Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Model ships, model ship building and model ship clubs.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am totally blown away by the models in this thread. And Thaddeus, what a collection you have, truly amazing. How long have you been collecting these models??

Comment

Modells of the veolia ships

M/S "Helgeland"

M/S "Dønna"

M/F "Petter Dass"

M/F "Lurøy"

Last edited by Joakim; September 20th, 2010, 19:59.

Comment

Originally posted by White Star View Post
        I am totally blown away by the models in this thread. And Thaddeus, what a collection you have, truly amazing. How long have you been collecting these models??

In general about 25 years of collecting, since I was a kid. Glad you are enjoying the collection.

Comment

Thats brilliant mate. Can you remember what the first model was that you bought?

Comment

Well the first models that I had were the 1970's Minic models of the QE, QM, United States and Canberra. I also had their naval ships, and loved the pier systems too. The first model I ever found that was not a minic was a Hansa QE2 in London in 1983. I was travelling with my grandparents and found it in a toy store there, probably Hamsley's. A couple of summers later, I went to Germany with my parents and found a store in Munich that had so many Mercators and CM models. I was in heaven (as only a 12 year old can be), and bought at least dozen models. From then on it was searching small stores in the US, and picking up models on trips to Europe, until the arrival of the internet and especially Ebay, which really opened my collecting up, and now I am up to around 300 models.

These are examples of the Minics that I started with.

And the Harbour setups..

Comment

Brilliant stuff mate, thanks for sharing this with us. I tip my hat to you sir as your collection is superb

Comment

hello, i am new in this forum. i am from santander (spain).
                i have a small collection for three models. I started collecting them about 2 months to.
                Forgive me for my bad english.

here the ss norway, Norwegian Star and ss united states

Comment

Originally posted by cantabro View Post
                  hello, i am new in this forum. i am from santander (spain).
                  i have a small collection for three models. I started collecting them about 2 months to.
                  Forgive me for my bad english.

A warm welcome on board and don't worry about your English: I can understand you very well. So honored and happy that you have chosen to become a member of our friendly family here.

Great three models you've got there... clearly, the SS Norway is my favourite!
                  With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                  Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

The models really show how the volume of cruise ships have changed. They have similar length but the boxy shape of Star encloses so much more interior space. Does anyone know the displacement of these three? I am sure Star has a much higher GRT but I'm curious if all three are more similar in displacement.

Comment

Following recieved from CHINA:

Dear Sir,

Thanks for time to read my e-mail.

We are VIPO DECK that produce kinds of ship models in China. War ship models, Cruise ship models, Container ship models, & collectors with different size. We are the best for top models in China. Hope we have chance to cooperate.

For your website, it`s special. We can do any model only you provide detail photos & drawings. We develop & build & make you satisfied.

Please find the attached photos of EXPLORER of the SEAS, EMMA MAERSK & SCHARNHORST. Different type, but all of them we built.

Hull -- Fibergalss, Super Structure -- Copper, Parts -- Resin

VIPO DECK cooperate with Disney, Oceania, China shipyard and some famous company.

Package: we fix the model well & use many foam to proteck model destroy during the delivery. Also we provide free parts in case the client need with model together.

Look forward cooperation between us!

Anything you need to know, please don`t hesitate to contact me. I will reply you soon.
                      Do I dare ask them to make me a model of the SS NORWAY?

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

it issn't so much of to dare to ask,it's more are you willing to pay the prise THEY ask.

i wil place later images of rotterdam,but for a 50cm long model THEY had to dare to ask 3000 euro for it.
                        it was handbuild,bohoo of if i care
                        best regards Thijs

Comment

Brechin Castle- yacht races

lovely, if cold, afternoon of yacht racing.

Comment

It looks like a rather calm wind yet those little sailboats are moving quite fast. Sailing well is difficult enough when you can feel the wind on your face. It must be even more difficult to do it by radio control.

Comment

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
                              It looks like a rather calm wind yet those little sailboats are moving quite fast. Sailing well is difficult enough when you can feel the wind on your face. It must be even more difficult to do it by radio control.
                              Yes, it was really calm and the lochin is also quite low and sheltered by trees. Every so often a small gust of wind blew and the yachts then went in all directions. It looked really good fun and, if it had not been for the fact they were racing, I might have asked if I could learn how to sail them. I'm sure the theory is the same as a normal yacht but the models must be much more difficult.

Comment

We had 3 models of KORSFJORD with us from Poland... made in Poland at a cost of 20.000 NOK EACH!

Comment

Working...
                                X