Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Makes perfect sense....on BOTH comments!!!

Comment

...very impressive video! How fast this was...
      Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

The same effect as taking a bathingball between your hands and bring it a meter or so under water when in a pool.
        When you release your grip on the ball, be sure to keep your face away...., because that ball will be a rocket.

Trapped air when forced under water have tremendous power...
        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

I've delivered pictures of "Viking Athene" before...., I know...., but it is something I can't put my finger on when it comes to the design of this vessel. I like it alot! Maybe it got something to do with her appearing strong and "standing tall"....? I don't know, here's another picture taken in Kristiansund this afternoon....

©S. Ludvigsen

Comment

She does indeed appear very 'sturdy and strong' and she got a pleasant design, even though it is a bit bulky. Sometimes, it just works very well, I agree.
            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
            Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
            Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

"Svanaug Elise"

She is on her way from Tromsø this afternoon up to Barentz sea to catch capelin.
              Last edited by Azimut; February 23rd, 2009, 20:31.
              Best wishes from
              Bengt Domben

Comment

"Krossfjord"

"Krossfjord" on her way from Tromsø to catch capelin in Barentz sea.
                Best wishes from
                Bengt Domben

Comment

"Svartfoss" on her way into the pier at Tromsø on sunday 22.02.2009

Build No. 136 From Vaagland ship Yard,Norway
                  FOR EGIL Ulvan AS, TRONDHEIM

Saturday 12 November 2005 delivered Vaagland Yard AS its settlers No. 136 "Kristian With" to Egil Ulvan Rederi AS. The vessel was sold shortly after delivery to Eimskip in Iceland and changed its name to "Svartfoss." It is the first of two vessels that Vaagland Yard AS build. The vessels, which are completely identical, are designed by Multi Maritime in Forde, in close cooperation with Egil Ulvan Rederi AS. The second vessel "Storfoss" was delivered in november 2006.

Custom Built

The vessel is specially built as container-/reef.ship and is 80m long. Type is MM 80 Reef. It is built to Class DNV + IAI, Reef (-27 º C / 32 º C sea). Container, Ice-C, E0. The hull is built in Poland.

Large capacity

The vessel has a large freezer and container capacity. Freezing machinery is provided by York Marine Aps, Denmark. The freezing compartment is on the 1730 square and the volume is for 4345 cubic meters. Container capacity is 28x40 feet, plus 4 x 20 feet container.

Machinery
                  The vessel is equipped with a diesel engine from the B & W MAN at 3060 kW. Test drive the speed was measured at 17.8 knots.

Interior

The vessel is designed for 11 people, with 1-person cabins with associated BATHROOM mm

Electronics

The vessel is equipped with the last of electronics for navigation and communications.

Main Data

Length o.ä. 79.90 m
                  Length p.p. 74.60 m
                  Width 16.00 m
                  Draft the outline sh.dk. 9.10 m
                  Depth 6.00 m
                  Gross Tonnage 2990 t
                  Net Tonnage 1332 t
                  Deadweight 2,737 t
                  Freezer room 4345 m3
                  Fuel oil 303 m3
                  Fresh water 52 m3
                  Ballast 1090 m3

All information from: http://www.vaagland.no/verftet.htm
                  Last edited by Azimut; February 23rd, 2009, 21:38.
                  Best wishes from
                  Bengt Domben

Comment

Great captures from Tromso...

I wonder though, why this vessel, Svartfoss, often when I see her, she has a significant forward trim...

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                      Great captures from Tromso...

I wonder though, why this vessel, Svartfoss, often when I see her, she has a significant forward trim...
                      More and less every time she or her sister ship is sailing by they have forward trim.But even though they have this forward trim, they are going with a service speed between 15.5 - 16.5 knots.But it look's a bit odd,because its seldom to se this two ships at even keel.I have seen her fully loaded many times,but still she has big forward trim.I wonder if this is a economic way to sail
                      Best wishes from
                      Bengt Domben

Comment

I spotted this cruise ship heading throught the Miraflores Locks today.

http://webcams.pancanal.com/common/p...iraflores.html

Comment

Originally posted by Asimut View Post
                          More and less every time she or her sister ship is sailing by they have forward trim.But even though they have this forward trim, they are going with a service speed between 15.5 - 16.5 knots.But it look's a bit odd,because its seldom to se this two ships at even keel.I have seen her fully loaded many times,but still she has big forward trim.I wonder if this is a economic way to sail
                          Some ships does indeed produce better speeds at forward trim, but it is quite unusual I think. The only other ship I can think of sailing better at forward trim, was the Leeward of Norwegian Cruise Line: she sailed best at 1.05 meter forward trim because the water slipped better away from the stern then (she had a very unusual design beneath the water line and aft trim created additional drag aft of the ship).

pilotdane: thanks for the Panama Canal capture of today: I think it looks like one of the Silver Seas - ships...: could it be the Silver Shadow maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                            could it be the Silver Shadow maybe?
                            ooh, my friend is the head sommelier on Shadow....

Comment

sommelier
                              For those in favour of beer out there (me included), a sommelier is someone who knows his/her wines....

EDIT: By the way, "Silver Shadow" was last seen in the Panama Canal according to my info, so that might most certainly be her...
                              Last edited by Sterkoder; February 24th, 2009, 01:11.

Comment

"Libas" on her way in Tromsøysundet this morning.She is loaded with 900 tons of capelin fishing in the Barenz sea close to the Russian border.
                                The ship is heading to Sommarøy(outside of Tromsø) for delivery.

A few minutes later "Harvest" went by Tromsøysundet with 750 tons of capelin.Destination Måløy/Florø.

Last edited by Azimut; February 25th, 2009, 19:28.
                                Best wishes from
                                Bengt Domben

Comment

Working...
                                X