Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Model ships, model ship building and model ship clubs.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a new case for my 1:1250 collection, so the whole collection migrated to the dining room table while the cases were switched and then was moved into the new case. I took some pictures while the "fleet" was out together on the table.

and finally the models in the new case..

Comment

Originally posted by Thaddeus View Post
      I bought a new case for my 1:1250 collection, so the whole collection migrated to the dining room table while the cases were switched and then was moved into the new case. I took some pictures while the "fleet" was out together on the table.

With the majority of the collection in the same scale, it's fantastically interesting to see the ships together like this.

I'm pretty convinced when saying this, that a fleet meeting like this has never happened anywhere else in the world.

Did you count the actual number of ships in your collection?

Very, very, very impressive.... and some of the ships are no longer with us as well... truly a spectacular sight for a passenger ship-nerd like me.
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I am amazed every time you post pictures of your collection. If I ever came to visit I think I would be lining up ships and comparing their size and lines. You've already showed us some classic lineups but I think I first set Song of Norway my first cruise ship next to Westerdam, my most recent. Then I'd put one of the R-class ships like Pacific Princess next to Song of Norway to compare size. You should stop me if I fill the bath and grab several models for sea trials.

Comment

Holy smokes!! That's some fantastic collection you have there. Very very nice indeed.
          I only ever had 6 models in my collection and only two photos of them, they didn't fare too well after I discovered gun powder.... I blew 'em all up!
          I was in my early teens though and very stupid to say the least.
          Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

A few new pictures..

First,
            Three models depicting the QE2 at different times in her career.

Top is Mercator model representing post 1987 re-engining, middle is Hansa model representing post Falkland islands war (1983), and bottom is Hansa model representing the ship as built (1969).

And three Holland America Line models from Richard Wagner, (circa 1960) of Nieuw Amsterdam, Statendam and Rotterdam. Just bought the bottom two at a NYC auction a few weeks ago.

Comment

Interesting line up!

I notice very easily the change of funnel which QE2 had during her career: from a more slim funnel to a more 'fatter' funnel in her later years.

Also interesting to see the change in her appearance from above, with the addition of new additional balcony suites behind the forward mast.

May I also ask, are those HAL models normally covered by a 'glass roof'?

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Yes the HAL ships normally have a glass or plexiglass cover. As I store them all in a glass case, I removed the tops.

Comment

i am not building them anymore for a long time,and the most i have buyed.

buyed the firefighting vessel "dusseldorf" with working watercuns,lights,radar horn and more.

build,the port of rotterdam 10,a catamaran type of vessel for port service.
                  never finisht.

build, the bugsier 3 (i believe) no images but also never finisht.

buyed,a nameless vessel in use for canal and river controle

Last edited by janihudi; May 15th, 2010, 19:39.
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

buyd ,together with the controle vessel.
                    the "super servant 1" ,2,12meters long,weights,dont no.
                    the plan was to restore her,but as the same for the other models,no time,and its gonna be expencef.
                    but she is/was submurchable?? i have never seen it,but someone on the club i spoken with told me,also that she needed 20 kilos of lead under her hull to sink down,but every thing was working.
                    unfortenaly the owner removed almost everything for a other model.

best regards Thijs

Comment

A couple of pictures showing my newest models compared with some of my existing ones...

Here is the new Scherbak Oasis of the Seas with the Holsatia Song of Norway. It is amazing how much has changed in 40 years of cruising.

Oasis with the Norway, showing her incredible width, and the "Central Park" she has running down the middle of her superstructure

Now we switch to the new Risawoleska Sea Princess, shown with the Risawoleska models of her former self, the Kungsholm. I love the model, but think the ship looked much much nicer as her SAL former self.

Next the lovely Matson Liner, Mariposa, by Hein Muck, with her fleetmate Lurline, by Albatros

Finally two pictures of the collection, which seems to show how large the new Oasis of the Seas is, dominating the shelf she is on.

Comment

Thank you again for the pictures of your amazing collection. This must be a great feeling, if you see a picture of a ship, you can go to your collection and watch in in "real".
                        Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

A couple of pictures showing my newest models compared with some of my existing ones...

Here is the new Scherbak Oasis of the Seas with the Holsatia Song of Norway. It is amazing how much has changed in 40 years of cruising.

Oasis with the Norway, showing her incredible width, and the "Central Park" she has running down the middle of her superstructure

These shots impresses me... impresses me very much. Look at that difference!

Oasis is just simply gigantic! Even the enormour Norway become a puppy alongside Oasis.

Comment

Dutch lifeboats
                            Jansje Baart

Build: 1974 Damen Shipyard, Hardinxveld-Giessendam
                            Lxwxd: 14.23x4.26x0.95
                            Engine: 120 HP DAF

Jack Mulder

Comment

I am sorry I missed this thread for a week. I am always glad to see my first cruise ship, the Song of Norway (I think I was 15 years old). It is quite shocking to see Song of Norway sitting next to the monster sized Oasis.

Comment

MRB Suzanna

Jack Mulder

Comment

Working...
                                X