Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Model ships, model ship building and model ship clubs.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Celebrity Mercury

I have a collection of every cruse ship that my wife and I have been on since our honeymoon in 1981 on the SS Norway (we also sailed her in 1991 on our 10th anniversary). I just found NCL’s Starward on e-bay but I need one to complete my collection. Celebrity Mercury. We did a crossing last spring on Celebrity Summit. And they have souvenir model ships in their gift shop. After the trip I contacted Celebrity about purchasing a similar model of the Celebrity Mercury and was told that they were only available on board for passengers to purchase. Does anyone have an idea where I can find one, I have searched everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Thaddeus View Post
      Now if money is less of an issue, but detail is paramount, Classic Ship Collection in Germany makes outstanding 1:1250 scale models in Waterline and Full Hull versions.

They are available here http://www.collectableships.com/mode...Collection.htm
      I have this model myself and it is an outstanding model of the ship: i can vouch for this one!
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by Thaddeus View Post
        Well if you are interested in a France model but only have limited space, maybe you should consider a 1:1250 scale model of her. CM-KR makes a nice metal model of her, CM-KR 260, available for 70.00 Euros in Germany or $94.00 here in the States.

It is available here http://www.wiedling.de/ or here http://www.1250ships.com/test/produc...ducts_id=12437

There is also a model of the Norway, CM-KR 270, by the same company, which is 74.00 Euros, but shows her after the 1996 Rehab.

Available here http://www.wede-buch.de/index.php?ac..._detail&id=835
        In relation to the SS France model shown above.

I have one, it was in great condition, until me son discovered it and started to play with it while I was away at work. Now the Main Fwd Mast is missing. All other pieces were found and super glued back to the model.

How can I find and/or have made a replica of the Fwd Mast... the ship looks terrible without it... Please help with some suggestions!!??!!

I also have the SS Norway (1980) and SS Norway (1990) shown above... I look at them everyday, sometimes hours at a time...

Comment

Celebrity Century

I just saw that Alexander Scherbak has posted the Century of Celebrity Cruises as one of his potential future models. I know that he fears there will not be enough demand for this model, which I have been requesting for quite some time. So if you are interested in this or any other models on his future list, please email him to get on the waiting list for the model, which also gets you a 10% discount when the model comes out. I really want this model to be made, as I have the Meridian, the Horizon, the Millennium and have the Solstice on order.

Thanks,
          Thad

Scherbak's 1250 Scale Models and Future Models List
          Last edited by Thaddeus; June 19th, 2009, 18:25.

Comment

One of the latest additions to my model collection is this S.S America by RiWag or Wagner Modelbau. It was likely sold aboard the ship in the early 1960's. It is shown here with a RiWag model of the Lurline of Matson Line.

Comment

Collection as of 09.10.2009

Here is my collection to date, September 2009; I have only been collecting for a very short time, but find myself looking for more and more of these series (CM, Mercator, Albatros) as time goes on.

Those on the lower shelf are the "shipboard gift shop" models of the three ships I worked on (Celebrity Summit, Pride of America, Pride of Hawai'i); I have a total of about 12 of those from some of my previous cruise vacations.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Hello Rick... wonderful collection. The very day I win in the lottery, I will go wild shopping at Classic Liners... I love their models in particular, and so dream of the full hull model of SS France.

I have been dreaming of those models for a long time, but can't really afford them right now. And with this weeks lottery price of some 37.000.000 kroner handed out to a couple in South Norway, I guess I'll have to wait a little more.

And Rick... the Norway waterline model that you have on the top shelf, which make is that? It's actually quite a special model because the top deck has two colors on the astro turf on the deck, green and blue. This was after the 1996 dry dock, and made so due to the price of replacement of the turf (according to my memory).

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post

And Rick... the Norway waterline model that you have on the top shelf, which make is that? It's actually quite a special model because the top deck has two colors on the astro turf on the deck, green and blue. This was after the 1996 dry dock, and made so due to the price of replacement of the turf (according to my memory).
                  That model is the CMKR that we often see on eBay and other sites... BUT, just a few days ago I went to a local hobby shop and bought the paints, and detailed the model. I recall from all of my personal SS Norway cruises, that the astroturf was blue (aft) and green (fwd). I have had that model for about one year, but finally decided I had to paint it to reflect the way she looked when I sailed on her.

PS If you got to the SS Norway forum, under private collectables, look for my post with a photo of the SS France and SS Norway models - you will note that the SS Norway model (1990) is the same model I detailed.
                  Last edited by rdelpapa; September 11th, 2009, 17:45. Reason: Post Script added

Comment

The link to Classic Liners was very interesting. I especially enjoyed looking at their tug boat models and seeing the different shapes below the waterline.

Comment

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
                      The link to Classic Liners was very interesting. I especially enjoyed looking at their tug boat models and seeing the different shapes below the waterline.
                      Thinking about starting a collection ?

Comment

If I did start a collection I would like them to be RC models that actually float.

When I was much younger I built a American PT Boat and a Fletcher Class Destroyer. The speed of the PTB was fun but I spent hours watching how the water flowed around the hull of the destroyer and how it cut through waves. I'd love to do a heavy model tug. Something that could push a nice bow wave.

Comment

richard wagner Riwag models

I'm an ocean liner fan with some Richard Wagners models in my collection, does anyone have any information on the company or Ocean Liners that were made?

Comment

Ship Models

Whoa...i envy those large collections of ship models...

Unfortunately, in Singapore...space is what most of us do not have...

But i like building model ships from plastic kits to keep myself busy on a free day...
                            Here is one:
                            The "Le Suroit"

Comment

Originally posted by Thyristor View Post
                              Whoa...i envy those large collections of ship models...

Unfortunately, in Singapore...space is what most of us do not have...

But i like building model ships from plastic kits to keep myself busy on a free day...
                              I also had this one many years ago when I was much younger... I can't remember where it ended up.

Comment

Originally posted by riwag View Post
                                I'm an ocean liner fan with some Richard Wagners models in my collection, does anyone have any information on the company or Ocean Liners that were made?

Unfortunately I do not know much about the company, though I have 12 of his models. I have the United States, America, Queen Elizabeth, Mauretania II, Caronia, Queen of Bermuda, Italia, Bremen, Europa, Nieuw Amsterdam, Ocean Monarch and Lurline. I have seen other models of the Rotterdam, Statendam, Maasdam/Ryndam, Hanseatic, and Constitution/Independence.

Here are ten of mine.

Plus the America and Lurline

Comment

Working...
                                X