Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am going to have some explaining to do to my family......
    If you are half as crazy about ships, boats, shipping and so forth as I am....., be assured...., you're family already know....
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
      If you are half as crazy about ships, boats, shipping and so forth as I am....., be assured...., you're family already know....
      They just roll their eyes and say "she's on Jan-Olav's website again!!!"

Comment

Back on track with an image of a coastal freighter called Folla which I think is doing service for a company called Biomar (fish farm feeding company?): seen arriving at Rorvik an afternoon just before Christmas.

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
        Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
        Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Back on track
          Sorry, Sir!! I guess we were cought by the joy and happyness of the holidays...

By the way;
          Nice picture of "Folla". She's a general cargo/pallet carrier owned by Folla Sjøtransport AS in Rørvik. Formar name was "Hardangerfjord" and she's yardnr. 106 from Th. Hellesøy Skipsbyggeri in 1982....;-)
          Last edited by Sterkoder; December 29th, 2008, 16:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
            Sorry, Sir!! I guess we were cought by the joy and happyness of the holidays...

By the way;
            Nice picture of "Folla". She's a general cargo/pallet carrier owned by Folla Sjøtransport AS in Rørvik. Formar name was "Hardangerfjord" and she's yardnr. 106 from Th. Hellesøy Skipsbyggeri in 1982....;-)
            No problem at all...

Ummm... thanks for the information on Folla: I guess this is not the same Folla as before (as in 10 - 15 years ago) then? Do you happen to know when she changed her name from Hardangerfjord to Folla?

I thought this was the famous Folla which assisted Narvik when she ran aground back in 1997/98 some time....

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Thank you for the tugboat pic. I needed my monthy tug fix.

Comment

Do you happen to know when she changed her name from Hardangerfjord to Folla?
                My info says 1994, when she also had a rebuilt. Don't know how she looked before that though...

Comment

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
                  Thank you for the tugboat pic. I needed my monthy tug fix.
                  My pleasure!!!
                  I was particularly satisfied with that first one alongside the dock....
                  Special light just after the sun set this time of year.

Comment

Fantastic weather here in Kristiansund today, and as I drove along I spotted a nice little tug by a remote dock.
                    Let me present to you "Oskar" which I belive is from Ålesund...
                    "Oskar" was built at Seutelvens Verksted in Fredrikstad as yardnr. 66 in 1952.
                    Latest:
                    just found out that this little beauty in fact was bought by a chap younger than me, living not far from me, earlier this year.
                    Yes, it sailed with Ålesund as home port before, but now it's new home port is Kristiansund as she's the first vessel of the new company Frei Taubåtservice AS (Frei Tugboat service Ltd.).
                    Thought you might want to get updated on the latest info....

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                      No problem at all...

Ummm... thanks for the information on Folla: I guess this is not the same Folla as before (as in 10 - 15 years ago) then? Do you happen to know when she changed her name from Hardangerfjord to Folla?

I thought this was the famous Folla which assisted Narvik when she ran aground back in 1997/98 some time....
                      Hello Jan-Olav, and happy new year!

The Folla assisting Narvik in 1991 sails now under the name "GG Hunter" She was sold from NTS in 1994 and was then named Utsira and covered the Haugesund - Utsira line.

I had the pleasure traveling with Folla in 1993 when a friend and I was going on a biking trip in Vikna. We traveled with Folla all the way from Trondheim to Rørvik, a 24 hour trip as the ship called at tons of places, big and small, including Namsos. A great trip it was

Comment

Thanks for the info ostafjells... Surprised the year of Narvik's grounding: it seems so much more near in time, but then again: time flies!

Comment

Storfoss in Rorvik December 31st 2008:

Comment

My camera needs much light to deliver pictures to my satisfaction, but anyway...., I drowe out around 1 PM today and despite clouds and some light rain, this is the quality you get from me today:

The tanker "Bitfjord"

"Island Valiant"

"Island Valiant", "Havila Mercury" and "Far Scout" at Devoldholmen

Guard vessel "Vesturland"

All ©S. Ludvigsen

Comment

"Bjørn Senior" leaving town

"Viking Athene" at Sterkoder Yard

"Terneskjær" (ex. Sveafjord)

Tanker "Brøvig Breeze"

All ©S. Ludvigsen

Comment

"Acergy Eagle" at dock 7 at Vestbase Oilfield Service Base

"Viking Queen" at dock 8 same place

"Island Challenger" at dock 5 Vestbase

Finally, "Viking Athene" moved from Sterkoder Yard to dock 2 at Vestbase

All ©S. Ludvigsen

Comment

Working...
                                X