Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cargo vessel KARMSUND arving at Trondheim last year: actually on May 5th 2018:

2018_05_05-EOS5D-Ladehammeren-Karmsund-DJI_0084-ver2 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_05_05-EOS5D-Ladehammeren-Karmsund-DJI_0088-ver2 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_05_05-EOS5D-Ladehammeren-Karmsund-DJI_0090-ver2 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_05_05-EOS5D-Ladehammeren-Karmsund-DJI_0091-ver2 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_05_05-EOS5D-Ladehammeren-Karmsund-DJI_0104-ver2 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

RV "Lance" inbound to Tromsų this afternoon.
      Possibly they are preparing for a trip up to Svalbard or something...

Lance T-83-T by DS Lyngen, on Flickr
      Best wishes from Bengt Domben

Comment

Thank you for sharing Lance with me!

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

RV "Kristine Bonnevie" in the middle of Tromsų strait today in snow showers.

Kristine Bonnevie by DS Lyngen, on Flickr

Comment

"Silver Bergen" at anchor in Tromsų strait today.

Silver Bergen by DS Lyngen, on Flickr

Comment

"Runa" inbound to Tromsų this evening.
              The owner of the boat, Boreal Maritim AS, Skjervųy has assignments from a number of customers, including fish farmers, oil companies, contractors and others.

Runa by DS Lyngen, on Flickr

Comment

''Pacific Reefer'' moored in Flushing Holland

best regards Thijs

Comment

''em corfu'' moored in flushing Holland

best regards Thijs

Comment

''Bal Boan'' ,the former ''Evolution'' moored in Flushing Holland

''Fenja'' moored in Rotterdam

best regards Thijs

Comment

When looking at #4471, I get a Die Hard in New York with Bruce Willis feeling. But that was M/S Tananger.

Anyrate, here's a new one for me, never seen in these waters before, the vehicle carrier CITY of AMSTERDAM.
                      She arrived the Freifjorden 1 Anchorage yesterday evening from Trondheim, and as I took her pictures here, she's on her way to Belgium and Zeebrugge.
                      Just managed to take the pictures as I spotted her when on may way home from work. Took the first one with my 28-105mm, then changed to the 150-450mm.
                      IMGP1170 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​IMGP1171 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr
                      Last edited by Sterkoder; April 2nd, 2019, 20:08.
                      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

• ombugge
                        ombugge commented
                        Editing a comment
                        She is managed by Nissan and has been in the news not too many years ago: http://www.maritimeherald.com/2017/h...at-kiel-canal/
                        I didn't know that there were any major reception area for new cars in Trondheim? (Usually Drammen)
                        Maybe on a different mission this time.

• Sterkoder
                        Sterkoder commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Just saw the damages from the 2017 collision with the container vessel.
                        I'm sure I saw a picture from the harbor area in Trondheim yesterday, it might have been on Facebook, where a quay was filled to maximum with Tesla cars.
                        Maybe they came with this ship?

I have seen this vessel now at least 3 or 4 times in Trondheim over the course of the year so far. I have always wondered why she came here each time, car-carriers are not normal for this port at all.

Firstly, I thought she might be bringing those pesky "metro-busses" to town, but in the past, they were brought here by SeaCargo Express.

I haven't been to the port area for quite some time, but if she is bringing Tesla's to town, I will certainly notice it on local roads.

Comment

RV "Helmer Hanssen" in Tromsų strait earlier today.

RV Helmer Hanssen by DS Lyngen, on Flickr

Comment

Thanks for sharing the new addition.

Just noticed the reefer ships further back as well: those are a type of ships that are getting more rare each day, as everything gets shipped by container for the most part.

Comment

''Pirita'' inbound for Rotterdam

best regards Thijs

Comment

''seatrade white'' moored in Rotterdam

''team adventurer'' moored in Rotterdam, getting anchor changed??

best regards Thijs

Comment

• wherrygirl
                                wherrygirl commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Goodness, for a few moments I had a job deciding whether those derricks were on board Seatrade White or on the quayside! They are onboard, aren't they?
                                You know, whenever you post pics. of ships moored in Rotterdam I think back to the great trips we had around the docks. I do a little jump of delight, that feeling of "Yeah - I know that area, been there!"

• janihudi
                                janihudi commented
                                Editing a comment
                                yes ,those on a angle are ship cranes, used in smaller ports or quays without cranes or from ship to ship container handling
                            Working...
                            X