This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
    I don't have the heart to even try to fool you all...; this "drawing" is done by Photobucket...
    Oh,Svein you are a naughty boy
    Best wishes from
    Bengt Domben

Comment

M/T Bergskald around Stad in full storm 10.01.2009

The boat has changed name in february to M/T Bergen Faith

Best wishes from
      Bengt Domben

Comment

And "Bergen Faith" looks like this....

Photo: B. A. Krohn johansen/Norsk Illustrert Skipsliste
        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Asimut View Post
          Oh,Svein you are a naughty boy
          Hahaha...., jepp..., but the funny thing is, and now I deliberately brag, I could do this with a pencil and a paper myself.
          But who got that kind of time at hand....., to sit down at a table and use several hours to make a detailed drawing like this...? Not me....

Comment

How do they fish aboard Norweigan boats? I see a large tube on the starboard side of all the boats. I assume that somehow funnels the net to the forward deck or down into a hold?

Comment

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
              How do they fish aboard Norweigan boats? I see a large tube on the starboard side of all the boats. I assume that somehow funnels the net to the forward deck or down into a hold?
              As you can see, the funnel is just to help transport the net to the storage at the stern.
              They pull up the net by using the triplex, the three black rods in front of the funnel.

Comment

Drove around for about an hour today and shot some pictures here in Kristiansund.
                Let me start with the small tug "Oskar"...., seen here passing Vestbase heading for Kystvågen Slip on the west side of the island Frei

And at Kystvågen Slip (Kystvågen Shipyard) it looked like this half an hour later. "Oskar" is visible in the center of the picture

In Kristiansund the live fish transporter "Ro Chief" is just about to leave

Comment

"Rem Provider" is getting ready to move from Nordmørskaia to the hurtigrutedock at Devoldholmen

Already at Devoldholmen is "Freitind"

At Vågekaia were also "Kystbunker" and "Kongsnes". If you spot another vessel in the picture, it's "Oljevern 04"
                  Last edited by Sterkoder; March 8th, 2009, 16:58.

Comment

In a beautiful light at Storkaia is "Viking Athene" and "Skandi Captain"

When I stoped near Kystvågen Slip, this workboat came in. "Dormsund" I think it was... (Too busy to finger with my camera to remember the name)

Comment

And to end my presentation for today, here's the tanker "Randgrid" again, still anchored south of Frei...

...some 800 meters from the shoreline, but it seems alot closer...

All pictures in this and the previous posts by me: ©S. Ludvigsen

Hope you enjoyed, and have a further nice week-end...

Comment

Thanks for sharing your afternoon, Sterkoder, (and so promptly too!)
                        The photo with Viking Athene is stunning. I have spent so little time in Kristiansund, but when I was recently looking out the photos taken in Bud in 2003, I came across this of Viking Queen.

Comment

So many wonderful new additions there.... !
                          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                          Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                          Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Nice picture of "Viking Queen" there, 'Seagull'!!!!
                            I see it's probably taken maybe on the 17th May, 8th June or some other day like that...??
                            (Just saw a lot of norwegian flags in the background).

The "Viking Queen" you have in your picture looks like this today, and her name is "Ocean King":

(They are just trying out their new oil-lences...., or what it's called in english).

The ship that have the name "Viking Queen" today looks like this:

Both pictures: ©S. Ludvigsen
                            Last edited by Sterkoder; March 8th, 2009, 19:48.

Comment

I see it's probably taken maybe on the 17th May, 8th June or some other day like that...??
                              I use my own quote here now, because the sun could never shine like that (I'm looking at the shadows) in mid May or early June.
                              Let me have a new guess on let's say late June...., around the "birthday" of Kristiansund...?

EDIT:
                              SOME ADDITIONAL INFO ON THE TANKER "RANDGRID" FURTHER UP HERE:

She's built at Samsung in Korea in 1995 as "Heidrun" and her main role would be to load oil at the oilfield and platform "Heidrun".
                              As you might guess, this could create quite some situations at the radio; "Heidrun calling Heidrun, good morning!"..., so in 1996 the tanker
                              changed name to "Randgrid".
                              She's 265,88 meters long o.a. and 46 meters wide. She got 4 engines giving her 9.443 horsepowers at 514 rpm on the shaft.
                              She can load 140.866 m³ of liquid cargo (4.977.597 ft³).
                              Have never seen info on her max. speed, but I would guess around 12 to 15 knots. (I guess it's dependent on her weight??)
                              Last edited by Sterkoder; March 8th, 2009, 20:50.

Comment

Sterkoder, you are amazing! It was June 29th
                                Fascinating to get the update on the name, and a photo of the new Viking Queen too, and I also appreciated the Randgrid data. Does this tanker have submerged turret loading?

Comment

Working...
                                X