Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Model ships, model ship building and model ship clubs.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Model ships, model ship building and model ship clubs.

Great models Joakim!
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I assume that this is familiar site for Model enthusiasts, but I'll post it anyway: http://www.risawoleska.de/en/
      Looks like the a producing models in large numbers for sale, incl. of some interesting vessels.

Comment

Billings Boats conversion to radio control

Has anyone any experience of taking a Billings Boat kit, installing an engine (and any other parts required) and also installing the equipment to make it radio controlled?

I have a kit that we intend to work on this winter.

Comment

Gaelsail, which Kit do you have? Maybe I can help you finding the right parts.

Mtthias

Comment

Originally posted by antias View Post
            Gaelsail, which Kit do you have? Maybe I can help you finding the right parts.
            Hi, Thanks.

It is a US Coast Guard 586. On the box it says the kit is complete with fittings but then in the instructions it seems to talk about needing a stern tube and different propellor as well as the motor etc. I think the 'fittings' are the things like the life belts, search lights etc.

Comment

Youre right with the fittings. Partlist of the Kit says, Tube is included but I don´t like the Parts. It is to flimsy. You must fill the complete Tube with grease to prevent Water coming in the ship. That will increase the necessary power. I always use the Graupner Tube because the dealer have them in stock here and they are very tight so i only need grease on the surface of the Propshaft. Best choice will be the Raboesch stern tube. I use one for my new Trawler. Really amazing quality.

Matthias

Comment

I have always wanted a 1:1250 scale model of the Home Lines Atlantic of 1982. I saw her arrive in Bermuda on her maiden arrival as a kid in 1982 and have had a special attachement to the ship ever since. Non of the standard producers have as of yet made a model of her. So, I found a gentleman in Germany that makes custom models of ships in 1:1250 scale. I sent him pictures, plans and a line drawing of the ship, and he has built me a model. He sent me a few pictures along the way of the progress, and I created this collage of the ship, drawing, and model shots. I am very excited to receive this model soon.

Comment

Interesting. I wonder how he paints all the little windows and hatches?

Comment

I received my custom made MV Atlantic (1982) of Home Lines. I am really happy with the model. While it is made of wood, and really light, I think it gets the propotions of the ship just right. Here are a couple of pictures of the model with my ***tant Homeric (1985), also of Home Lines

Comment

Originally posted by antias View Post
                      Youre right with the fittings. Partlist of the Kit says, Tube is included but I don´t like the Parts. It is to flimsy. You must fill the complete Tube with grease to prevent Water coming in the ship. That will increase the necessary power. I always use the Graupner Tube because the dealer have them in stock here and they are very tight so i only need grease on the surface of the Propshaft. Best choice will be the Raboesch stern tube. I use one for my new Trawler. Really amazing quality.
                      Thanks for all the information. All the extra parts arrived this morning so I'll be able to start the winter project of building the boat this weekend. We're not building the boat with the detail in the kit but rather to look and do what we want... looks as if it will be a challenge and great fun.

Comment

Some pictures of the model of Nordnorge 1924 placed on Nordnorge 1997.

Comment

Beautiful photos of the models especially since they are still the a glass case.

Comment

as you maybe know i collect models of trucks,for that i go several times to a toy fair.
                            just as today.

look at those,and WEEP, WEEP hard,for crying out loud.

and YES i know terrable images but with my mobile taken, insite the building.

Queen Elizabeth , waterline model

this one was payable just 20,00E but without a box.
                            i could get her for just 15,00E

maybe next fair,to think about.
                            Last edited by janihudi; February 18th, 2012, 16:51.
                            best regards Thijs

Comment

on the same table

nieuw amsterdam ,waterline model

with a box

payable 65,00E could get her for 60,00E

those models it was alowed to pick them up from the table, the next models, at another table, i got shot if i dare to pick them up.
                              Last edited by janihudi; February 18th, 2012, 16:53.
                              best regards Thijs

Comment

this was the first ship model i saw today
                                the ''Normandie'' a waterline model with a box ,nice model behind glas and packed in a box,i was not alowed to pick her out.
                                he would do it for me.pooh pooh,what a hullabaloo (make this sence) about a model.

best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                                X