which you had served the longest - and that as captain too. That;s quite a thought, and for sure an emotional one.

Comment

Tresfjord as seen from Munken on December 28th 2018...

2018_12_29 Tresfjord-IMG_3484 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_12_29 Tresfjord-IMG_3485 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                        X