Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best regards Thijs

Comment

what are thos blocks at the side Ombugge?
      shock bellows?
      best regards Thijs

Comment

• ombugge
        ombugge commented
        Editing a comment
        Fenders that can be adjusted to suite different drafts and different barges alongside.

best regards Thijs

Comment

She still looks to be in good nick after >30 years in operation. I worked with her in 1989, before Micoperi went belly up.

PS> I always remember when arriving on board outside Stavanger, being lifted by one of the main crane in a basket from a small boat and landed on the helideck. People pay money for such thing in amusement parks.

Comment

• janihudi
          janihudi commented
          Editing a comment
          She is a regular visitor on the Damen Verolme, former Keppel Verolme, former Verolme yard.
          DonT know if it's for repairs ,maintenance or refitting for a new project.
          This is the first time she is moored at the Maasvlakte. Even seen her ones at the Heerema plant.

I haf seen it too, at the Keppel Verolme tard they were dooing that, to high maybe for placing stairs.
          I have told that story also here, they lifted me that way on a vessel at the Blohm und Voss yard in Hamburg to a docking vessel for a floating drydock.
          Not used by the way they do that, i got a weird feeling in my bally.

Thanks for sharing these interesting images, and details of one massive construction.

I bet you have many fond and fun memories from this one, ombugge.

I wouldn't want to be lifted in any basket by any crane - I have become worse and worse when it comes to scare of height.
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
          Thanks for sharing these interesting images, and details of one massive construction.
          tuesday eve i was there at the time she sails away from Rotterdam, but have to sort the images for what i use
          best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
          X