• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floating cranes and other lifting ships

Chinese Crane Barge "Da Li Hao" under repair in Singapore today:

"Big Rig" on Da Li Hao, 2.500 m.t. SWL:

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
    Stunning SWL of 2500 M.T.! WAOW... that is impressive!
    Impressive?? I'll give you impressive. This is the worlds biggest Crane Vessel, SSCV "Thialf", 2 x 7,100 m.t. revolving cranes for a combined capacity of 14,200 m.t.:

But it does NOT hold the world record for offshore lifting. That still belong to Saipem 7000 at 12,150 m.t..

Here is Saipem 7000, ex Micoperi 7000:

(This image has been shown earlier in this thread)

More about Crane Vessels on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crane_vessel
    But they have forgotten about Chinese Crane Vessels and Barges, of which there are several, the biggest able to lift 5,000 m.t.

Comment

Floating cranes and other lifting ships

may there allready a thread for this,then replace this plaese,can`t find something for this.

the "THIALF" ,the biggest craneship of the world

a hook

regards thijs
      Last edited by janihudi; October 24th, 2009, 23:15.
      best regards Thijs

Comment

TAKLIFT 6 and the heavy lift carrier/barge/ponton GIANT 3

the " SVANEN

Last edited by janihudi; October 24th, 2009, 23:34.
        best regards Thijs

Comment

Thank you for the great pictures.

Comment

I have been posting pics of Crane Vessels and heavy lifting on another thread, incl. SSCV Thialf a couple of days ago.

Since we now have a special thread for such things, maybe those should be moved here to stay more in line on the Supply Vessel thread?

The same goes for other posts I have made on that thread, which doesn't fit the title, like pictures of rigs, towage operations and offshore fields etc.

Maybe collect all Offshore Oil & Gas related posts under one group, or thread?

The Administrator may decide.

Comment

oke thanks ombugge,i have only look at the threads and found nothing to it,
              and came only home on monday, so i havend seen your pics.

but i havend put the link between them as a oil supply vessel
              best regards Thijs

Comment

(I have copied some of the posts from the supply ship thread to this new thread, so now, we have a dedicated place for this monsters of the seas).

For that crane vessel THIALF: she is ginormous.... the scale of her, the size, the immense technology that has been stretched to complete her is quite astonishing.

Makes me wonder, whether we will see something bigger in the future or whether this is as far as technology and economics will ever push it.
                With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                  For that crane vessel THIALF: she is ginormous.... the scale of her, the size, the immense technology that has been stretched to complete her is quite astonishing.

Makes me wonder, whether we will see something bigger in the future or whether this is as far as technology and economics will ever push it.
                  Heerema just cancelled plans to build the next generation SSCV with even bigger lifting capacity and able to work in the Arctic. When the market picks up again they will probably dust off that project. (Sorry, I don't know details)

As said earlier, the Offshore Oil & Gas related posts starts to be quite numerous and may deserve it's own group, or at least one or more thread to separate Supply Vessels, which is already a wide spectrum, from other types of vessels, rigs and installations used in the offshore industry, incl. Marine Operations and other items presently all thrown together.
                  I know, I'm the biggest sinner here.

Comment

the taklift 6

best regards Thijs

Comment

the "gps atlas"

the "ajax"

so sad that the cranes where not laying on the other side of the port
                      best regards Thijs

Comment

Is the cocpit on GPS Atlas or a tug behind her? It looks like she is self propelled.

Thank you for the pictures.

Comment

Here is Tak Lift 6's bigger sister: Asian Hercules, 1600 m.t SWL:

Heading towards McDermott's Fabrication yard at Batam:

I don't know what she was going to lift as I was not involved. It couldn't be this big jacket, that is for sure.
                          The two big tall Mobile Cranes seen here can lift 500 t. each.

Her she is, lifting something. (I was too far away to see what):

Comment

Another kind of Crane Barge seen at Batam a few days ago:

This is McDermott's Derrick/Lay barge "KP 1" I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
                              Is the cocpit on GPS Atlas or a tug behind her? It looks like she is self propelled.

the cocpit is on the cranebarge,i don't know if she is self propelled,but every cranebarge has a engine for the crane,the most smaller cranes that i see in the port are towed
                              best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                              X