Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

''amundsen spirit'' outbound from Rotterdam.

best regards Thijs

Comment

''Serenea'' inbound for rotterdam

best regards Thijs

Comment

• pakarang
        pakarang commented
        Editing a comment
        OH, heck - that is a LONG ship... had to go online to see her length.

317.536 deadweight crude oil tanker with a LOA of 496 meters! That is one long ship! She is new too, built in 2013.

• janihudi
        janihudi commented
        Editing a comment
        I hardly ever search for info about the vessels. So didn't kmew her lenght.
        Bit i'm surprised aswel about her lenght.

• ombugge
        ombugge commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't know where you were looking. Hereis the actual specs:
        http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/...hp?lid=2828220

''Barents'' inbound for Rotterdam

best regards Thijs

Comment

• pakarang
        pakarang commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, Thijs.... you read Russian too?

LOL

You got a great place to take pictures of the ships - with no disturbing background issues, just lots of nice blue seas in the background!

• janihudi
        janihudi commented
        Editing a comment
        The only russian language i can read is when it stands on vessels.
        By looking at the marine traffic ais. There stands the name.too in " normal" letters.
        I always look at it of it's worth to wait there. If the ais is empty ,i'm gone.
        But on the smaller vessel is surprise surprise, the name smaller.
        By looking at the ais i can see the name of it.

But this is the only free angle.
        A little more to the right and the breakwater shows up in the image.

Another point is that it's far away.
        I use mostly here the 200mm lence.
        Until a big vessel apears, for the side image i go back to the Standard lence

A new gravel ship "Geir Tore H" in service for the owner Seaworks located in Harstad.

Best wishes from
      Bengt Domben

Comment

I need a load of gravel under my balcony but I guess the ship won't make it up to Risvollan(!?)

Great looking ships - looks like the gravel business goes well.
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Swedish ship "Malmø" had a stop in Tromsø before she continued her voyage up to Longyearbyen this morning.
          Typical spring weather here north, some snow in the air.

Best wishes from
          Bengt Domben

Comment

The Coastal Administration ship "OV Bøkfjord" inbound to Tromsø this afternoon.
            After checking / replacing sailing marks during the week, they take a little off until monday morning.

Best wishes from
            Bengt Domben

Comment

Originally posted by Azimut View Post
              Swedish ship "Malmø" had a stop in Tromsø before she continued her voyage up to Longyearbyen this morning.
              Typical spring weather here north, some snow in the air.

Really charming vessel, this one. I have seen her and her sister which I think might have been called Stockholm(?).

When it comes to the weather - I'm so sick and tired of the snow, and this weekend, I think we might get our very last sniff of sub-zero temperatures during night time. After that, I doubt snow will return here.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

The Coastal Administration ship "OV Bøkfjord" inbound to Tromsø this afternoon.
                After checking / replacing sailing marks during the week, they take a little off until monday morning.

Kystverket is a nice place to work, I've heard from many. I once or twice applied for jobs there, but never got accepted. They have a decent salary and weekends off (in port somewhere).

And as if that it not enough, they have a very meaningful and important job to do.

BTW, is there a pick-up truck up on the bow, or are my eyes playing me a trick?

Comment

Yes there is a pick-up truck up on the bow,so your eyes is in perfect condition.
                  Best wishes from
                  Bengt Domben

Comment

Yes there is a pick-up truck up on the bow,so your eyes is in perfect condition.
                    Good to know - just had my medical certificate updated for the next two years.

I don't know this ship too well, but from your image, I think she has some kind of "ferry-bow" or ramp in the bow.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post

Kystverket is a nice place to work, I've heard from many. I once or twice applied for jobs there, but never got accepted. They have a decent salary and weekends off (in port somewhere).

And as if that it not enough, they have a very meaningful and important job to do.
                      You just about HAVE to be from Dalsfjord to work on those boats: http://www.kystverket.no/Nyheter/201...-i-nye-lokale/

I posted some picture of the OV Bokfjord during naming ceremony in Nov. 2016:
                      http://www.captainsvoyage-forum.com/...thread/page294

Comment

"Sjøveien" (PA) (meaning the Seaway) was built in Bergen in 1964 for the Norwegian Government and she worked for them in various capacities. From 1979 until 1995 she was used as a training ship for mariners. Since 1995 she has been in private ownership and during the many years since, worked for the Norwegian coast guard. After being a hotel ship for the past few years, she has now been refurbished into a classic and exclusive passenger ship and started her career in Svalbard the summer of 2017.

BTW:After a few hours at the dock in Tromsø this afternoon they set the course for Longyearbyen.

Inbound to Tromsø this afternoon.

Last edited by Azimut; April 29th, 2018, 19:30.
                        Best wishes from
                        Bengt Domben

Comment

nina 1 outbound from Rotterdam

best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                            Really charming vessel, this one. I have seen her and her sister which I think might have been called Stockholm(?).
                            There are four Swedish explorer ships operating around Svalbard

"Origo" and "Freya" departed from Tromsø already 13.03
                            "Malmø" is on her way up to Longyearbyen.
                            "Stockholm" is on a trip from Oban to Bergen and will continues further north to Longyearbyen eventually.

All these ship has been sailing around Svalbard for many years now.
                            Best wishes from
                            Bengt Domben

Comment

Working...
                            X