Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is Ødegaard's tug "Max Mammut". You can also see "Multi Mammut" in the background.

"I may not be able to control the wind, but I can adjust my sails."

Enthusiastically regards
    Torbjørn Nybø

Comment

"Max Mammut"

Enthusiastically regards
      Torbjørn Nybø

Comment

"Max Mammut" and "Multi Mammut".

Enthusiastically regards
        Torbjørn Nybø

Comment

The "concrete box" on your pictures there, is that the city hall...?
          And if so: how in heavens name was it possible to erect such a city hall in a beautiful jugend city like Ålesund...?
          "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

"Fiskebas" surrounded with a couple of seagulls.

Enthusiastically regards
            Torbjørn Nybø

Comment

An old tug called "Rond", docked at the old Liaaen shipyard.

Enthusiastically regards
              Torbjørn Nybø

Comment

Maybe Sterkoder know this ship "Freitind" of Kristiansund. With "Tideexpress" in front.

Enthusiastically regards
                Torbjørn Nybø

Comment

Maybe Sterkoder know this ship "Freitind" of Kristiansund.
                  Oh yes...., built in 1970 by the danish Ørskov Christensens Staalskibs A.S, this one is owned and operated by Frei Frakt AS.
                  And if any other member seems to have seen this ship before, but can't quite recall..., her ex-names is:

Carl Jacob 1974
                  Stenfoss 1992
                  Herøy 1998
                  Harding Falcon 2000
                  Eikenes 2006
                  Imperator 2007

In addition, she was lengthened in 2001, if anyone remember her shorter...

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                    The "concrete box" on your pictures there, is that the city hall...?
                    And if so: how in heavens name was it possible to erect such a city hall in a beautiful jugend city like Ålesund...?
                    Yes, that is the city hall...
                    I once read in the FHM magazine, they where listing up the 20 ugliest things in the world, and the City hall in Ålesund was ranked at 14. place...
                    They called it a cancer tumour in this beatiful city..

Enthusiastically regards
                    Torbjørn Nybø

Comment

They called it a cancer tumour in this beatiful city..
                      Not only a tumour I would say, but a tumour of the bad, bad lethal kind...!

(I apologize to anyone here eventually with cancer in their amidst, this was only a figure of speach...).

Comment

Oh yes...., built in 1970 by the danish Ørskov Christensens Staalskibs A.S, this one is owned and operated by Frei Frakt AS.
                        And if any other member seems to have seen this ship before, but can't quite recall..., her ex-names is:

Carl Jacob 1974
                        Stenfoss 1992
                        Herøy 1998
                        Harding Falcon 2000
                        Eikenes 2006
                        Imperator 2007

In addition, she was lengthened in 2001, if anyone remember her shorter...

Thanks for the info, Sterkoder

Do you know anything about the tug "Rond" on the picture above as well?

Enthusiastically regards
                        Torbjørn Nybø

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
                          Svein--to me, landlocked here in Georgia--they mean the WORLD!!!!!! I think they are fabulous and if I had a big screen tv, I would find a way to project them so that I could pretend I was near the sea...........

Thank you for taking the time to photograph what you think are just plain old ships....they are a lifeline!!!!!!!!!!
                          Thank you..., thank you...!!

Don't be alarmed...., I'll keep on uploading pictures of all kinds.
                          It's just that I have so high expectations to my own work, and some of my pictures are on the edge of the envelope...., so to speak....
                          My camera and lense are all ok, but the lense and optics depend highly on enough light.
                          Therefore, some of my pictures taken in the hours between good daylight and early afternoon darkness are a bit grainy....

As for myself, I could well be living inland for a while, but after some days...., or weeks, if necessary, I have to have eyesight to the sea...., not water...., the sea and ocean itself!
                          Otherwise, I could get into a bad mood. I guess this is the case for all of the coastal humans around the globe..., or what do you say, Torbjørn, Jan-Olav, 'azimut', 'Harald Jarl' and others...??

Comment

Do you know anything about the tug "Rond" on the picture above as well?
                            Well...., yes, in fact I do....

"Rond" was built in 1955 by Glommens Mek. Verksted AS in Fredrikstad.
                            She's 22,8 m. long, 4,8 m. wide, has a 300 HP Wickmann engine and she's registered to the owner Elias Henning Sætre in Ålesund.
                            Her bullard pull is 5 tonnes.

Another small just nice to know info: she uses 48 l/hr of fuel at 9,5 knots....
                            Last edited by Sterkoder; January 19th, 2009, 00:50.

Comment

Well...., yes, in fact I do....
                              I'm not surprised

Thank you very much.

Enthusiastically regards
                              Torbjørn Nybø

Comment

Originally posted by TNAalesund View Post
                                I'm not surprised

Thank you very much.
                                All you guys out there have to do is just ask....
                                My info is free of charge for you all to use

Glad to be of any help, if I can....

Comment

Working...
                                X