Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best regards Thijs

Comment

what are thos blocks at the side Ombugge?
      shock bellows?
      best regards Thijs

Comment

• ombugge
        ombugge commented
        Editing a comment
        Fenders that can be adjusted to suite different drafts and different barges alongside.

best regards Thijs

Comment

She still looks to be in good nick after >30 years in operation. I worked with her in 1989, before Micoperi went belly up.

PS> I always remember when arriving on board outside Stavanger, being lifted by one of the main crane in a basket from a small boat and landed on the helideck. People pay money for such thing in amusement parks.

Comment

• janihudi
          janihudi commented
          Editing a comment
          She is a regular visitor on the Damen Verolme, former Keppel Verolme, former Verolme yard.
          DonT know if it's for repairs ,maintenance or refitting for a new project.
          This is the first time she is moored at the Maasvlakte. Even seen her ones at the Heerema plant.

I haf seen it too, at the Keppel Verolme tard they were dooing that, to high maybe for placing stairs.
          I have told that story also here, they lifted me that way on a vessel at the Blohm und Voss yard in Hamburg to a docking vessel for a floating drydock.
          Not used by the way they do that, i got a weird feeling in my bally.

Thanks for sharing these interesting images, and details of one massive construction.

I bet you have many fond and fun memories from this one, ombugge.

I wouldn't want to be lifted in any basket by any crane - I have become worse and worse when it comes to scare of height.
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Working...
        X