• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pakarang
    started a topic Ship Spotters and Maritime Image Thread

Ship Spotters and Maritime Image Thread

Ship Spotters and Maritime Image Thread

In this sticky thread I'm inviting all of you that works, lives or travels by or at sea to share your nautical themed pictures.

The pictures can be from life on board, special moments or events, beautiful sunsets or just simply daily life.

Any pictures that stands out from your collection and can be related to the oceans (or sea) in one way or another.

Hoping to see many interesting images in the future.

Thank you for posting!

PS: This is intended for single images, if you have a collection of images from the same event or similar event, please feel free to create your own thread to share them and their story.

• wherrygirl
    commented on 's reply
    You mean yacht with a capital Y, I expect. I thought that half the fun of a 2-3 person yacht was leaning backwards over the side, oilskin skimming the waves and in danger of being swamped by spray at any minute - or being the first to drown after capsizing!

• ombugge
    commented on 's reply
    There are 10 small Cruise ships with X-Bow on order in China. (4 already confirmed and 6 options expected to be called soon)
    Unfortunately none of those confirmed are likely to be trading in Europe, at least initially.
    PS> The first yacht with X-Bow is almost completed and will probably be around soon.

• wherrygirl
    commented on 's reply
    Ah, yes, I see.
    By the way, that site says the first cruise liners with an x-bow will start operating from 2019. Stand by with the cameras!

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    Don't know if this is a real x-bow.
    An x- bow has a curvy bow line, this one have sharp lines. There are several vessels of that shipping company.

• wherrygirl
    replied
    Wanting to know more about this x-bow I Googled around and found this:
    https://ulstein.com/innovations/x-bow
    They all went overboard about it. (sorry about the unintentional pun, it's just a common English expression of pleasure!)
    I agree it's not exactly beautiful .

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    Don't like the X-bow and this is ever worse.
    The Captain don't like it eather.
    For the looks and how it sails, in the waves.buyancy and stability

• pakarang
    replied
    A different kind of x-bow... with sharper edges and topped with a wave breaker.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    ''UAL TEXAS'' inbound for Amsterdam, near the locks of IJmuiden

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Nice photo of Samskip Frost!

One thing that I like with that ship, is that she have "barter" at the bow (literally a mustachios).... I mean the white triple-lines all the way at the bow.

Leave a comment:

• DS Lyngen
    replied
    Samskip Frost south Tromsø strait this morning.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    wow ,a lot of vessels in there fleet.
    also 2 samskip container vessels

• wherrygirl
    commented on 's reply
    Ouch! Must do better, Ombugge.

• pakarang
    replied
    For some reason, I've always thought Wilson was a Dutch company, but as far as I can see on the net, they are a Norwegian company with 70 years of operation.

Impressive fleet too: https://www.wilsonship.no/en/fleet

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X