Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jepp, "Tridens" is a research vessel with dutch flag. Here's one from the same company a few years back, seen docked in Kristiansund: "Tridens I"
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
      Jepp, "Tridens" is a research vessel with dutch flag. Here's one from the same company a few years back, seen docked in Kristiansund: "Tridens I"
      Strange looking thing....
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Totally bad and flat photolight in Kristiansund this afternoon, but here's a bit better view of the new "Island Wellserver"

"Green Tromsø" load salmon

Comment

"Orion" left dock #8 at Vestbase early this morning to sail to Germany.
          (A little odd, but as I write this almost 11 hours later, she's only 17 nautical miles north of Ålesund doing only 6 knots. Normally I guess she would soon be entering the North Sea by now).
          Anyway, here's the pictures:

Last edited by Sterkoder; May 26th, 2009, 23:58.

Comment

Bengt:

As you might know, I'm very interested in vessels built at Sterkoder Shipyard here in Kristiansund and in particular how those vessels look today.

I have a totally private file here on my pc where I copy and paste pictures I find of Sterkoder vessels.

So, I hope you're ok with me copying your picture of "Lance" to put in my private file...??

"Lance" was yard nr. 64 delivered in July 1978 from Sterkoder

Comment

Thank you, thank you!!!
              Always like to ask first....., that's a good gesture when it comes to photographies

Comment

"Trinovante" visited Kristiansund again this afternoon. Last time was 13th June 2008.

"Waterbjørn" handling a seagoing rock crusher on the harbour. The rock crusher belongs to the norwegian road authority, Statens Vegvesen. It's name is "Knusaren".

A beautiful vessel also visited us today, "Hindholmen". This is an old fishing vessel built in 1916 by Kristiansand Verksted. Today she's owned by a club down at Sunnmøre/Ålesund where she's used to do charter.
                They also have a web-site: http://www.mshindholmen.no/default.asp?Folder=301

Here's my pictures from Kristiansund this afternoon

Pictures: ©S. Ludvigsen

Comment

Forth ports pilot boat

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post

Pictures: ©S. Ludvigsen
                    Fantastic image - love the composition of this one - and the vessel naturally!

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I agree--love that curve and the bits of orange!! Nicely done!

Comment

I am starting to know Norweigan boats & ships. I now know the lines of a live fish carrier (something we do not have in the southern USA).

Comment

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
                          I am starting to know Norweigan boats & ships. I now know the lines of a live fish carrier (something we do not have in the southern USA).
                          It's an educational trip for me included.

Comment

Normand Mariner was in Leith on Thursday, and moreover actually moored in a place where she could be seen and photographed!

I thought you’d like to see the painting job, and while you are taking in the crane details I also wanted to draw your attention to the Norwegian and Scottish flags looking so great together on this breezy day.

Comment

That stern crane is huge. I suppose they are hauling very large anchors for the oil platforms?

Comment

Not anchors but umbilicals and such for the seabed oil- and gas installations.
                                The stern crane is called an "A-frame".
                                Last edited by Sterkoder; June 1st, 2009, 18:48.

Comment

Working...
                                X