• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pakarang
    started a topic Ship Spotters and Maritime Image Thread

Ship Spotters and Maritime Image Thread

Ship Spotters and Maritime Image Thread

In this sticky thread I'm inviting all of you that works, lives or travels by or at sea to share your nautical themed pictures.

The pictures can be from life on board, special moments or events, beautiful sunsets or just simply daily life.

Any pictures that stands out from your collection and can be related to the oceans (or sea) in one way or another.

Hoping to see many interesting images in the future.

Thank you for posting!

PS: This is intended for single images, if you have a collection of images from the same event or similar event, please feel free to create your own thread to share them and their story.

• pakarang
    replied
    Originally posted by Azimut View Post
    "Polarsyssel" south Tromsø strait saturday evening.
    She is finished with the assignment for the Governor of Svalbard for season 2017.

I know the Captain of that ship - the brother of my own navigator, and my class-mate many years back.

Will try to pass on a link to this page so that he can see himself.

Leave a comment:

• Azimut
    replied
    "Kystbunker II" north Tromsø strait this morning.

Leave a comment:

• Azimut
    replied
    Dredging vessel "Gerd Stensen" north Tromsø strait this afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• Azimut
    replied
    "Polarsyssel" south Tromsø strait saturday evening.
    She is finished with the assignment for the Governor of Svalbard for season 2017.

Last edited by Azimut; November 29th, 2017, 18:34.

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    You have seen Container ship of all sizes here in this thread, but here is some info on how they have evolved over the few decades since they first appeared:
    https://maritimecyprus.com/2017/11/1...ip-per-decade/

In 2017 the first Ultra Large Container ships over 22000 TEUs has arrived and even larger has been ordered for delivery in the next couple of years:
    http://gcaptain.com/new-generation-m...eid=4674ba0fbe

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Good capture as usual, Azimut... !

Wilson does indeed have a big fleet of ships. I often see them down here in my parts as well.

Leave a comment:

• Azimut
    replied
    "Wilson North" came from Stjernøya (Finnmark county) this morning loaded with nefelin.
    She had a short stay at the anchorage in the Tromsø strait before continuing to Gdansk.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    YAMATO... they have certainly picked a very strong historical name for their vessel!

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Orange russian ZAPOLYARNYY with YAMATO in the background at Freifjorden 1 Anchorage today
    SSL24199-1509224387655 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    ''msc altamira'' inbound for Rotterdam

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    ''a la marine'' inbound for Rotterdam

Leave a comment:

• Azimut
    replied
    I read that "Stril Polar" owned and operated by Simon Møkster Shipping AS was the first Norwegian offshore vessel to receive Polar Code Certification after the new code
    This occurred on 25.11.2016

Facts
    Polar code

-Rules for ships operating in the Arctic and Antarctica. For Norway, the area around Svalbard and Bjørnøya is covered by the code.

-For new ships, the rules will come into effect already at the entrance to 2017. Other vessels have a deadline until 1 January 2018.

-Norway has led IMO's work with the Polar Code, which consists of a safety component and an environmental component.

-The safety section requires suitable rescue equipment, polar certificate and crew training.

-The rules are enforced by each flag state.

-Norway can check the ships of other countries when arriving at Norwegian ports (port state control).

Source: Ministry of Food and Fisheries

Leave a comment:

Working...
X