Rigs, Platforms and Oil Fields

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glimpsed the Kulluk still at Keppel FELS Pioneer Yard a few days ago:

Now with the name and home port painted over. I don't know what is going to happen to this one, but I don't think she will go back to work anytime soon.

Comment

well, seems nothing's going to happen at all. At least not after the recent Shell CEO statement: http://www.theguardian.com/business/...c-drilling-oil

So I guess you won't see any heavy lift coming in with a new Chinese hull soon! ;-) (maybe the opposite, the Kulluk to China for scrapping)

Comment

• ombugge
        ombugge commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, either way it may be a job for me.

Some more rigs seen in Singapore lately.
      Rigs under construction at the PPL Yard:

Comment

Rig under tow from shipyard:

Hooking up towline for tow to Vietnam:

Two Gulf Marine AHTS will pull this one:

Comment

West Linus being loaded on Mighty Servant 1: ​

Comment

A rig of an unusual design is entering Singapore:

ENSCO 5002 is actually one of the first Aker H3 designs to be built, but in stead of adding extra columns this one has full height square blisters on the main columns. Here is the specs: http://www.enscoplc.com/files/docs_r...SCO%205002.pdf

Comment

Kulluk being loaded on the Chinese HLC Xiang Rui Kou (XRK) at AJW, Singapore on 27.02,2014:

Anybody know where they are heading and what the future holds for Kulluk???

Comment

• Drill Bill
                Drill Bill commented
                Editing a comment
                What else than scrapping (in China maybe) could it be, esp. after the annoucenemt of Shell's CEO to step away from Arctic drilling this year? You might have just photographed her at the start of her last journey.

• ombugge
                ombugge commented
                Editing a comment
                Destination is ZHOUSHAN, China. ETA 09. March 2014.

• Drill Bill
                Drill Bill commented
                Editing a comment
                well, that's surely not Nantong. So now new bottom hull for this MODU.

Zhoushan is no too far away from Nantong. Protected deep water sites for submerging and discharging available. Or possibly for mating??
              Watch this space. (Or post your news, if you find out first)

Comment

A familiar Drill ship; Deepwater Milleniumship west bound in Singapore Strait a few days ago:

She has changed to Transocean light gray hull since last seen on CVF;

Reverse Pakarang:

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                  Zhoushan is no too far away from Nantong. Protected deep water sites for submerging and discharging available. Or possibly for mating??
                  Watch this space. (Or post your news, if you find out first)
                  I can find no news for Kulluk and her present whereabouts.
                  XRK arrived Nansha in the Pearl River Delta 27.03.2014 and is still there. She came from Huang Pu/Guangzhou further up river.
                  Nothing said about calling at Zhoushan, which is a lot further north on the coast.

I could not find any picture of the XRK with Kulluk on deck from this time, except what I had posted here.
                  But I did find this good picture from the loading of Kulluk onto XRK in Alaska for the trip to Singapore:

Comment

• ombugge
                    ombugge commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No, but Shell is a European company and have experienced what happens when Greenpeace get hold of something they can protest about.
                    They would have nothing against breaking up an Arctic Drilling rig, but if it was done on a beach in Bangladesh they would have had a lot to say about it.

May I remind everybody that I have not actual proof that the Kulluk was discharged in the Pearl River Delta, or that she is due to be broken up.

• janihudi
                    janihudi commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ombugge,didn't you notice something here?
                    in your of heavy lift vessels where she rolls from star to port side or v.v .
                    here she is also leaning over with the ''kulluk''.
                    couldend this the best way with such a rig to rise up again?

• ombugge
                    ombugge commented
                    Editing a comment
                    In this case yes. Appears to be a controlled and deliberate list.

the ''regalia'' in Rotterdam ,some months ago.

best regards Thijs

Comment

New rigs under construction at Dalian International Shpiyard and in various stages of completion.
                    PG 112:

Campeche:

Both together:

Comment

• ombugge
                      ombugge commented
                      Editing a comment
                      One more rig, PG 111 was over water and nearly completed, but no pictures. (Sister to PG 112)
                      Last edited by ombugge; June 8th, 2014, 07:36. Reason: correction

This is the Indonesian owned drilling rig Tasha, which is nearing completion:

Comment

Comment

Climbing up the legs:

Comment

Working...
                        X