Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to see that you had a most wonderful day today in KSU as well....
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
    Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
    Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
      And do you know what; "Roy Kristian" is designed and drawn in Kristiansund by Atlantconsult Marine AS - Consulting Engineers & Naval Architechts.
      The vessel is built in Mjosundet, just 15 nautical miles north east of Kristiansund, in 2001 as yard nr. 95 from Sletta Ship Yard....
      Small world!

We often see Norwegian boats in the seas around here and, once the new camera arrives, I'll be able to zoom in close enough so you can tell me the information about them too.

With it being so difficult to get to Norway by sea at the moment; I nearly asked the crew of a Bergen boat if I could join them for the trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaelsail View Post
        Small world!

We often see Norwegian boats in the seas around here and, once the new camera arrives, I'll be able to zoom in close enough so you can tell me the information about them too.

With it being so difficult to get to Norway by sea at the moment; I nearly asked the crew of a Bergen boat if I could join them for the trip.
        I vaguely remember that they were discussing a boat route between Trondheim and Scotland a few years back: did those plans never matearilize?

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
          I vaguely remember that they were discussing a boat route between Trondheim and Scotland a few years back: did those plans never matearilize?
          There is a weekly freighter that sails from Aberdeen to Tanager and then on up the coast- 'SC Aberdeen' and doesn't take passengers.

There was talk of a passenger/freighter from Rosyth/Norway/Shetland but they didn't get Euro-funding and I'm not sure if they reapplied this year or not.

My hope is that Norfolkline extend the Rosyth/Zeebrugge route into Stavanger and/or Bergen and I've been nagging at those in authority about it. It would certainly make sense judging by the Dutch passengers we met on the Newcastle/Bergen route.

Comment

There was talk of a passenger/freighter from Rosyth/Norway/Shetland
            Funny how my home town pops up everywhere...

You know, there are still talks and work behind the scene, to establish a freighter route (later passenger combined) between Rosyth and Kristiansund..

And as for "SC Aberdeen", she visit us very often both inside Kristiansund harbour and at Vestbase. Here she is in Kristiansund on a picture taken some years ago
            "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

You know, there are still talks and work behind the scene, to establish a freighter route (later passenger combined) between Rosyth and Kristiansund

And as for "SC Aberdeen", she visit us very often both inside Kristiansund harbour and at Vestbase. Here she is in Kristiansund on a picture taken some years ago
              It seemed to have gone very quiet, it would be good if they do manage to establish the route or any route.

Next time I'm in Aberdeen I'll try and make it a Sunday and photograph SC Aberdeen there too.

Comment

I am sure you aready asked, but if not - here is the contact adress:

Sea-Cargo Aberdeen Ltd
                Matthews Quay, Aberdeen Harbour
                Aberdeen, AB11 5PG tel: +44 1224 596 481
                Fax: +44 1224 582 360
                email >>
                Internet: www.sea-cargo.no/aberdeen

Maybe you can tell them, that there is a difference between passengers and CV - members: Worldwide publicity, photo - reports in the www, positive comments....
                Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Nice light in Kristiansund around 6:45 AM on sunny days, as today...

"Sea Explorer"

What on earth is the contraption that looks like a tank on top of the superstructure of Sea Explorer? What does she do for a living?

Comment

You know...., "Sea Explorer" is the ex. MARJATA. Need I say more...?

What that white thing is and what it's used for, I don't know. "Sea Explorer" operates as a research vessel today, in service for oil- and gas companies.

Vessel owned by Gardline Geosurvey Ltd.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
                      Sea-Cargo Aberdeen LtdMaybe you can tell them, that there is a difference between passengers and CV - members: Worldwide publicity, photo - reports in the www, positive comments....
                      Interesting idea, thanks for the address.

Comment

Fr°yfisk

fish carrier registered in ┼lesund at the North Pier in Oban yesterday

Comment

"Fr°yfisk" is the sister vessel of "Roy Kristian"
                          Nice pictures, good light...., but there's a band there....

Comment

Fr°yfisk is the sister vessel of Roy Kristian
                            Perhaps that explains why they are both in Oban.

Comment

From Page 11 of this very same thread:

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                              An update as of today: With Junior being completed at Moen Slip, Kolvereid, Norway: ...>>>

Here she was yesterday, near her completion and in dry dock at Otters°y, April 17th 2009:

Comment

Cargo ship "Varg°y" south Troms°ysundet today.

Spanish trawler "Monte Meixueiro" sailed north Troms°ysundet and 1 hour later she was back again.

Best wishes from
                                Bengt Domben

Comment

Working...
                                X