• Time
  • Show
Clear All

"LOS 102" in base, Kristiansund
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Pilot boat at Waterford, Ireland:

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Pilot boat at Honningsvåg, Norway: Los 091: dated on June 23rd 2003:

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Pilotboat at Cozumel, Mexico:

Comment

Explorer pilotvessel

Here A photo from the EXPLORER PILOTVESSEL
            Harbour Harlingen 31-10-2009

Vessel's Details:
            Ship Type: Pilot Vessel
            Length x Breadth: 21 m X 6 m
            Speed recorded (Max / Average): 24.3 / 14.6 knots
            Flag: Netherlands [NL]
            Call Sign: PDBK
            IMO: 0, MMSI: 246151000

Regards Germen

Comment

A Singapore Pilot Boat seen at Jurong West Anchorage today:

Comment

LOS 118 in Aalesund today:

Comment

Dear members: it's time to prepare yourself for one amazing picture I have come across. It was taken at a cruise with the Pacific Sun.

It's absolutely awesome: and the maker of this image has so kindly permitted me to share it with all of you.

If you would like to see more of his images, you should explore his collection at http://jbcphotography.net

Comment

Finally, Kristiansund Pilot Station got their new vessel....., "LOS 120".
                    Took some other pictures today and was on my way home when I suddenly saw something unfamiliar inbetween two houses as I drove home. A new pilot-vessel? Swedish flag...??
                    Needless to say I made the sharpest and quickest U-turn ever made by a car (yes, Oistein...., I did), and the first image here was made almost before my car had stoped

Just had to take a better picture when a "scoop" like this came to me, so I rushed over to the pilots dock and took this image.
                    Last edited by Sterkoder; March 27th, 2010, 18:43.

Comment

Right place, right time, nice one Sterkoder. She looks identical to LOS 118, obviously same builders and same model. I wonder what differences there are between them? (if any)
                      Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve.B View Post
                        Right place, right time, nice one Sterkoder. She looks identical to LOS 118, obviously same builders and same model. I wonder what differences there are between them? (if any)
                        And more to the point; Why Swedish Flag and home port Aalesund???
                        Has my beloved home town turned traitor????

Comment

Detail-freaks would discover some differences, but over all they are of the same design and type, as they are of a series of vessels ordered from the Dockstadvarvet AB in Sweden.
                          The first differences I spot right now between LOS 118 and LOS 120, are a splashlist on the bow hullsection of LOS 120 that's not there on the other one, and some changes in the fender layout.

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                            And more to the point; Why Swedish Flag and home port Aalesund???
                            Has my beloved home town turned traitor????
                            "LOS 120" belongs to Kristiansund Pilot Station, but the hometown and main base for the district that Kr-sund sort under is Ålesund.
                            The reason for the swedish flag is that the vessel comes directly from Dockstadvarvet AB in Sweden (just stopped for the night in Ålesund yesterday), and I belive she's not officially under norwegian command yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                              "LOS 120" belongs to Kristiansund Pilot Station, but the hometown and main base for the district that Kr-sund sort under is Ålesund.
                              The reason for the swedish flag is that the vessel comes directly from Dockstadvarvet AB in Sweden (just stopped for the night in Ålesund yesterday), and I belive she's not officially under norwegian command yet.
                              Thanks for that. I'm greatly relieved!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                                Finally, Kristiansund Pilot Station got their new vessel....., "LOS 120".
                                Took some other pictures today and was on my way home when I suddenly saw something unfamiliar inbetween two houses as I drove home. A new pilot-vessel? Swedish flag...??
                                Needless to say I made the sharpest and quickest U-turn ever made by a car (yes, Oistein...., I did), and the first image here was made almost before my car had stoped

Illegal U-turn : 4200 NOK
                                In a hurry, not using direction light: 2000 NOK -
                                In a hurry unfasten your safety-belt when car still is in motion 750 NOK

You get 50% off the two last, due to several offences at the same time.

You just saved: 5575 NOK or 900 US$

What a scoop.
                                I know that the Government are doing everything to get rid of Norwegian shipping, but that the Pilot vessels now are using Swedish flag....

Hopefully Ålesund stil is a norwegian city.

BTV: Is the vessel buildt in Sweden?
                                Øistein

If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you...

Comment

Working...
                                X