Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wonderful photos, Svein!!! Makes me want to kick myself to show y'all Tennille and Sandersville. But there's nothing nearly so interesting and charming here in Middle-Of-Nowhere.......

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
      wonderful photos, Svein!!! Makes me want to kick myself to show y'all Tennille and Sandersville. But there's nothing nearly so interesting and charming here in Middle-Of-Nowhere.......
      I'm sure it's in interrest for someone
      "I may not be able to control the wind, but I can adjust my sails."

Enthusiastically regards
      Torbjørn Nybø

Comment

You think your place is not interesting because you live there and you've looked yourself blind on the surroundings.
        I'm sure there's something worth showing to the rest of us.
        How about the architecture, special cars, trucks/road trains on truck stops, there might be a railway in your area (there are many train-geeks out here you know)....?, or how about the Kaolin Airfield, there must be something there for a pilot and planespotter like me....? I love the design of old U.S. buses of the 1930-40- and 50's, if you got any of them around somewhere....
        And what about the nature itself....., and ranches and farms....?

You know, there are several things facinating to us coastal people....

And thanks for the comment on my pictures!!
        Last edited by Sterkoder; February 1st, 2009, 00:16.
        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Thank you Sterkoder for the great pictures. I really love the look of the North Sea work boats.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
            there might be a railway in your area (there are many train-geeks out here you know)....?
            Ok, Svein--you must have googled Sandersville (haha) to know about the Kaolin airfield. My friends keep their planes out there, and the BIG recent development is that we can sell jetfuel there....pay at the pump!!!!

Well, you are right about the railroad--the Sandersville Railroad (all 42 miles of it) is the most profitable privately owned railroad in the world. As a matter of fact, I asked my friend's permanent permission to take photographs of the SRR just a couple of weeks ago...and he said "of course"--now just have to get out and DO it. They were replacing railroad ties with this really cool machine that lifts the rails up just enough so the tracks don't have to be taken apart.....

You're right...it's all boring to me, but won't be to y'all........now if I can just get them to paint some engines red for the photos this month........

Comment

See....!? You're right, it's just going out there and take some pictures.... To take a picture takes from 1/1000 to 1/500 of a second, so it's not that we don't have the time to do it...

You know, that's why we're here, to inspire eachother, learn from eachother and sometimes give eachother a gently kick in the butt to get out there and give something to the other members....., or how I shall put it.....

I would love to see some snapshots from the airfield, Elizabeth....., general overview, the airplanes, hangar, inside the hangar and more!

you must have googled Sandersville (haha) to know about the Kaolin airfield
              Well..., I've lived and flown around in Florida and parts of Georgia for almost a year, so don't count on it....
              Last edited by Sterkoder; February 1st, 2009, 02:09.

Comment

Back on track again, here is another image which I don't think I have posted before: it was taken back on January 11th 2009 and shows Gunnar Langva coming in Nærøysundet to Rørvik from a stormy Folla during a day of storm-tides:

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                  Here is a fishing vessel that passed Rorvik heading northwards today: Gunnar Langva:

I think you posted it 3 weeks ago But it is a great looking fishing vessel from my town
                  "I may not be able to control the wind, but I can adjust my sails."

Enthusiastically regards
                  Torbjørn Nybø

Comment

Second image this time, an image of the northbound stand by vessel Havila Mercury taken on January 14th 2009 at Nærøysundet:

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by TNAalesund View Post
                      I think you posted it 3 weeks ago But it is a great looking fishing vessel from my town
                      Oh yes, I just realized that I did....

Comment

Back on track again,

yes, daddy....

Comment

she is pretty, though...what does she do????

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
                            she is pretty, though...what does she do????
                            Apart from the great girlie ( ) comment, she is a trawler and catches large amounts of fish by trawling the oceans with big nets.

Here is another vessel of the coast, Karmsund arriving at Ålesund on January 22nd 2009:

Comment

Apart from the great girlie ( ) comment, she is a trawler and catches large amounts of fish by trawling the oceans with big nets.
                              Well, if you're glad I'm a girl, you gotta be glad I make girlie comments!! Ok, so I should have said she was "fair" and I meant..what KIND of FISH does she catch.? I knew she was a fishin' boat (just trying to get you to use your redneck lingo, Captain!!")

Comment

Remember the loaded cargo vessel "Bulk Star" on Kr-sund harbour from page 9 in this thread...?

The picture was taken saturday 31st January, and today, at 2:50 PM she vanished from the face of the earth as she sank west of Frøya. The reason behind the sinking is unknown, but at 12:50PM the crew reported a leekage of some kind.
                                The crew of 4 were saved by the SAR-vessel "Askerbæringen".

Did I take the very last picture of this vessel....? Hmmmmm....

©S. Ludvigsen
                                Last edited by Sterkoder; February 9th, 2009, 20:28.

Comment

Working...
                                X