Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a fishing vessel that passed Rorvik heading northwards today: Gunnar Langva:

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
    Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
    Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Together with "Libas" this must be one of the most wonderful fishing vessels in the country......, in MY opinion anyway.
      (But what in the world is it with fishing vessels and stripes....????????)
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
        Good question indeed... you probably also remember our former Nordnorge and her bow-mustache (stripes)! She was so lovely, so different than her sisters, just because of the stripes painted onto the bow.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Together with "Libas" this must be one of the most wonderful fishing vessels in the country......, in MY opinion anyway.
          Hmmm.. Looks familiar..

It is also one of the largest fishing vessels. It had the record of herring fishing until October 2008 with 850 tonns in one catch. In October the record was beaten by RAV with 920 tonns...
          "I may not be able to control the wind, but I can adjust my sails."

Enthusiastically regards
          Torbjørn Nybø

Comment

Nothing much to report from Kristiansund this afternoon, but anyway, here's a picture taken just now showing "Normand Ferking" nearest, then "Skandi Foula" behind and far back "Skandi Captain"

Photo: ©S. Ludvigsen

Comment

Puh...., try again (I forgot, and placed 7 images in one post....).

My images are not increadible as stated in the thread heading, but an hours drive around in Kristiansund and Frei gave the following result:

"Normand Ferking" is still around

As is "Viking Athene" after a short roundtrip out in the ocean to serve different installations

And at least I spotted a new vessel for me, "Far Seeker" at dock nr. 8 at Vestbase

Comment

Then I drove to the south side of the island Frei, and managed to zoom in "Mekhanik Kraskovskiy" at anchor waiting for a dock space in Sunndal

Also at anchor a nautical mile east of her was the greek cargoship "Danae", loaded with aluminium from Sunndal and waiting for her pilotservices at 03:00 AM the coming night.
                She's 225 meters long an has a gross tonnage of 40.622

The two together from a different angle. This is the official anchoring place for ships of all kinds waiting for dock space, waiting for pilot services or waiting for their turn at the pumps out at the oil- and gasfields (tankers).
                This is the spot to visit if tired and sick of offshore vessels.
                (Did I ever mention my eager to get a decent camera with a good all-round lense...!!!!????!!!?).

All photos: ©S. Ludvigsen
                Last edited by Sterkoder; January 19th, 2009, 00:30.

Comment

Love the 'dead-on' Normand Feking shot! Awesome that you managed to get her in the center line... nice job.

The ship in front looks like she is docked very close, but naturally, it may just be the effect of the zoom!

Your images should really have their own thread, don't you think? I think they deserve so: a thread for shipping in and around Kristiansund as reported by Sterkoder..

Comment

Thank you!!

Well, they are actually docked 10-15 meters apart, so it's the zoom this time.

My own thread...., it's all up to you. We also have "This is Kristiansund" if that might be suitable.
                    I'm also quite comfy with posting ship-pictures here, although they might not allways be so increadible...

We can also do something else, just like on the norwegian forum and their "Skipsloggen"...., make a thread here at CV called "Harbours around the world" or something like that, where we can post quite ordinary pictures taken to sort of report the traffic from day to day or week by week...., if you get my point....?

Comment

My own thread...., it's all up to you. We also have "This is Kristiansund" if that might be suitable.
                      I like the thought of your own place to report... you could have it here in the General Maritime Section and call it something like ... ehhh.... Maritime traffic and ships in and around Kristiansund, Norway.

That is the least you deserve!

Comment

Okidoki. If ok with everybody else, that's the way it's gonna be...

Comment

Puh...., try again (I forgot, and placed 7 images in one post....).

My images are not increadible as stated in the thread heading
                          Svein--to me, landlocked here in Georgia--they mean the WORLD!!!!!! I think they are fabulous and if I had a big screen tv, I would find a way to project them so that I could pretend I was near the sea...........

Thank you for taking the time to photograph what you think are just plain old ships....they are a lifeline!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Here are some pictures of the maritime traffic and ships in and around Ålesund

Captured today 18.01.09

The first picture are of "Western Endeavour" and "Arctic Challange" of Dublin.

Enthusiastically regards
                            Torbjørn Nybø

Comment

In the next one you can also see "Bjørkhaug" and "Stormfuglen".

Enthusiastically regards
                              Torbjørn Nybø

Comment

Up front.

Enthusiastically regards
                                Torbjørn Nybø

Comment

Working...
                                X