Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sterkoder, those night photos are simply stunning. Brilliant photography, and I share SteveB’s enthusiasm for Edda Fauna too!

Comment

Thank you!!!

And as for the moving around of "Serra Theresa"...:
      She could not get her anchor up, and finaly had to cut the chain...
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

I just wondered for a few seconds whether I should post all my pictures from todays "hunt" here, or spread them around in different threads (Navy vessels around the world and Offshore and supply vessels).
        Ended up with posting them here, so here we go:

Coast Guard (Kystvakt...., in norwegian) vessel W333 KV "Njord".
        This vessel belongs to what we call "inner" Coast Guard concerning with close to shore waters and fjords. (The "outer" Coast Guard obviously has larger ships)

One for you detailfreaks out there ()

KV "Njord" with the arriving "Viking Athene" in the background

Photos: ©S. Ludvigsen

Comment

"Viking Athene" turning around in the harbour to dock starbord side in at Devoldholmen

The offshore gigant "Skandi Seven" docked at Storkaia

A closer look inside the "ROV Compartement". The little yellow thing there being the ROV (Remotely Operated Vehicle). Normal operating depths are 1.000 to 3.500 meters, but they are a few times known to have been operated between 7.000 and 8.000 meters

"Orion Explorer" (former "Eidsvaag orion" docked at Nordmørskaia)

Photos: ©S. Ludvigsen
          Last edited by Sterkoder; April 25th, 2009, 16:58.

Comment

The evening shot of Edda Fauna further up is simply fantastic! Nice work!
            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Thank you, thank you!!
              You know, I used a tri-pod for a change and shot in "auto", "night" and "manuall".

By the way, when talking of tri-pod; did you ever get pictures of the cargo vessel TRI TRANS just passing Nærøybrua...?
              Sent you an sms earlier. I think TRI TRANS is a beautiful vessel with good classic lines for a coastal cargo vessel. (Needless to say, I don't like former european "flat" river boats, as it seems all coastal cargo vessels have become in Norway now).

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                Thank you, thank you!!
                You know, I used a tri-pod for a change and shot in "auto", "night" and "manuall".

By the way, when talking of tri-pod; did you ever get pictures of the cargo vessel TRI TRANS just passing Nærøybrua...?
                Sent you an sms earlier. I think TRI TRANS is a beautiful vessel with good classic lines for a coastal cargo vessel. (Needless to say, I don't like former european "flat" river boats, as it seems all coastal cargo vessels have become in Norway now).
                Sadly, I just realized I had forgotten my mobile in the car.... I guess she is passed now?

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

It's quite allright, I just took a wild shot at it....

She passed Rørvik a long time ago on her way to Elnesvågen

Comment

Tanker "Eships Quest" at anchor in Freifjord today

Both pictures: ©S. Ludvigsen
                    Last edited by Sterkoder; April 26th, 2009, 21:03.

Comment

By tips from Sterkoder, I managed to capture the tanker Saturnus today: this is the advantage of living within minutes from a bridge in a major shipping lane:

Comment

Also from tip by my "allied partner in crime" (aka Sterkoder), here is another vessel that passed by just less than an hour ago: the cargo vessel Holmfoss:

Comment

Isn't that "Saturnus" a nice vessel...? Well, I'm not asking, I'm telling...!

Great also that you got my last sms. You should catch both "Finnmarken" and "Nordstjernen" tonight...

Allways nice to help out!

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                            Great also that you got my last sms. You should catch both "Finnmarken" and "Nordstjernen" tonight...
                            Yeapp. Thanks for the notification!

Sadly, my phone was empty on the credit side so I couldn't reply. I'll fix that tomorrow...

The images of NX didn't come out well... rain, hazy conditions and not the best of light tonight.

Comment

The images of NX didn't come out well... rain, hazy conditions and not the best of light tonight.
                              In that case..., disregard my last comment in the Nordstjernen thread...

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                                Sadly, my phone was empty on the credit side so I couldn't reply. I'll fix that tomorrow...
                                I'm glad someone ELSE get's this excuse, Sterkoder............

Comment

Working...
                                X