Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Model ships, model ship building and model ship clubs.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Model ships, model ship building and model ship clubs.

"Eyr Ytterholmen"

"RS 150 Odin"

"RS 146 Stormbull"

M/S "Vingtor"

Last edited by Joakim; April 15th, 2012, 22:17.

Comment

Great model shots Joakim!
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I received some new models from Arte Nautica and photgraphed them with some other members of the fleet.

From top to bottom, ***tant Homeric, Arte Nautica Atlantic, Mercator Oceanic, Hansa Doric

From top to bottom, Hein Muck (repainted) Oceanic, Arte Nautica Atlantic, and the Royale was bought on ebay, I think it was sold on board.

Mercator's Oriana and Arte Nautica's Adonia

Finally a few MSC ships, Poesia by Scherbak and Lirica and Melody by Arte Nautica

Latest pic of the collection, though the top shelf did not make it into the frame.. I am still amazed how large the Oasis is.

Comment

About as different from Thaddeus' excellent models as you can get, but how about the star of the film "The Pirates! In an adventure with Scientists" - the model of the ship made by the remarkable Aardman studios in Bristol. Now in the 'M-Shed' museum of Bristol Life, the lighting isn't great which makes life difficult for an inadequate photographer like me, but there are some little touches that are so 'Wallace and Gromit' - the genius, and slightly weird touch that the Nick Park company manages to create.

Don't know what the film is like, but love the concept of the pirates' ship being 'a ringer' - two bits stitched together.

Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Great detail shots Mark.... love the patch on the second to the last photo.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Wow, there was no information about this movie released in Germany up to now! And absolute MUST for Wallace & Gromit + Shaun the Sheep fans like me and my family!! Must keep my eyes open!!
              Last edited by Ralf__; September 6th, 2012, 11:13.
              Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
                Wow, there was no information about this movie released in Germany up to now! And absolute MUST for Wallace & Gromit + Shawn the Sheep fans like me and my family!! Must keep my eyes open!!
                The reviews aren't all that positive - but to be honest if they're expecting another W&G or Shaun, that's probably rather optimistic!! Even Aardman can't always be perfect.

I think Shaun the Sheep is fantastic - they talk about it being an animation for children, but some of the humour is definitely aimed above that age range - the film references, the visual jokes, some of the magical inventions - and, of course, the chase scenes. I also love the interaction between Shaun and Bitzer (the sheepdog) - such close friends, such a working relationship, such concern for one another.

I was fortunate enough to be at the Bristol studio where they do the dubbing of the soundtrack onto the video for Shaun (we were doing the same for a corporate video on railway control - not quite so exciting) - and the engineers there were saying that it takes ages to get this work done, because they can't stop giggling when they're recording. The guy that does most of the voices is hugely entertaining, and it's hard to imagine how a 'baa' can convey such meaning. Oops, how off thread was that!?
                Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Hahaha, the thread goes about model ships!

But thank you for sharing this experiences. I am enjoying this very much (as mostly, when it goes OT)!
                  Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Thank you PoloUK for such entertaining reading. I Shaun the Sheep!

Comment

And here's my private museum:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1036923...kxfjnY3B0M0B_w

Comment

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

I hate to say the little Jet Ski is my favorite.

Comment

Look what I found in an old box: an article from the weekly men's magazine Vi Menn.... this one is in Norwegian unfortunately, but I thought that perhaps Tom in Bergen might find this article interesting.

Comment

Wonderful!! :-D

Let me write some here:

In Germany the exhibition "Faszination Modellbau Karlsruhe" (fascination modelling in Karlsruhe) has recently been canceled by the organizer. It has been a big show with all varieties of our hobby from ships to cars, trucks and aircrafts. This exhibition is now being replaced by the new "Faszination Modelltech" in Sinsheim (22nd to 24th of march 2013)

No problem to change name and location but the new one will be smaller and there is no place for us ship modellers any longer! Only aircraft and small areas for trucks and cars. Their homepage is talking about action, speed and that there is no place for softies in there...

To show that the ship modellers are still there and set a sign the idea was formed to make an international day of ship modellers. The date will be the sunday of the exhibition, 24th of march.
                                The idea was born from some users of the forum schiffsmodell.net so the main planning will be done over there. But it should be an international show without any borders between different communities!

So, what can you do?
                                Just meet at your local pond, lake, river or indoors (depending on the weather) with as much modellers and visitors as possible. Then send a photo of this meeting to the following mail-adress and mention date, location and (if possible) the name of your club.

andreas.schneider@schiffsmodell.net

There is also a logo for this day, see the attachment for this. As the idea was born in Germany, the logo is in german but if there is enough interest we can change it to english.
                                If interested you can also register at schiffsmodell.net and visit this thread. Registration is not necessary for reading, only if you want to write (no problem to write in english).

In the last days the two major ship modelling magazines "schiffsmodell" and "Modellwerft" contacted us and they will support the idea with articles about the day. So it seems as if we can really set a sign!

This article goes around the world. We have a good response here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1784579.

Thank you

Matthias

Comment

Working...
                                X