X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gaelsail View Post
    Now that is quite something

When you say 'exposed coastline' what does that mean? and how many vessels would make a convoy? You have really got me intrigued now .
    Exposed for wind and heavy sea.

How many boats in a convoy - as many as the captain of the NSSR vessel, according to the weather conditions, believe is safe.
    Øistein

If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you...

Comment

On one of my favorite photography forums which I often frequent, until such time our own photo section grows and gets more members ( ), I found these pretty neat ship images...

This is what I mean with incredible maritime images!

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...d.php?t=711397
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Allthough its been a while since I last posted here on CV, I
        thought it was about time to bring you some images again from stavanger

Norwegian Jade seen from Old Town of Stavanger last summer

From the quay

Last edited by Conductor; June 27th, 2009, 00:27.

Comment

Conductor: welcome on board and congratulations on your very first post. Hopefully, you will find a lot of interesting 'stuff' to read about here and we all can promise you that you will most surely enjoy your time with us!

Love the composition of your 3rd image, the one taken of the bow from just above her bow moorings! Great angle and depth, in addition to nice and clear colors!

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Thanks for your warm welcome and nice complements Jan-Olav

Here are some more from last summer

MV Mona Lisa's funnel seen from The Norwegian Canning Museum with it's chimney in the foreground

Comment

I also welcome you to our friendly family here on 'CV' conductor, and like Jan-Olav, I also congratulate you on these fantastic images!

I also love the one looking up the mooring lines to the bow of the Norwegian Jade, truly stunning image. And I also love the shot of 'Mona Lisa's' funnel. I do so hope that this classic has got some sort of successful future ahead of her.

Anyway, again, Welcome aboard!
              Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Thanks again for a warm welcome Steve B. It is always nice to read that images posted here at CV are appreciated

In the harbour the same day was another giant mored across the harbour in Stavanger

MSC's Lirica

Comment

When mored a painting job is also required

Comment

I know which of those two ships I prefer!

Out of interest, in the first photo of your second to last post, do you know which ships stern that is that you can see behind Mona Lisa?
                    Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Yeap! That is nothing less then ex-Norwegian American liner Saga Ruby

Statsraad Lehmkuhl - the fastest training vessel in the world sailing out of the fjord seen in the background

Comment

Originally posted by Conductor View Post
                        Yeap! That is nothing less then ex-Norwegian American liner Saga Ruby
                        Brilliant! Two classics together!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve.B View Post
                          Brilliant! Two classics together!
                          Almost perfect

Comment

Here I am again with a couple of pictures of vessels in the early morning light of Kristiansund this 1st July 2009.

"Eidsvaag Polaris"

"Camogli Star"

Then some from this afternoon when I got off work
                            "Camogli Star" again

And to you guys who know more about this than me; isn't this some 'strange' mooring, or what...? Never seen the moore-line making the starboard spring taken from the port side around the bow before....

"Havila Favour" about to dock behind "Camogli Star"

All pictures: ©S. Ludvigsen
                            "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

M/S "Atlantic"

Here are some photos of the M/S "Atlantic" my old workplace

Comment

WAOW.... seems like Holmfoss really enjoyed the forward trim (again) today!

Comment

Working...
                                X